Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Relief or Meltdown on here at 5pm

That type of fixture, hope it is the former and we are due a result against Villa who did the business against us under Lambert. A few important fixtures towards the bottom of the table WBA v Newcastle another biggy

What is the general feeling among regular attendees at CR? Is there rumblings against Alex and will a loss today make these much louder?

[quote user="Herman "]What is the general feeling among regular attendees at CR? Is there rumblings against Alex and will a loss today make these much louder? [/quote]I don''t think anyone will like it if we lose today. This is a very good chance to put a bit of daylight between us and the relegation spots.But I believe Alex Neil is here for the long haul, and would like to hope most sensible people feel the same way. Yeah there will be grumbling, but not on a clapper throwing scale.

[quote user="whoareyou"]AN isn''t why we are near the bottom of the League. Its more to do with the lack of Premier League quality players we have.[/quote][Y]

I don''t think there is any rumbling against AN, we do all question some of the line ups and post match performances, but that would be the same for any manager. Yep I was no great lover of AN but he''s done a great job overall and justifies his support from us.

There''s always pressure on managers who don''t get wins in this league but agree we do have one of the weakest squad in terms premiership quality, we were always in for a battle.

I think we''ll have the normal divide should the worst happen today, but I don''t think we''ll lose today, 3-2 to us.

Villa have drawn three of their last four games. So while they''re not exactly making up lost ground, they have stopped losing regularly. Which points to an awkward game for us today.Norwich should win. But they''ll need to have their wits about them to do so. 

Always up for a meltdown but I think we''ll win 3-1 Wes, Redders, Mbokani. Spurs are a good side but we didn''t show the energy that was needed in such on Saturday. Neil will need them fully charged today.

Relief if we win yes, but meltdown if we lose?..why?...disapointment  yes..but not meltdown. There will be 18 games still to play, and actually i for one, can see City losing this one. Villa have been playing better lately and have gotten a fair few decent draws, they are way overdue a win, of course in these situations its a made to order match for Villa, Norwich City the team to play and beat at the right time! Plus ive disliked the last few weeks with so many saying "oh the Villa match...6 pointer..a must win"...to much emphasis  has been placed on this one match for my liking. Its crazy, we could lose this  and yet go on to survive relegation, or we could win today but still get relegated. Only if it was the final fixture of a season and 3 points were needed for survival would it be "must win"As for Alex Neil, even if relegated, he must stay as our manager, for many reasons, the most important imo is that he is simply the best choice. Give him time, allow him to nurture a squad of his own, far to many current players still belong to the Hughton / Lambert era. We have a new chairman, so things constantly change, but please, give us solidity at least in the managers position.

Agree AN should be here for the long haul, but defeat will harden the sceptics. A must win for game for Villa, which might work in our favour. Score first and we should win comfortably providing we battle.Defeat may make it difficult to get real quality in the transfer window, especially some of the potential targets being bandied around.

The relief is palpable, we needed that win and we got it! Two wins out of the last three games is just what we needed to give us a chance of staying up! Transfer window to come so things are looking a bit brighter for us now!

There is certainly an overwhelming sense of relief in my household. While by no means an outstanding performance, it is the result that mattered and I don''t think my worries have ever been more allayed than when Big Dave got his head on Wes''s cross to make it 2-0.A very good three points. Southampton next and hopefully another three points to put a bit of daylight between us and the bottom three.OTBC.

Whilst Villa were no pushover, you can see why they are bottom, they were pretty toothless, and you could say we never put the game out of their reach, but I always felt that it was ours to throw away, rather than Villa''s to take away from us.

Not a classic indeed we will play a lot better and lose but we did deserve to win the game with 2 good goals everything else in between was just scrappy. Huge sense of relief it was all about the points today

Job done. Wasn''t pretty. But the goals had a little bit of quality about them. Something Villa lacked.