Sign in to follow this  
Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd

Very surprised

I am very surprised that nobody else was as disappointed as I was at yesterday''s performance . It wasn''t just the drive down and the sitting in hours of traffic getting in and out of London .

The players all looked like they had either hangovers or too much turkey ,,,,,, except for Declan Rudd who saved us from a Newcastle type spanking !

Very poor IMO , and a huge improvement needed in the next two games or we are beginning to look like the pundits are painting us .

General consensus seems that we started well, but the penalty changed the game.And its not that we were bad, but Spurs are just very good.

Away to a side that will finish in the top 3. Disappointing but sometimes you just have to get a grip, hold your hands up and admit the opposition are better than you and are a good side.

[quote user="morty"]General consensus seems that we started well, but the penalty changed the game.And its not that we were bad, but Spurs are just very good.

[/quote]Not sure if you went to the game mate but I did and I share the same view.We were right in the game until the penalty.

[quote user="canary_1902"][quote user="morty"]General consensus seems that we started well, but the penalty changed the game.And its not that we were bad, but Spurs are just very good.

[/quote]Not sure if you went to the game mate but I did and I share the same view.We were right in the game until the penalty. [/quote]No didn''t go to the game yesterday, to my shame I watched it on a stream[:$]Answering all the points here at once, I haven''t seen much over reaction on social media, most seem to accept that Spurs were just a lot better than us. I made the point in another thread that if someone had offered us 3 points from away games at Man U and Spurs, before the fact, we would have taken them like a shot.You only have to look at the muted reaction, post game, on this forum to realise that most just accept that we were beaten by a better team.

My point was Morty that our team didn''t really turn up ,, not that we lost ,, it''s the lack of effort that gets me . We were looking ok until the penalty , but Spurs were not that good , and anybody who thinks they will finish top four , will be disappointed at that even if they aren''t disappointed at " our" team not giving it a go . I could pick out all sorts of things , like players not trying to go past their man , to defenders walking back down the pitch after we lost the ball at the Spurs end , except for Bennet who at least tried to recover his position ...... Like I said surprised .

Barclay is right. We did not tirn up. Did not run, did not sprint, did not put in the efforts, and showed little or no belief. Only Morty and other apologists seem to accept this, and the Little ol'' Norwich legend lives on.

I will never sccept anything but 100% effort, in any game, from NCFC players. We are all too often seing players play on cruise control. They are simply not athletes enough to play with mote intensity.

My constant preaching about poor fitness levels among Norwich players has been very evident this authumn, also against Spurs. Not only outwitted (which I can sometimes accept), but outrun and outfought (not acceptable).

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/10517542_10152555371194467_6401666317089854919_n_zps72999288.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/10517542_10152555371194467_6401666317089854919_n_zps72999288.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]My point was Morty that our team didn''t really turn up ,, not that we lost ,, it''s the lack of effort that gets me . We were looking ok until the penalty , but Spurs were not that good , and anybody who thinks they will finish top four , will be disappointed at that even if they aren''t disappointed at " our" team not giving it a go . I could pick out all sorts of things , like players not trying to go past their man , to defenders walking back down the pitch after we lost the ball at the Spurs end , except for Bennet who at least tried to recover his position ...... Like I said surprised .[/quote]

Spurs weren''t that good and won''t finish top 4? bit of an outrageous statement IMO. The only thing that will keep spurs out of the top four this season is selling 3 key players (which would be the most likely reason, historically they tend to do that) Or an unimaginable run of games from Chelsea.

Spurs are looking like the team they''ve threatened to be for seasons. I, along with many others, will be very shocked if they don''t finish top four.

[quote user="Redders Right Foot"][quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]My point was Morty that our team didn''t really turn up ,, not that we lost ,, it''s the lack of effort that gets me . We were looking ok until the penalty , but Spurs were not that good , and anybody who thinks they will finish top four , will be disappointed at that even if they aren''t disappointed at " our" team not giving it a go . I could pick out all sorts of things , like players not trying to go past their man , to defenders walking back down the pitch after we lost the ball at the Spurs end , except for Bennet who at least tried to recover his position ...... Like I said surprised .[/quote]

Spurs weren''t that good and won''t finish top 4? bit of an outrageous statement IMO. The only thing that will keep spurs out of the top four this season is selling 3 key players (which would be the most likely reason, historically they tend to do that) Or an unimaginable run of games from Chelsea.

Spurs are looking like the team they''ve threatened to be for seasons. I, along with many others, will be very shocked if they don''t finish top four.[/quote]I wouldn''t be surprised to see second or third.Man City winning, and it depends to what extent Arsenal bottle it this season.

This season has some uneeringly similarities to 2013/2014 when we got relegated simply because we couldn''t put two wins together back to back or go on any sort of run, albeit the final 4 fixtures did for us too.The run in is better this time but, if we are to avoid relegation, we really must put some back-to-back wins together - look at Bournemouth who were looking down and out a few weeks ago.  The problem is that I see the likes of Newcastle and Sunderland (as well as Swansea) capable of doing that (they''ve both managed it already so far this season to get themselves away from Villa).  We''ve still to put two back-to-back wins together let alone anything beyond that.  Wins against Villa and Southampton would be a good time to start but we often struggle against Villa and Southampton have just stuffed the Arsenal too.  Are we actually capable of winning two games back-to-back let alone anything beyond that with the current squad?  It feels like major reinforcements needed in January, just to kick start any sort of run. 

I think we should put this thread on hold until after the Villa game - whoever thought that 2 games in three days was a good idea needs to be made to play two games in three days.

I hope the team was pacing itself with tomorrow''s game in mind - if we are poor tomorrow then it will be time to unleash the hounds of doom.

Hopefully we will see the team do more with the ball when Wes and O''Neil are restored to the midfield against Villa.A win would give us 20 points from 19 games - which is about par for a team looking for 40 points to stay up.  Anything less than a win and...well, let''s not think about that right now.

Its impossible for high tempo football, teams to be focused for 2 games in 48 hour''s.

Simply we choose to be more focused on Villa game who is not that big surprise with we lost 15 in a row away at London PL.

Starting line up was build for 0-0 and direct football so with this 3 midfield players(Odjidja,Tettey and Mulumbu)we hardly have plan B.

All in all manager with this starting 11 show to players which game is more important performance corresponded this way...

Still 3 pts from very hard away games is good result ofc if we win Villa tmrw

[quote user="Trevor Hockeys Beard"]I think we should put this thread on hold until after the Villa game - whoever thought that 2 games in three days was a good idea needs to be made to play two games in three days.

I hope the team was pacing itself with tomorrow''s game in mind - if we are poor tomorrow then it will be time to unleash the hounds of doom.[/quote]Well said, that man.

I''m very surprised that anyone would be very surprised unless they don''t participate in any sport.

Not surprised as Spurs are a top side, so was disappointed yesterday as we never seemed to get going with any consistency across the 90 minutes, the penalty turned the game, but was a pen (didn''t think it was at the time) and at 2-0 as we tried to find a way back in, you always felt Spurs were going to pick us off on the counter. But make no mistake Spurs were as good as any team i have seen this season.

we started brightly but didnt score from the half chances we created, no bad misses but the took the lead against the run of play with a clear penalty, having just about got away with martin hand ball minutes before. Once they scored they dominated. They are a well balanced good team, creative with good movement attacking and very solid at the back with a good midfield - and they controlled the game with that ability.

The second goal was the killer; olsson and martin far too advanced for a one goal deficit when both tettey and mulumbu had got so far forward & lost possession. olsson barely made an effort to cover the gap that kane filled and took his half chance - which only came from defensive positional ill discipline - something that our side are poor at and what spurs did very well (defensively left no gaps for Jerome or redmond to exploit), unlike Manu last week.

We wont play that calibre of team each week; we were simply outclassed and had our defensive frailties (slow, easily taken out of position, loss of player being marked) exposed once we went behind.

One to move on from and focus on better (with wes and ONeill back) against Villa, which is only made hard by our poor record against them in recent years. one to turf the history books out with and get the win we need, and hope agbonlahor does not play or continue he record of scoring or creating 6 goals in his last 6 games against us.