Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Bournemouth revealed as the cheats we all knew they were...

...breaching FFP, surprise surprise.

surely their punishment here should be a hefty points reduction, as a fine would hardly act as a deterrent?, otherwise any other Championship club would think that spending over their means to get promotion is a risk worth taking as any ensuing fine will just be paid for by the Premier League money they will earn.

Hopefully the media will stop referring to them as this "fairytale" club from now on, and call them out as the cheats that they are.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...breaching FFP, surprise surprise.

surely their punishment here should be a hefty points reduction, as a fine would hardly act as a deterrent?, otherwise any other Championship club would think that spending over their means to get promotion is a risk worth taking as any ensuing fine will just be paid for by the Premier League money they will earn.

Hopefully the media will stop referring to them as this "fairytale" club from now on, and call them out as the cheats that they are.[/quote]FFP is a joke, nothing will be done.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Hopefully the media will stop referring to them as this "fairytale" club from now on, and call them out as the cheats that they are.[/quote]Not a hope, they are the media darlings and as such can do no wrong, no doubt their breach of FFP rules will be put down as a ''typo'' or some such by the media.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]well Fulham and Forest who have also been exposed as cheating look like being slapped with transfer embargo as they still fall under Championship rules......this should be the very least imposed on Bournemouth.[/quote]The main problem is that the football league and the Premiership are two different "companies"Remember when QPR wriggled out of it too?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]BBC MOTD will start a campaign to have the charges dropped.[/quote]Not forgetting the Eddie Howe Appreciation Society.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]well Fulham and Forest who have also been exposed as cheating look like being slapped with transfer embargo as they still fall under Championship rules......this should be the very least imposed on Bournemouth.[/quote]The main problem is that the football league and the Premiership are two different "companies"Remember when QPR wriggled out of it too?[/quote]

I am not sure but I don''t believe the League can impose any sanction on Bournemouth while they are in the Premier League. It would have to wait until they got relegated, as With QPR.

it might, though, be that Bournemouth and the League could agree on the scale of the fine, whereas The League and QPR were many millions part on what the sum should be.

And it is still not clear to me that a decision has been reached that lets QPR off the hook. I have not seen an official announcement and supposedly at our AGM Bowkett said the issue was far from settled.

Out and out cheats. So they''ve had an unfair advantage on us and others just because they can''t follow the rules. I''m sure their billionaire Russian owner will bail them out.

Looks like Mr Bowkett was correct. Clubs headed by Brighton are demanding QPR are fined £58m

Financial Fair Play: Brighton call for ''severe'' QPR penalty

Brighton chief executive Paul Barber says he expects QPR to be "punished severely" for allegedly breaching Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

QPR, who were relegated from the Premier League last season, are challenging the legality of the Football League''s FFP rules.

The west London club could face a fine of up to £58m.

"We took a view, as did most clubs, that we should comply with the rules," Barber told a BBC Sussex fans'' forum.

"One club that did get promoted and is now back with us still has its case to be determined. We would expect them to be punished and punished severely: they gained from breaking the rules.

"We comply with every other rule, why wouldn''t we with FFP as well?"

At the end of 2013-14 QPR were promoted via the play-offs, in which Brighton lost to Derby. The Hoops have since returned to the second tier.

In March, QPR announced losses of £9.8m, but £60m worth of loans were written off by owner Tony Fernandes and other shareholders.

"We''re now in another set of rules and we have a bit more money to spend but so has everyone else," added Barber.

"The Premier League parachute payments have gone up so we haven''t gained a lot. What it actually means is that people expect you to pay even more."

I doubt anything will be done to QPR. Nothing will affect the football side of things as the legal process takes to long to guarantee any sanction would affect the relevant season. Only thing that might be possible is a massive fine.

As for Bournemouth they''ve got money to blow and it''s got them where they are now. If they stay up this season it''ll all be forgotten

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]well Fulham and Forest who have also been exposed as cheating look like being slapped with transfer embargo as they still fall under Championship rules......this should be the very least imposed on Bournemouth.[/quote]The main problem is that the football league and the Premiership are two different "companies"Remember when QPR wriggled out of it too?[/quote]

I am not sure but I don''t believe the League can impose any sanction on Bournemouth while they are in the Premier League. It would have to wait until they got relegated, as With QPR.

it might, though, be that Bournemouth and the League could agree on the scale of the fine, whereas The League and QPR were many millions part on what the sum should be.

And it is still not clear to me that a decision has been reached that lets QPR off the hook. I have not seen an official announcement and supposedly at our AGM Bowkett said the issue was far from settled.[/quote]Ah right[Y]I still think they''ll get away with it though.

Financial Fair Play is just a complete nonsense and should be scrapped. The current rules fail on every level.

The aim of the rules is for clubs to live within their means. Yet, under the current rules it is acceptable to lose £8 million a year and still be within the parameters of the rules. Now whilst I''m not an accountant I don''t see how losing £8 million a year is sustainable or healthy for any business/club.

The punishments imposed are also stupid because firstly we don''t know if they''re even enforceable and secondly it seems some what counter intuitive to encourage healthy finances at clubs by *drumroll* fining them shed loads of money. Genius, absolute genius.

Surely, if you''re going to have this then it should be done properly. Clubs are required to break even and if they don''t they are either barred from going up or they are levied with a sizeable points deduction depending on the size of the breach.

Personally, I don''t think Financial Fair Play should exist. If a wealthy owner wants to come in and sink his/her money into a football club then that should be entirely a matter for them. As Man City have shown, not all wealthy owners are necessarily a force for evil within the game.