Sign in to follow this  
Hector the Canary

Pie awards

I would like to announce an exciting new feature on the pinkun. Rach week I will give an in depth review of the quality of the pies at the away fixtures for the remainder of the season.

I plan to give an indepth and detailed breakdown of the quality, cost and enjoyment of the away team culinary delights starting with Man Utd on Saturday

I am sure it will become a firm favourite amongst you all

Keep an eye out on Sunday!

Following the outrage expressed at the recent AGM over the lack of sausage rolls at 1.30pm on a home match day maybe you could have devoted more of your efforts on a comparison at away grounds to report back to Delia and Mr.McNally who were most apologetic over this fiasco.

My Waveney pie (or whatever it is called this week) was an extreme let down. Too much hot air and as my mate said, fill of sh*t. Thankfully you won''t see any at Carrow Road.or any other football ground either. Taste ? Rather bitter. Shape. A bit twistedContent. A great number of ancient donkeys testes

[quote user="Leedscanary"]A pie is not a pie unless there is gravy[/quote]At 7.40am i suppose you are pouring gravy all over your Weetabix ?

Arrived at the ground a bit later than normal and as a result a large queue had formed at the concession stand

It gave me ample time to make my pie selection

I chose a meat and potato pie and the first impression was positive.

A good weight and colour and came branded in man Utd packaging

The pie had a water based short crust pastry and gave the reassuring solid tap as I examined the outside .

A decent flavoured crust with a full filling.

This is where it all started to go wrong

Worryingly there was a lack of steam coming out of the pie and my worst fears were realised when I tried the contents it was tepid

Now I don''t know about you but I love my pie to be hot this immediately put me off

Worse was to come however, the colour of the pie was anemic and it was clear it wasn''t a meat and potato pie but a potato and meat pie

The meat content was very low indeed.

In the interest of this thread and my adoring public I forced myself to consume the pie but it was no real pleasure.

A 3 out of 10 for me a bit like their team and fans on the day

Next up Spurs lets see what festive delights they can serve up

Many moons ago on the way home from an away game (Rotherham - we lost 4-1), I bought a pie from a chip shop in Sutton Bridge, it was cooked in a microwave (new fangled things in those days), the pie crust was scorching hot but the centre of the pie was still frozen solid!!, a tepid pie is the first word in luxury!!.......

I agree it can''t be that hard to keep a pie warm. I am still struggling to experience a better pie than the Morrisons pie from riverside