Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Mbokani

Terrific header, no messing, no doubt. Yes it was put on his head by a perfect cross, but you still habe to put it away - and there was not even a hint of hesitation or doubt.  Had a good game overall too imo. 

A lot has been made of AN changing the team too often, four changes today, and whilst I appreciate we need to set up differently depending on the opposition, IMO Mbokani should now be the No1 starting CF, playing to his strengths as best we can. Looked really good today and above anything we have seen from the rest of the attacking squad so far.

Dave''s all round game was high quality, he knows his strengths and plays accordingly, he demonstrated today that he is cool in front of goal.

In our last few games (Spurs notwithstanding) it''s been nice to see the forwards in Jerome and Mbokani look positive and finishing well. Hopefully they can both find some form and help keep us up.

Good performance from him.

But Chris Sutton has it spot on. Mbokani is a good option when we have a lot of the ball and can get players around him. Otherwise Jerome is our best option as he actually runs the channels and in behind.

For me Mbokani is Jerome with one difference - finishing quality. Making Mbokani our only premier league striker.

Not hating on Jerome at all. he works his socks off every game and holds the ball up well. but he shows season after season that in the prem he''s a squad player. He''s an unfortunate part of the cliche "Too good for the championship, can''t cut it in the prem." I think he would possibly thrive in the bundeliga, and that''s where I would like to see him end up. He deserves to be a top player for a team in a good league.

Lead the line really well today, took the ball in well, took the fouls when needed and took his goal really well, albeit should have done.

The guy is a beast of a man and as he gets more settled in to playing (hopefully more often) he will become a real handful.

Great defensively in our box I''ll also add.

Been calling for him to play more for a while. Showed exactly what he was about today. If we had some more robust players, I''d love to see both him and Jerome together.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]He''s the cleverest striker we have and probably the best since Holty[/quote]
Most definitely. He''s not Jerome with better finishing, as some would have it; he brings another dimension. Those around him are more used to playing with Jerome so we aren''t seeing the best of him yet. 

[quote user="Bor"][quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]Question is, could he be our Didier Drogba?[/quote]
Similar height and build for sure [Y]
[/quote] That very thing has been said before - and not by me I hasten to add.  Makes you wonder about all the fuss that goes on with comparisons.

[quote user="Bor"][quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]Question is, could he be our Didier Drogba?[/quote]
[/quote]
He''s as talented as Didier, as a Premier League striker, he has to be.
It''s all about mental strength and experience. He''s catching Drogba up fast though, make no mistake.

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]Question is, could he be our Didier Drogba?[/quote]
If you mean could he develop into a highly effective and talismanic figure in our team the answer is, possibly yes. But he obviously lacks several of Drogba''s virtues. I''d say he is more Ibrahimovic than Drogba.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Bor"][quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]Question is, could he be our Didier Drogba?[/quote]
[/quote]
He''s as talented as Didier, as a Premier League striker, he has to be.
It''s all about mental strength and experience. He''s catching Drogba up fast though, make no mistake.
[/quote]
Yeah, I mean I wasn''t comparing the two.  I was just saying he could be our Didier Drogba.

Mbokani is our best striker.

We have to remember he''s on loan and 30 now too (I think). If he keeps sticking them away he may see us as a last chance for a permanent move in the summer which might massively work in our favour.

Now, spend a few million on a striker who can do the running and we open up a few possibilities...

A very good all round performance today. Held the ball up well, good control and a very tidy finish. Also knows how to win a free kick

Likewise i''d like to see him play up front with CJ and for us to play on the front foot, wouldn''t it be nice to for a change to put some fear into the opposition on occasions, it''s working for Watford why not us?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Mbokani is our best striker.

We have to remember he''s on loan and 30 now too (I think). If he keeps sticking them away he may see us as a last chance for a permanent move in the summer which might massively work in our favour.

Now, spend a few million on a striker who can do the running and we open up a few possibilities...[/quote]

Why people think Mbokani doesn''t have a work rate or run the channels is well beyond me. He''s EVERYWHERE when he''s on the field, this idea he isn''t is astounding. Almost as astounding as Ryan Bennett wasn''t the one running away from Thom Carroll on the 3rd goal.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]He reminds me of Hooper[/quote][:D]Don''t start the fecker off.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]He reminds me of Hooper[/quote][:D]Don''t start the fecker off.[/quote]

I enjoyed both of these!