Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Ian Holloway on Fer

Always thought he was a bit lazy, Ollie just confirms it:

It''s about time Fer pulled his finger out and stepped up to the plate. I''d like to see him affect a game. I want a performance out of him. I want to see him score goals and make more offensive runs. I''ve watched him a few times and he doesn''t do enough to justify how much QPR paid for him. He looked a much better player at Norwich than he does now.

Perhaps life for Fer is not so great in the championship, maybe Holloway is talking up a January sale. A real shame for Fer, he couldnt wait to get away from us quick enough when qpr came knocking. Remind me again how their premier league adventure worked out...

Have, no fear, old Balls Up is only here to ensure Delia has the board in her pocket. Him, Fry and McNally (who wants to protect his annual mega-bonus) gives her nearly all the votes. When it''s one director one vote you need to be sure of the votes.

As far as I could tell Fer had the skill and talent but never worked hard enough for the team, at least not consistently. He very rarely tracks back fast enough and I have watched him on several occasions.

When he was at Norwich, I don''t believe he was played in his best position ie an attacking midfielder or box to box, as I think he could have scored far more goals if he had played further up the pitch.

It''s unlikely any club in the top half of the Premiership would want him unless he shows he is prepared to work much harder. No struggling team would want him unless his price dropped considerably and he wouldn''t be interested in playing for a struggling side. So I feel he is wasted talent.

Expect him to be picked up by ManU for £15M over the jan window as LVG continues his one man demolition of a once great Club with his outrageous transfer/loans policy , inept tactics and ridiculous public demeanor.

Sometime in the past LVG was wronged/snubbed/embarrassed by Man U and he has come to seek revenge.

It is all part of his retirement Plan

[quote user="djc"]Perhaps life for Fer is not so great in the championship, maybe Holloway is talking up a January sale. A real shame for Fer, he couldnt wait to get away from us quick enough when qpr came knocking. Remind me again how their premier league adventure worked out...[/quote]

where did this notion come from?

we sold Fer because we got an offer of over 2x what we paid for him, just a season after we paid it. I don''t recall Fer making statements during the summer such as "I will not play in the championship" or "I will only play for a premier league team"

Nor do I remember him refusing to play for us or any stories of him not showing for practice.

people get all upset because we lost him and we lost Snoddy - we got relegated, we sold players for profit. It happens. Get over it.