Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Match thread v Villa

TEAM: Rudd; Martin (c), Bennett, Bassong, Brady; Tettey, Howson, Dorrans, Hoolahan; Redmond, Mbokani.SUBS: Ruddy (GK), Whittaker, Jerome, Lafferty, Olsson, O''Neil, Odjidja

I was hoping to see O''Neil back in the team. Dorrans and Howson have to play at their absolute best.

VOO can also feel hard done by, but must be a sub brought on.

Players should be up for this game, so the guys in the middle who def have question marks over their performances need to prove it today.

Yes dropping Voo at the expense of Howson again is harsh. Surely if O''neil is fit enough to be on the bench, he should be in the starting 11!

No sign of Grabban again even on the bench!

I do feel if mbokani gets the service he can score so I hope he gets the chances today.

Cannot remember the last player to score two goals in a premiership fixture for NcFC, but I think mbokani is that type of player.

Anyone know the last player to get a hat trick?

Ekoku at Everton, Sutton? I remember one of the best hat tricks I saw by a NcFC player at Oldham in the first season in the prem with the best technically gifted forward I have seen mark robins.

Oh for a player to be the headline story of a Norwich player rather than Man U were not at the races and Swansea have troubles.

I''d ask if Olssen was injured, but then he wouldn''t be on the bench.

Redmond on the left, Howson on the right?????

Think Olsson has been a bit of a liabilty last few games & Brady is about the only alternative we haveJerome did an awful lot of running on Saturday so time for Mbokani to step up to the plate.Voo looked knackered long before he was subed on Saturday as did Mulumbu.Not sure about Dorrans but happy with the restMight even see Lafferty later on

Had a sneaking feeling Laffs might get a starting berth, and get us a couple of goals, but hey!

Perhaps he''ll come on when we''re 3 up with 30mins to play!

Just been on the Villa forums. Seems they were quite confident of a draw or even a win until the teams came out. Seems most of the players they want playing are on the bench and expect us to win now.

Perfectly reasonable team selection. Olsson was poor against Spurs and the ones who have come in were rested. Let''s just hope it''s more mbokani than mbokanti today. Like to have seen o''neil even if just for his good organisation skills.

Surprised Odjidja isn''t in the starting line up as I think he offers more than both Dorrans and Howson do.

I''m worried the pace of Villas forwards will be too much for our defence but hope we can hit the back of the net more than Villa.

Sad to say but Rudd is keeping us in this one so far with some big saves.

We''re far more open but seem to be panicked when we get to the final 1/3 and take unnecessary shots rather than organize and allow Hoolahan to set things up.

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]The worst is definitely Dorrans; having a mare.[/quote]Agree, he never passes the ball forwards - time & time again we get in their half, the ball comes to Dorrans & it''s back with Rudd.

Bit harsh on Dorrans to be fair, KK. Him and Hooli are doing ok. Both doing good and bad things.

Sorry to say I am relying on bbc online and tv service.

Both highlight a very uninspiring game. AN needs to lift this group to take villa. That second goal will kill then off, I was hoping we would put them under pressure but I feel we haven''t.

A performance that warrants our league position. We have 45 minutes to win 3 points and then we can begin to hope that work off the field brings in another player ASAP. We need aome new spark.

[quote user="Herman "]M''Bok is getting himself around a bit.[/quote]

He certainly is, control is excellent and only offside the once I think😄

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"][quote user="Herman "]M''Bok is getting himself around a bit.[/quote]

He certainly is, control is excellent and only offside the once I think😄[/quote]A good pacey striker alongside him wouldn''t go amiss.

Before the goal we were feckin'' AWFUL. Any other team would have marmalised us. Best players IMO have been Bennett, Rudd & Mbokani, who is sheer class. If we can use him properly he''ll score a lot of goals.

Can''t agree about Wes I''m afraid. Keeps turning into trouble.