Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The third goal

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="JF"]It''s like a fucking primary school playground on here[/quote]

Yes, you have to feel sorry for those posters who only look to destroy discussion, rather than add to it. [/quote]Always someone elses fault, isn''t it?And its not discussion you want, you just want people to agree with you.[/quote]

What''s your opinion on the third goal Morty?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="JF"]It''s like a fucking primary school playground on here[/quote]

Yes, you have to feel sorry for those posters who only look to destroy discussion, rather than add to it.

[/quote]Always someone elses fault, isn''t it?And its not discussion you want, you just want people to agree with you.[/quote]How was the sandwich Morts?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="JF"]It''s like a fucking primary school playground on here[/quote]

Yes, you have to feel sorry for those posters who only look to destroy discussion, rather than add to it. [/quote]Always someone elses fault, isn''t it?And its not discussion you want, you just want people to agree with you.[/quote]

What''s your opinion on the third goal Morty?

[/quote]I answered you two pages ago.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="JF"]It''s like a fucking primary school playground on here[/quote]

Yes, you have to feel sorry for those posters who only look to destroy discussion, rather than add to it.

[/quote]Always someone elses fault, isn''t it?And its not discussion you want, you just want people to agree with you.[/quote]How was the sandwich Morts?[/quote]Wasn''t bad thanks, went with the traditional turkey and cranberry on some nice wholemeal bread I got from Markies.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="JF"]It''s like a fucking primary school playground on here[/quote]

[/quote]Always someone elses fault, isn''t it?And its not discussion you want, you just want people to agree with you.[/quote]How was the sandwich Morts?[/quote]

Wasn''t bad thanks, went with the traditional turkey and cranberry on some nice wholemeal bread I got from Markies.[/quote]Nice. A Boxing Day classic. [Y]

[quote user="lake district canary"]What about the third goal Morty?  So far, you''ve posted 9 times on this thread out of 36 on this thread, a quarter of the thread, but you''ve not mentioned the topic once. 

[/quote]For fuck sake, open your eyes, bottom of page one.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="JF"]It''s like a fucking primary school playground on here[/quote]

[/quote]Always someone elses fault, isn''t it?And its not discussion you want, you just want people to agree with you.[/quote]How was the sandwich Morts?[/quote]

Wasn''t bad thanks, went with the traditional turkey and cranberry on some nice wholemeal bread I got from Markies.[/quote]Nice. A Boxing Day classic. [Y][/quote]Any plans for your leftovers?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]What about the third goal Morty?  So far, you''ve posted 9 times on this thread out of 36 on this thread, a quarter of the thread, but you''ve not mentioned the topic once. 

[/quote]For fuck sake, open your eyes, bottom of page one.[/quote]

Nope, you never mentioned the third goal there either.  So I take it you''r not going to. So what is the point of your now 12 posts on here?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]What about the third goal Morty?  So far, you''ve posted 9 times on this thread out of 36 on this thread, a quarter of the thread, but you''ve not mentioned the topic once. 

Nope, you never mentioned the third goal there either.  So I take it you''r not going to. So what is the point of your now 12 posts on here?

[/quote]I said I have no issue with the goal, as we were pushing forward trying to get back into the game.Now stop being a pompous pr1ck.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]What about the third goal Morty?  So far, you''ve posted 9 times on this thread out of 36 on this thread, a quarter of the thread, but you''ve not mentioned the topic once. 

Nope, you never mentioned the third goal there either.  So I take it you''r not going to. So what is the point of your now 12 posts on here?[/quote]I said I have no issue with the goal, as we were pushing forward trying to get back into the game.Now stop being a pompous pr1ck.[/quote]

Still not answered it. The question was about the defending on the third goal.  Yes, we were pushing forwards in the game, but the defender still ran away from the man with the ball leaving him an open shot on goal.  Is that not bad defending?

If anyone would like to step in at this point and just agree with Lakey, that would be great thanks.I think he really needs it.

[quote user="Herman "]I get the feeling most posters are pretty tired of it to be honest.[/quote]Indeed.

Personally I didn''t think the second goal was particularly acceptable. Kane was in acres of space on the left (where was Olsson or a covering player?) and was pretty much unchallenged (where was Bassong or a covering player?) until he shot.

For me the third goal is a bit of a moot point. We''d gone with two strikers but personally thought the game was beyond us at this point anyway.

So for me the OP is kind of missing the point and trying to lay the blame somewhere, when in reality our defending in the match up to that point and for the goals should be criticised/discussed more. Saying that though, our midfield play and attacking in the final third was completely lacking anyway, apart from maybe the first few minutes when Ofoe tested Lloris.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]Personally I didn''t think the second goal was particularly acceptable. Kane was in acres of space on the left (where was Olsson or a covering player?) and was pretty much unchallenged (where was Bassong or a covering player?) until he shot.

For me the third goal is a bit of a moot point. We''d gone with two strikers but personally thought the game was beyond us at this point anyway.

So for me the OP is kind of missing the point and trying to lay the blame somewhere, when in reality our defending in the match up to that point and for the goals should be criticised/discussed more. Saying that though, our midfield play and attacking in the final third was completely lacking anyway, apart from maybe the first few minutes when Ofoe tested Lloris.[/quote]As I said, we played one of the best passing midfields in the league today. I see no need to find any scapegoats.

Whereas I think we can compete with any team if we''re on it, their midfield and movement was so good that you sometimes just have to accept they''re a class above. I''m not very concerned about losing against a very good Spurs side.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]Whereas I think we can compete with any team if we''re on it, their midfield and movement was so good that you sometimes just have to accept they''re a class above. I''m not very concerned about losing against a very good Spurs side.[/quote][Y]

Whatever the merits of goals one and two, the third one effectively ended the game as a contest, which is why it was a shame, particularly because of the way it was defended.  At 2-0 if you get one back it puts the opposition on the back foot a little bit.  All these "it''s Spurs we were always going to lose" type posts are imo way too submissive.

Submissive? Coming from a poster who defended Hughton for months. CH was frightened to death of most teams in the league and we basically waved a white flag before every away game.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Whatever the merits of goals one and two, the third one effectively ended the game as a contest, which is why it was a shame, particularly because of the way it was defended.  At 2-0 if you get one back it puts the opposition on the back foot a little bit.  All these "it''s Spurs we were always going to lose" type posts are imo way too submissive.

[/quote]Not submissive, more realistic.Sometimes it''s about picking the battles you are more likely to get something out of. To beat an inform Spurs our boys would have had to play at the top of their games, risking tiredness and injuries for a crucial 6 pointer against Villa and a slighly easier Soton team (hmmm). I think Alex knows what he is doing. Monday''s game will prove if he got it right or not.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Whatever the merits of goals one and two, the third one effectively ended the game as a contest, which is why it was a shame, particularly because of the way it was defended.  At 2-0 if you get one back it puts the opposition on the back foot a little bit.  All these "it''s Spurs we were always going to lose" type posts are imo way too submissive.

[/quote]Yet you said this in the "Outclassed" thread :-Ultimately outclassed, but had a good beginning to the game and if we

had scored the first goal during that time, it would have put some doubt

in the opposition.  As it was, once the first goal went in they were

too good.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]Whatever the merits of goals one and two, the third one effectively ended the game as a contest, which is why it was a shame, particularly because of the way it was defended.  At 2-0 if you get one back it puts the opposition on the back foot a little bit.  All these "it''s Spurs we were always going to lose" type posts are imo way too submissive.

[/quote]Yet you said this in the "Outclassed" thread :-Ultimately outclassed, but had a good beginning to the game and if we

had scored the first goal during that time, it would have put some doubt

in the opposition.  As it was, once the first goal went in they were

too good. [/quote]

So what?   Are you going to invent some imagined contradiction out of that? 

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="JF"]It''s like a fucking primary school playground on here[/quote]

Wasn''t bad thanks, went with the traditional turkey and cranberry on some nice wholemeal bread I got from Markies.[/quote]Nice. A Boxing Day classic. [Y][/quote]Any plans for your leftovers?[/quote]I don''t have leftovers...... [;)]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="JF"]It''s like a fucking primary school playground on here[/quote]

Wasn''t bad thanks, went with the traditional turkey and cranberry on some nice wholemeal bread I got from Markies.[/quote]Nice. A Boxing Day classic. [Y][/quote]Any plans for your leftovers?[/quote]I don''t have leftovers...... [;)][/quote]Ooh, well played.I bought everything for Christmas from Markies, and it all seemed to feed 10-12 people, only four of us for dinner.Will be eating it for a few days yet....