Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

How long has Alex Neil got left before he gets the push?

[quote user="9Зvintage"]The problem isn''t the manager, so why sack him? The problem is clearly a weak board which hasn''t been following a long term strategy. It''s been one short term decision after another, soundbites and hot air, with little sign of a long term direction.The board needs to stop implementing short term fixes in a futile attempt to escape from reality. They need to swallow some bitter pills for the long term health of the club. Our strategy hasn''t delivered, so we need a rethink rather than carrying on as before.We''re in this mess largely because of spending big money in the past, hence more of the same doesn''t look like a convincing solution.[/quote]So the short-term fix that actually wasn''t futile that saw us promoted out of League One was a bad idea. The short-term fix  that again actually wasn''t futile that then saw us promoted out of the Championship was a bad idea. And the short-term fix that again wasn''t actually futile that saw us promoted out of the Championship at Wembley was a bad idea. It is lucky there are some apparently some vacancies in the boardroom to be filled because I suspect none of the current directors has your clarity of vison to see those apparent successes for the disasters they really were. You certainly have my vote.

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Dead what about Watford, first half Everton all the game against Newcastle and so on and so on[/quote]

So you agree that second half against Everton they were playing for the manager so the most recent evidence proves you are wrong.

This squad of players, from hughton on, has ALWAYS been inconsistent. Games of two halves are their stock in trade - you can get away with that in the championshipbut not the prem

I cannot take anyone seriously who thinks our current plight is a) the manager’s fault or b) thinks our fortunes would improve if we sacked him.

It should be clear to anyone with an ounce of intelligence that our problems are primarily because the Board made a complete and utter balls of the summer transfer window.

We appointed a ‘football management board’ to oversee signings and our transfer policy. Therefore, you need look no further than this ‘footballing board’ when seeking to apportion blame.

During the summer, we penny pinched. We made ludicrously low and insulting offers for our prime targets (i.e. Brady) which is backed up by Steve Bruce labelling our negotiations embarrassing. We left it to the 11th hour of the transfer window by trying to sign Dwight Gayle a couple of hours before the transfer window closed. And these are just the examples that we know about.

There is no disputing the fact that AN is relatively inexperienced. However, he has been badly let down by the Board who seem to be living in the past as far as players’ values and wages are concerned.

The simple facts are, AN has done his bit and has dragged the club into the Premiership by its boot straps. I sincerely hope the Board do their bit in the January transfer window.

We have an exceptional manager in the making. He’s incredibly impressive and is learning fast – as performances against Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton all demonstrate.

Regardless of which league we’re playing in next season, I would give Alex Neil until at least next Christmas to build his own squad. Sack the footballing board and let AN show us what he can do.

I am surprised this is up for discussion, and I would hope it hasn''t even entered the minds of the board.

AN has all the attributes of becoming a successful manager in the long term, and long may he remain at NCFC.

It would be refreshing if, even were Norwich to be relegated, the Board showed him some faith and loyalty, and considered resigning long before sacking the manager.

Pod I don''t think again Newcastle, Watford or the first half at Everton you can accuse them of not playing for the manager. You could accuse the manager of making some mistakes in those or the players of bot having enough quality but the effort and endeavour was always there and the team fought to the end to try and get something in all those games. You also miss all the games in between those where they were playing for him. As you say yourself the season needs to be looked at as a whole.

Fickle is a word invented for the posters on this board. AN''s doing a decent job with what is basically a squad that wasn''t good enough to win automatic promotion from the championship with the only notable addition being Brady.

Spend £20m on a CB & CF and we''ll be ok. If we don''t, we''ll go down. If the worst happens, I''d rather have AN in charge next season than anyone currently featuring on Swansea''s list

[quote user="Canary World "]We are in the relegation zone playing poor football he has to go and immediately[/quote]Do we just get the one go at naming who you would want to replace AN then Waveney ?

Our football is so poor we have drawn against Arsenal and Everton in our last 2 home games-teams with vastly superior squads and resources.

Poor would be those teams hammering us 5-0.

When I look at this message board I do sometimes have to remember that Wembley was only 18 matches ago.

[quote user="ricardo"]Even if we are relegated I expect him to be here next season.[/quote]
Seconded.
He shows tactical acumen and the ability to mix things up, and has kept motivation high in a squad which is being heavily rotated.  I like him more than Lambert, to be honest, as I think he''ll reciprocate our loyalty.

[quote user="priceyrice"]I agree with the Ghost and would back him until the end of the season. The board needs to take a major bulk of the blame for the disasterours summer.

I have issues with AN''s team selections and the exclusion of certain players such as Bennett, Mulumbu and Mbokani for the majority of the season but he does have the players backing and we seriously lack quality. I also think he''s got it wrong with Hooper, although he obviously doesn''t train well he has proven he can score at any level, unlike the rest of our strikers. We are also missing Johnson''s tenacity but I don''t know who is responsible for that sale.[/quote]

Are you SERIOUSLY blaming AN for Mulumbu''s injury?

Neil should stay for years.

Let''s give him time to hone his craft to our benefit.

We won''t go down due to his errors we''ll go down because we are fielding a Championship squad at a Premier challenge. The challenge is now ever harder with mid table sides able to build deep and highly talented squads.

Until we find a way to put £13m-£15m down for players we need we will forever yo yo at best.

Change the manager every year if you like but we won''t get any better!

We are in the toughest league in the world and surely nobody thought it would be easy! Yes, like most of us I am concerned with our league position but to suggest we get rid of a very impressive and potentially great manager is ridiculous, I reckon many of those making stupid statements are binners trying to wind us up.

if we lose the next 3 games he has to go in my eyes

he did really well last year but I don''t think he has any of our squad playing above their level ( holt & lambert )

any manager would be under pressure with our form I personally would like a stable manager but he has to get results

I thought he has lost the players 1st half against everton we were that bad ,then 2nd half we played really well

that''s how I feel myself 1st half everton I see his faults and think he is way out of his depth

2nd half everton shows why many want to keep him

I hope he stays for a few years. If we went down I would give him at least two more seasons - he deserves our loyalty. Last season and that Wembley win buys him a lot of time in my book.

Looks like he''s here for a bit longer then lads, I wonder if Wiz has flip flopped yet and where Lardy Boy Waveney et al are today?

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Looks like he''s here for a bit longer then lads, I wonder if Wiz has flip flopped yet and where Lardy Boy Waveney et al are today?[/quote]
[:D]

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Looks like he''s here for a bit longer then lads, I wonder if Wiz has flip flopped yet and where Lardy Boy Waveney et al are today?[/quote]No surprises but Wiz flipped his flop after the United win[:|]

I''m not quite sure why, (probably not much to do at the moment), but I have just read four pages consisting of posts by trolling scummers with responses to trolling scummers. Two questions:-

1) Why bother?

2) What is the point?