Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Jarvis signing on a permanent

Most likely with the club having the option of a further year. Good early business done and frees up another loan spot...

Superb signing shows he has made an impact on the club, team and no question on the field.

You can see his class as gosh if we had him as hux in the early part of his career wow.

He has exceptional quality and he is a player that can get you or of your seat. Not many in our current crop have that.

He clearly likes the area and sees that AN and the club can go forward and he can be part of that.

Delighted with that move. Keep them coming as we need this type of quality, I believe if he had not been injured he would be a POTs candidate.

Great signing, on the right length of contract. Gives us real depth and options. Another couple of signings like this and we can pull off survival this year.

Very happy with this. I too wonder whether this is to free up for another loan and whether we may be resigned to losing Redmond, as Jarvis can play either wing.

Going forward I agree with Kick it Off, I see Jarvis as a potential number 10 - a two footed Wes.

Worth also pointing out that we''ve effectively replaced Johnson on the left with Matt Jarvis and Robbie Brady for a combined outlay of £3.5million. In the current bonkers market, that''s fantastic work.

[quote user="Jacko"]Worth also pointing out that we''ve effectively replaced Johnson on the left with Matt Jarvis and Robbie Brady for a combined outlay of £3.5million. In the current bonkers market, that''s fantastic work.[/quote]This is a very good point.We were overloaded with central midfield options at the start of the season. It was regrettable to see Johnson go (with loads of over reaction on this very message board), but I think we can all see the reason/vision now.

Really good news. Decent price considering what we got for Johnson. Frees up that 2nd loan spot too. Interesting times.Just need Jarvis to get fit and back playing well for the first eleven.

Great news, really pleased with this one.

Nice to see that all 40 people who have replied since last night are as pleased as me

Glad we''ve signed him. He was doing great for us at the start of the season, but has been out due to injury. Should be back soon though

£2.5million for Jervis is a steal. We''ve missed him since he has been out injured - although I think it is more his positivity than anything else.

He goes at full backs which is a good quality to have in this day and age. It makes me really happy with our left hand side to be honest; Olsson, Brady and Jervis.

Makes our right hand side look a bit limited in comparison when you consider at the moment it is Redmond, Wisdom and Whittaker with Martin when required.

Good solid signing that add''s depth to an otherwise under-stocked area of the squad.

He had 2 years left on 40k/week when he joined us in August. I think West Ham are reasonably happy with the deal too.

Saving them 4 mill in wages over 2 years, plus the 2.5mill transfer fee.

So, 6.5 mill in savings, will do them good even though they take a 8.25 mill hit on the transfer fee.

Jarvis cost WH 10.75 mill when he arrived in 2012.