Sign in to follow this  
Norfolkn Good

Austin Out....again

Charlie''s out for ''a few weeks'' with the same hamstring that kept him out for a month earlier in the season

Thought it was his knees that were shot?

Probably too risky even if he fancied it

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]Apparently Villa are going to offer 8 million for him. Should we?[/quote]If prices of up to 15 million were being touted in the summer, I am not so sure 8 million would get him in January.

Why are some people so keen to buy a player who cannot play for ''a few weeks'', so let''s give our rivals a few weeks start on us in maybe racking up some points, before ''super signing'' is fit (maybe)?  Mental in my book.  Don''t we want to sign fit players who are going to make a difference immediately, not next month, or the month after or whenever?

And the irony will be Villa get him for £8m, he scores goals to keep them up, and we go down cuz our measly board fail to match expectations in Premiership, and we go remainder of season with our stuttering strikers!

[quote user="Samwam27"]And the irony will be Villa get him for £8m, he scores goals to keep them up, and we go down cuz our measly board fail to match expectations in Premiership, and we go remainder of season with our stuttering strikers![/quote]

Um seriously. You think Villa have any chance of staying up? Last time I checked they were on 8 points and we''re halfway through. I''d be surprised if they get to 20. If they go down with those two really ''big'' clubs from the NE then I''ll happily take 17th place. Just picture the MotD cameras panning across rows and rows of half naked crying geordies. Brings a lump to the throat doesn''t it :-)

[quote user="Bor"]Yes, SamWam, Austin will be the catalyst for Villa to hit Europe League qualification form.

I hope you didn''t get razor blades for Christmas.[/quote]

Yes I did Bor, and I used them to cut my throat reading your dross!

I used the irony-did I say they''d hit European League heights heights.No! Next you;ll be telling me we should sack AN and bring back Lambert!

[quote user="Feel The Force"][quote user="Samwam27"]And the irony will be Villa get him for £8m, he scores goals to keep them up, and we go down cuz our measly board fail to match expectations in Premiership, and we go remainder of season with our stuttering strikers![/quote]

Um seriously. You think Villa have any chance of staying up? Last time I checked they were on 8 points and we''re halfway through. I''d be surprised if they get to 20. If they go down with those two really ''big'' clubs from the NE then I''ll happily take 17th place. Just picture the MotD cameras panning across rows and rows of half naked crying geordies. Brings a lump to the throat doesn''t it :-)[/quote]

Force-I used the word irony (shame no one on here knows what it means!) NO I don''t think Villa will stay up. Thankfully having changed their manager they show little signs of improvement. The same goes for Sunderland.

The dig I was making was that we 3 have three stuttering strikers that have failed to get us goals this season, added to that a Board that seems to fear investing in quality after being stung by RVW. All I''m saying is we need fresh blood up front, and hope the Board provide sensible finances to get players in quickly come the window opening!

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="Feel The Force"][quote user="Samwam27"]And the irony will be Villa get him for £8m, he scores goals to keep them up, and we go down cuz our measly board fail to match expectations in Premiership, and we go remainder of season with our stuttering strikers![/quote]

Um seriously. You think Villa have any chance of staying up? Last time I checked they were on 8 points and we''re halfway through. I''d be surprised if they get to 20. If they go down with those two really ''big'' clubs from the NE then I''ll happily take 17th place. Just picture the MotD cameras panning across rows and rows of half naked crying geordies. Brings a lump to the throat doesn''t it :-)[/quote]

Force-I used the word irony (shame no one on here knows what it means!) NO I don''t think Villa will stay up. Thankfully having changed their manager they show little signs of improvement. The same goes for Sunderland.

The dig I was making was that we 3 have three stuttering strikers that have failed to get us goals this season, added to that a Board that seems to fear investing in quality after being stung by RVW. All I''m saying is we need fresh blood up front, and hope the Board provide sensible finances to get players in quickly come the window opening![/quote]That''s a really good effort mate. I hope you get the hang of English soon. Keep practising.

If I was Charlie Austin I''d play for QPR until the end of the season whilst on my large weekly salary until my contract runs out at the end of the season, then move to a London PL club who will likely finish in the top half.

What I wouldn''t do in January is sign a 3-4 year contract for a PL club that is highly likely to get relegated.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]If I was Charlie Austin I''d play for QPR until the end of the season whilst on my large weekly salary until my contract runs out at the end of the season, then move to a London PL club who will likely finish in the top half.

What I wouldn''t do in January is sign a 3-4 year contract for a PL club that is highly likely to get relegated.[/quote]

Maybe he''ll sign for Villa and they''ll get relegated. Now that would be ironic!

[quote user="Bor"]We would, but we''d still call you something else.[/quote]

I can take it Bor. Its only a message board after all