Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

Quote of the Week!!

The following quote from NW appears in today''s EDP -

“Bringing in another player in Thomas Helveg''s position is something we will be looking at,” he said. “It''s just happened, so we will have to sit down and go through our list and see what might be available"

You mean it was a surprise to you, Nigel?

Guess you had better start going through your list and see who is available.  It might have been better if you had done this several months ago when it was obvious to everyone on the planet that Helveg would not start with us this year

No, no, no, that''s not quote of the week, this is:

“Matty Jonson had a game and a half in that position last season but you''d prefer to keep people in their own positions as much as possible,”

Nice one Worthy!

I just think he keeps his cards close to his chest. How do you know he hasn''t already got someone in place? He''s hardly going to make himself sound desperate for a right-back, as that pushes the price up, please trust him. 

Btw, Helveg good riddance.

[quote]The following quote from NW appears in today''s EDP - “Bringing in another player in Thomas Helveg''s position is something we will be looking at,” he said. “It''s just happened, so we will have to sit...[/quote]

To be fair though FatMan, Worthy is hardly going to go "Oh thank god.  Tommy''s gone, now I can bring in Ryan Taylor whom I''ve been chasing for months.  Let me just phone Bryan Little!"  I''m sure Worthy and his back room staf have had their eye on a Helveg replacement since we got relegated

For god''s sake Fatman get off his back! Nowhere in that quote does Worthy say he is surprised.

YOU say he is surprised and then condemn him for words that YOU have put into his mouth. Totally and utterly ridiculous.

The fact of the matter, as Worthy rightly says, is that he can''t actually do anything until the Helveg deal is done and dusted. Why can''t you just trust him and leave him alone to get on with it without jumping on to this board to have a pop every five minutes?

[quote]I just think he keeps his cards close to his chest. How do you know he hasn''t already got someone in place? He''s hardly going to make himself sound desperate for a right-back, as that pushes the price...[/quote]

Well said Weston, can the Worthy bashers PLEASE leave it out until at least 5''o''clock after the Coventry game!!!
It''s rare to know what''s going on behind the scenes at Colney - even 1st Wizard only sees the future mistily!!!

There''s a guy with no club who can do a good job in that position.... hang on though - I''ve just read he''s signed for Derby County.

Thanks for your undervalued efforts Marc.

[quote]No, no, no, that''s not quote of the week, this is: “Matty Jonson had a game and a half in that position last season but you''d prefer to keep people in their own positions as much as possible ,” ...[/quote]

i think worthy has it in his head that jonson is a right sided midfielder!

Well, hopefully worthy knows what he is doing *scratches head*

[quote]i think worthy has it in his head that jonson is a right sided midfielder! Well, hopefully worthy knows what he is doing *scratches head*[/quote]

Well that would make sense, with Jonson being a right winger and all...

Sorry Mr Rosario, the words of wisdom were all Worthington''s, not mine. Maybe he inspires you with confidence, but he doesn''t inspire me and never has done. Ho hum....

[quote]For god''s sake Fatman get off his back! Nowhere in that quote does Worthy say he is surprised. YOU say he is surprised and then condemn him for words that YOU have put into his mouth. Totally and ...[/quote]

Well said Mr Rosario. 

Jonson, a right winger?? I am Yellow, surely you jest.

In the 15 mins he had up front against liverpool he looked like he finally knew where he was. But to be honest, I''ve never seen a right winger that can''t cross, can''t dribble, can''t pass particularly well and can''t tackle without getting booked! Unless you count Henderson, of course.

[quote]There''s a guy with no club who can do a good job in that position.... hang on though - I''ve just read he''s signed for Derby County. Thanks for your undervalued efforts Marc.[/quote]

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Finally, someone saying something positive about Eddy!!

I loved the guy, he was fast and strong and could pass the ball well.  It was another case of a few bad games and suddenly he''s a scapegoat!

I was disappointed when he left, and kind of felt that we''d let the wrong right-back go, regardless of Helveg''s late-season form.  But, that said, I think Worthy is trying to build a team to make a proper assault on the Prem if we get promoted again, and by then we''d have had not one, but two ageing right-backs... only now we''ve got neither!

Anyway, back to this thread - yeah, I think jumping on Worthy''s back for this is wrong! He''s said they''ll have to sit down and look at their options, which suggests to me that they have a list of player''s they were looking at just in case.  Make no mistake, Worthy is no fool!