Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Raccoon

Aston Villa will not win 10 more times in the league this season

I like following trends and my prediction is Villa will not win their required 10 games this season to stay up following Remi Garde''s comments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35161976

Much prefer to concentrate on ourselves but you don''t need a manager saying this going into the xmas period while on poor form. It put the pressure on under performing players, which for us is good.

Sunderland and Leicester have shown you can look dead and buried but go on a run and turn it around. With 3 points for a win, if a team in Villa''s position can get 3 wins in a row they''d be right back in it, with momentum in their favour.

You''re of course probably right, but I won''t be taking Villa''s relegation as a given until the doctor has issued the post-mortem.

They could even be top by next Christmas!

Until it''s mathematically impossible, it''s always possible.

Look at Leicester, bottom this time last year, top this year. Madness, anything can happen.

They''ve got 7 pts and have 21 games to play just don''t see them winning half of them to get anywhere near 40 pt.

If they go and win the next 3, which is more than possible, they''ll be right mix again. Think a few weeks ago Bournemouth looked doomed

Villa''s next 3 games:

West Ham H

Norwich A

Sunderland A

Villa beating Sunderland would be ideal. Would hope and expect them to lose against us and maybe a point from West Ham.

3 wins on the bounce is very wishful thinking.

I''d be stunned if Villa managed to survive this season but as has been said a lot in this thread, look at Leicester. You can''t write a team off until it''s mathematically impossible and I still think it''s too early to make predictions - we''re not even halfway through the season yet. Personally I''d wait and see what they do in the transfer window and how they''re doing in February

[quote user="AJ"]Until it''s mathematically impossible, it''s always possible.

Look at Leicester, bottom this time last year,
top this year. Madness, anything can happen.[/quote]Leicester were still bottom and 6 points adrift of safety after 30 games.They survived by winning 6 and drawing 1 of their final 8 games.

I don''t think Villa either have the quality, or the ability to attract the required quality in January, to emulate Leicester.Whats not helping them either is the promoted teams all doing pretty well.

The ideal for us would be Villa fecking up all other teams in the bottom 7-8, bar us. Grab points from the Sunderlands, Newcastles, Swanseas, etc, but lose against us.

I can not see Villa suddenly turning it around big time either, but they may well serve up a few "dead cat bounces".