Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The third goal

Could take the first goal, penalties happen, could take the second goal - a great strike, but the third goal was unforgivable.  At 2-0 we could have made it hard for Spurs if we had held on and maybe got one back, but the defender who could have stopped the strike ran away!   Not sure who it was, was it Martin a bit like one of the goals away at Newcastle or was it one of the others?   Whoever it was, it was a shocker.  

Do you think some tennis lessons would improve our team? It looked like a few of them switched off at the vital moment and a couple were back on their heels.

Bump.[quote user="lake district canary"]You think you are so funny Bor, but you do this after every defeat - try and score points or make fun of posters who are trying to talk about the game. Just get a life. [/quote]

I''m talking about the game too. Hence my observation that our players were flat footed and occasionally walking around the pitch aimlessly when the ball was 80 yards away.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Bump.[quote user="lake district canary"]You think you are so funny Bor, but you do this after every defeat - try and score points or make fun of posters who are trying to talk about the game. Just get a life. [/quote]

[/quote]Perhaps you get ridiculed because you are ridiculous?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]Bump.[quote user="lake district canary"]You think you are so funny Bor, but you do this after every defeat - try and score points or make fun of posters who are trying to talk about the game. Just get a life. [/quote]

[/quote]Perhaps you get ridiculed because you are ridiculous?[/quote]

So what is your view of the third goal?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]Bump.[quote user="lake district canary"]You think you are so funny Bor, but you do this after every defeat - try and score points or make fun of posters who are trying to talk about the game. Just get a life. [/quote]

[/quote]Perhaps you get ridiculed because you are ridiculous?[/quote]

So what is your view of the third goal?

[/quote]My view, overall is that I am not going to pick holes in the overall performance, or look for scapegoats.We were beaten by one of the best teams in the league, and if we were pushing forward, trying to get back into the game, and got caught out, I''m not going to cry about it, or start knee jerk threads.

Anyway, I think the big issue was that we went 1 goal down and then 2 goals down and chasing the game at 2-0 was always going to be too much with a less than first choice line up.

So to focus on the third goal because we "could have" come back into it is a bit like focusing on closing the proverbial stable door. The game was well past us at 2-0.

A lucid point! See how much better you can do when not wrapoed up in mort.

Too bad he''s too gutless to answer the question other than to say it was quitting time at 2 - 0. Oddly, he said bringing on another striker was the right move. So which is it?

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]A lucid point! See how much better you can do when not wrapoed up in mort.

Too bad he''s too gutless to answer the question other than to say it was quitting time at 2 - 0. Oddly, he said bringing on another striker was the right move. So which is it?[/quote]Errrr I did answer the question.You yanky fuckwit.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Ya, you said you''d already have quit but gave no response to the actual goal. Now who''s the yanky fuckwit![/quote]No, I said this :-My view, overall is that I am not going to pick holes in the overall performance, or look for scapegoats.We

were beaten by one of the best teams in the league, and if we were

pushing forward, trying to get back into the game, and got caught out,

I''m not going to cry about it, or start knee jerk threads.

And the answer is you.

Yeah I think I will go make a sandwich and come back later, when there are less mental people posting.[:|]

Why was the second goal acceptable Lakey? It was a wonderfully composed finish for sure, but Bassong just stood 2 yards off him instead of forcing him wide. If Bassong had pressed then Kane would never have got the shot away. It was quite atrocious defending in my book.
Bassong was the one running away for the 3rd. Bennet couldn''t come across to close the shot as he was covering a runner and it would have left them an easy through ball. It should have been Bassong''s man but he just wasn''t interested in closing it down for some unknown reason.
Not a good day at the office for Seb.

[quote user="kick it off"]Why was the second goal acceptable Lakey? It was a wonderfully composed finish for sure, but Bassong just stood 2 yards off him instead of forcing him wide. If Bassong had pressed then Kane would never have got the shot away. It was quite atrocious defending in my book.
Bassong was the one running away for the 3rd. Bennet couldn''t come across to close the shot as he was covering a runner and it would have left them an easy through ball. It should have been Bassong''s man but he just wasn''t interested in closing it down for some unknown reason.
Not a good day at the office for Seb.
[/quote]

Yes, the second goal wasn''t great, but it was a fantastic finish at that angle and you could understand Seb trying to hold position rather than dive in. That third goal was awful to look at. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="JF"]It''s like a fucking primary school playground on here[/quote]

Yes, you have to feel sorry for those posters who only look to destroy discussion, rather than add to it.

[/quote]Always someone elses fault, isn''t it?And its not discussion you want, you just want people to agree with you.