Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Ridiculous mobile ads on this forum.

Stupid overlaying Seat car adverts make it impossible to use this forum on top of other ads. Always defend this forum but these hugely effect usability.

[quote user="hogesar"]Stupid overlaying Seat car adverts make it impossible to use this forum on top of other ads. Always defend this forum but these hugely effect usability.[/quote]Might be handy if you''re in the market for a Spanish limo though....[;)]

Ive had the rotate your screen too which blocked the post I was reading, very annoying. Only started this last week

No problem on my Amstrad PCW get rid of all this modern stuff and donate them to Laos

Well I use a PC with Firefox and Adblock Plus & I don''t see any adverts on this site (or any other) at all.All I see is a sort of rotating circle where presumably the ads should be.

I only see them when Im on my moby, they just pop up and block the post im reading

[quote user="Making Plans"]Well I use a PC with Firefox and Adblock Plus & I don''t see any adverts on this site (or any other) at all.All I see is a sort of rotating circle where presumably the ads should be.[/quote]
Yep; the title clearly indicates this is a problem on mobiles. I''ve blocked them on Chrome on my PC, but I often access the site through my phone and these adverts are a pita. That said, the main reason anything on the Internet is free is because of the income received through advertising, so I can see why it may be a necessary evil.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Well I use a PC with Firefox and Adblock Plus & I don''t see any adverts on this site (or any other) at all.All I see is a sort of rotating circle where presumably the ads should be.[/quote]Snap...................

Its only if you look at the site on your mobile theres a problem OR

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Making Plans"]Well I use a PC with Firefox and Adblock Plus & I don''t see any adverts on this site (or any other) at all.All I see is a sort of rotating circle where presumably the ads should be.[/quote]
Yep; the title clearly indicates this is a problem on mobiles. I''ve blocked them on Chrome on my PC, but I often access the site through my phone and these adverts are a pita. That said, the main reason anything on the Internet is free is because of the income received through advertising, so I can see why it may be a necessary evil.
[/quote]
I''m fully aware that with the relatively decent traffic the forum attracts, any business would utilise some advertising space to make money. However, and maybe i''m particularly fussy because of me being in an IT company - what you shouldn''t do is have adverts which negatively effect the viewing experience of the website.
There''s plenty ways of pushing ad''s and products on a site without pissing off the people who made the ad''s worthwhile for generating revenue in the first place!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]On the mobile site Old Bob?[/quote]I''ll shut up then, my mobile is older than I am.[:)]

But fed up with these intrusive ads now!

Archant, please be aware that I refuse to purchase anything from companies which craze be with advertising. I''m probably not the only one.

[quote user="Number9"]But fed up with these intrusive ads now!

Archant, please be aware that I refuse to purchase anything from companies which craze be with advertising. I''m probably not the only one.[/quote]Was just going to dig up this thread too.Looked at the forum on my phone, and theres a ridiculous Nissan ad every time you open a new page.Stupidly intrusive.

Aye. Earlier I couldn''t find the button to close it and it was stuck filling my screen. No way to close it, no way to move off it to the original page. I ended up having to close the entire tab and navigate back to the middle of the thread. Extremely frustrating and annoying.

Same here Chip.

Usually you can close the ads pretty quickly (which is very annoying but tolerable) but sometimes the whole page changes to an ad that you can neither close, nor navigate back from forcing me to close my whole browser. When that happens, I don''t bother coming back to this board.