Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Spurs vs Norwich - Match Thread

Norwich need more shots on target.

They made 10 attempts to Tottenham''s 15 which isn''t too bad but only had 3 on target vs Spurs'' 10.

They aren''t thinking of bringing out those clappers for the Villa game are they??[:P]

[quote user="Herman "]They aren''t thinking of bringing out those clappers for the Villa game are they??[:P][/quote]I''ve got two if you want to borrow one, Herman.[:D]

I am not AN biggest fan I think he has a lot to prove

I often wonder why people call him the brightest manager in the country etc but that''s another story

BUT !!!!! after last week I decided that I will back him till end of the season he will pick up points for us just not today spurs are a very good side so we are going to lose more than we win against sides like that

I think against villa will be the true measure not against spurs

This season after 18 games we have scored 20 and conceded 32 with 17 points.

Previous seasons in the PL:

2011/12 Scored 27 conceded 33 with 21 points

2012/13 Scored 20 conceded 28 with 25 points

2013/14 Scored 16 conceded 31 with 19 points

So defensively we are not massively different to previous seasons but the goal scoring rate is comparable to the Hughton seasons, although we have not adopted his cautious approach. I know we need to improve the defence but the strike rate also needs to improve.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Herman "]They aren''t thinking of bringing out those clappers for the Villa game are they??[:P][/quote]I''ve got two if you want to borrow one, Herman.[:D][/quote]My throwing arm isn''t that good. [;)]

Until the penalty we were shading it I think. Point of no return was Bassong standing off Kane and letting him pick his spot for the second goal. At points in the second half we were absolutely all over the place, it was embarrassing how easily Spurs were strolling through the back of our midfield.Looked really lethargic going forward as well, Cam ran gamely but didn''t get much support, Redmond was largely anonymous and the number of times we got caught offside was greatly concerning.On the plus side, Vadis had a decent game, showed some nice link play and good first touches, and Mulumbu was pretty good although faded a bit (not surprising given his lack of football so far this season). Masterclass from Dele Alli today, that kid is going to be a massive star for club and country for many years to come.In summary, decent start, worrying capitulation at points in the second half. Win on Monday, though, and all is forgotten. Biggest game of the season by a country mile.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Don''t forget that Spurs are on a heck of a roll.

Wes needs to start on Monday.[/quote]Yeah, they''re a very good side to be honest and are a main contender for a top 4 place. Disappointed obviously, but have to take that one on the chin and just hope we can give Villa a good kicking.

3 or 4-0 was always on the cards today, as was City in bottom 3 at Xmas...just need Newcastle to pick up a point around now and thats it..no matter how one disects todays performance or any other, it has been plain from the start of season that we would be in this position  at this time. What worries me is City frequently have a poor 2nd part of the season in the Prem...anyway, i dont blame the manager, we just have not had a strong enough squad. Maybe January window will bring us some cheer...or not, but for sure its going to be a long  old haul from now till May.

I don''t mind giving up my Boxing Day to follow the canaries I don''t mind spending the money I don''t even mind travelling the uncomfortable coaches on cabbage but what infuriates me is I go to all that effort but our team and manager don''t

A disgrace the lot of them

[quote user="Captain Canary"]I don''t mind giving up my Boxing Day to follow the canaries I don''t mind spending the money I don''t even mind travelling the uncomfortable coaches on cabbage but what infuriates me is I go to all that effort but our team and manager don''t

A disgrace the lot of them[/quote]

Well done for making the trip. Watching online, it looked like we really tried hard for the first twenty minutes, but once Spurs got the upper hand, their class told and the pressure they put us under made it hard to do anything well.  Does that constitute not trying, or just being beaten by a better team on the day?   As for the manager, he refreshed the midfield at 0-2 and then put on the extra striker.  Is that not trying to up the threat?

I went to the game, and in hindsight wasted my Boxing Day and money.

However I''m rather apathetic towards the match, it was a bit of a non event for us but it was against a very good Spurs side, they were a class above and we''ve got a lot of games remains this season to pick up the wins we need.