Sign in to follow this  
Oswald Cobblepot

Vadis . . .

Hi all. Apologies if I''ve missed it but couldn''t find another thread about how he got on yesterday. Unfortunately I didn''t get the chance to watch the game and only caught the highlights. What were your thoughts on Vadis'' first start for us this season? The little I saw he seemed to have done well in the first half, some nice touches/passing and a keen eye for goal. I hope he gets a bit of a run to show what he can really do. Seemed to have a bit more of a presence in the midfield than Howson.

Considering his lack of first team match time, and playing against such good opposition, I thought he did very well.

He has pretty quick feet for a big guy and can make himself a bit of space.

Also very hard to get the ball off, I recon he could be a great asset if he gets a run of games.

I think he was probably in his best position yesterday but is unlikely to displace Wes however.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Considering his lack of first team match time, and playing against such good opposition, I thought he did very well.

He has pretty quick feet for a big guy and can make himself a bit of space.

Also very hard to get the ball off, I recon he could be a great asset if he gets a run of games.

I think he was probably in his best position yesterday but is unlikely to displace Wes however.[/quote]I always assumed that he was bought as the Wes upgrade / replacement.

Was decent, looked strong against a very good midfield. Hopefully he''ll be up to full fitness soon and be the dynamic midfielder that fer never really was for us.

morty wrote the following post at 27/12/2015 10:07 AM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

Considering his lack of first team match time, and playing against such good opposition, I thought he did very well. He has pretty quick feet for a big guy and can make himself a bit of space. Also very hard to get the ball off, I recon he could be a great asset if he gets a run of games. I think he was probably in his best position yesterday but is unlikely to displace Wes however.

I always assumed that he was bought as the Wes upgrade / replacement.

At the moment I meant.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]morty wrote the following post at 27/12/2015 10:07 AM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

Considering his lack of first team match time, and playing against such good opposition, I thought he did very well. He has pretty quick feet for a big guy and can make himself a bit of space. Also very hard to get the ball off, I recon he could be a great asset if he gets a run of games. I think he was probably in his best position yesterday but is unlikely to displace Wes however.

I always assumed that he was bought as the Wes upgrade / replacement.

At the moment I meant.[/quote]Yeah, there will be a transitional period.And a lot depends on what division we are in next season, however much people may not like it, Wes isn''t going to last forever.

''''Wes isn''t going to last forever.''''.........Morty

What? eh? he''d better last until July of next year. i''ve got a Jacket older than Wes.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]''''Wes isn''t going to last forever.''''.........Morty

What? eh? he''d better last until July of next year. i''ve got a Jacket older than Wes.[/quote]Does your jacket play Premiership football?[;)]

No, but it is strikingly similar to one once worn by a premier league manager. i wont tell you which one for fear of starting a debate about the similarities between jackets, albeit ones that have been involved at different levels.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]No, but it is strikingly similar to one once worn by a premier league manager. i wont tell you which one for fear of starting a debate about the similarities between jackets, albeit ones that have been involved at different levels.[/quote]Have you got a photograph to illustrate your point?Your jacket can be all it wants to be, there is very little between jackets at this level.

I have to admit that the one similar to mine, has more experience,at the top level(i never took my jacket to europe) but as mine can be all that it wants to be,it will soon be a dogs bed. ....an experience few if any pre loved premier league(or european) showcased jackets can claim.

Oh, and Real Madrid have never tried to lure my jacket from its current peg on the back of my downstairs loo door.

i hope that clears up any misunderstandings regarding my jackets potential.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]I have to admit that the one similar to mine, has more experience,at the top level(i never took my jacket to europe) but as mine can be all that it wants to be,it will soon be a dogs bed. ....an experience few if any pre loved premier league(or european) showcased jackets can claim.

Oh, and Real Madrid have never tried to lure my jacket from its current peg on the back of my downstairs loo door.

i hope that clears up any misunderstandings regarding my jackets potential.[/quote][:D]

Is no one prepared to argue the toss over my Jackets potential?

I''m off for a bath, to warm up after a particularly soggy training session with the local u14 team, incidently one of them has a very similar haircut to Christiano Ronaldo, he lacks experience but i feel he can be whatever he wants to be, its that kind of world nowadays apparently.

Never let ability restrict your dreams.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]All the top people wear coats not jackets, Mourinho, Wenger & Koeman all wear coats, what did Houghton wear ?[/quote]My God, you could be onto something there [:|]

We all know that Hughton wore a jacket, there''s no need to bring everything back to Hughton''s dress sense.

Had he been given a chance by the fans the atmosphere at the ground would have been far more positive and he undoubtedly would have eventually acquired an appropriate garment to keep us up.

Mr Jenkins wrote; We all know that Hughton wore a jacket, there''s no need to bring everything back to Hughton''s dress sense.

Had he been given a chance by the fans the atmosphere at the ground would have been far more positive and he undoubtedly would have eventually acquired an appropriate garment to keep us up.

Could have upgraded his old school jumper for a nice sensible cardigan ?

Now if its School jumpers we''re on about, i went to the same school as Horatio Nelson, and ive been on Barton Broad, where he learnt to sail. admittedly, he had more experience than me but could i be the next Admiral.

Just seem a loophole in my argument, Nelson sailed in Europe whereas my experience was in England, oh Shhhhh

ugar.

''''still prefer Hickling broad to Barton broad though.''''...Lesso

And thats why you''ll never be an Admiral, or a Premier League Goalkeeper(with experience in Champions League).

You may have a point regarding the success of managers and their choice between a Coat and a Jacket. What did SAF use to keep warm, apart from the Hairdryer?

But he is Scottish, so never needed a coat to keep warm, same as AN.

Ah, thats fine then. All sorted. No more training , just a quick trip to C&A and all players and staff except the Scots, should get new Coats, not Jackets ,and we''ll be top 4 by Easter.

Who would have thought that such a short discussion, without anyone taking the Mickey, would have produced such startling results? not me, but you see , i wear a Jacket.