Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Match thread v Villa

Glad I''m not the only one seeing the class that Mbokani is showing today. he deserves a goal today, hopefully he''ll get it.

I wouldn''t call hoolahan poor, I''d say we havent done enough to get him involved.

Will agree Dorrans has been poor. not showing his early season promise and would like to see Ofoe on for him.

And howson!!!! just on target and that has a chance for 2-0

We are playing the worst team in the league and again many of our players are showing why they were in the league below last season.

We need to put villa to bed. We are trying to stroll to the end of the game. Very uninspiring and a fair few of these players can feel they have a lot to prove this season. With any new additions they can be squad players.

Give mbokani the ball in quality areas, we really do not give our strikers a chance.

Villa making the changes and making the changes dictating the pace and direction of the game.

Can we make a change to put our foot on this game and take an attacking impetus into other games. Nothing creative at all

We made it ruddy hard today...

We need to improve but a great 3 points. We need players and quality, we also need tactics that allow us to push. Disappointing performance but a result.

A lot of griping on here, but think about it. Other than those 2 big first half saves bt Rudd, Villa hasn''t come close to scoring.

And a clean sheet.

And another win without scoring 3.

And we''re well up the table depending on other results.

Not really gripping, just saying it as it is. We were poor & several players had poor games.Delighted with the 3 points though and playing poorly but winning is always a bonus

G the g for me we are 3 points out of the relegation zone and looking like a team that has not yet found an identity or a settled group.

Hoping we can get Jarvis back and add some flair as we have a lot of coasters in this team who are not doing enough to win games.

We won a big six pointer by converting 2 of our 4 chances. It is the worst team in the league and it would have been nice to be playing on the front foot a lot more.

But key is staying in this league, currently we are picking up the odd points and half the season to go.

From today 17th is still a big ask with the quality we have. Roll on the window opening.

A crucial win. Yes we made hard work of it second half, but we were deserved winners. Good goals as well. My stream froze just as the melee started so missed that fun and games.M''Bok man of the match. A right handful all game.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Not really gripping, just saying it as it is. We were poor & several players had poor games.Delighted with the 3 points though and playing poorly but winning is always a bonus[/quote]

This^^^You can only beat what is put in front of you and as poor as we definitely were at passing and decision making, we won and that is all that matters.

It''s a good result and I''m not complaining, but we made it hard work for ourselves.

few places up the table, which is great. I''m more looking at the points end of the table rather than the position side.

3 points clear of the relegation zone. but three tough fixtures coming up in soton, stoke and bournemouth, with a man city fa cup tie inbetween. I think most of us on here would of snatched at 6 points from the past 9 available if offered to us before the run, and I''d love to see something similar again.

Hopefully we have a few new faces in by the time we see stoke.

Hopefully a few new faces

I also take back everything I said on a different thread the other day. Love Brady at left back. much more of that, please.

my god villa are bad, take them a miracle to stay upin all fairness we werent much better for 40 minutes of the second half either, some of the worst football ive seen for a long time from both teamsdelighted with the 3 points though, massive win, same again next time out

Not our best performance but grinding out home wins like this might well keep us up. Villa were very poor in the final third and hence they are where they are. Will take the points gladly!

OTBC

Grinding out a win sounds a good assessment of today''s game. Performance doesn''t matter, the 3 points does!

A win is a win doesn''t matter how they come.

6 points out of 9 over christmas is better than many would have expected. Myself included.

Villa wont win another league game this season.

Not pretty, but as someone pointed out earlier, we restricted their chances, and took ours. De Gea, sorry, Rudd was excellent. Confidence growing with experience.

No wasn''t pretty, but never really under threat either, if we had got the 2nd goal before half time they would have folded, looked totally lacking confidence all over the park. OTBC, well done Alex had the plan right today,

Crucial 3 points today and if we were to manage to take 3 against Southampton the things will be looking very good. Poor game but the 3 points is all that matters. Villa are gone and good riddance, hope they fall through the leagues. Their forums make hilarious reading tonight. Still arrogant till the end