Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Whose fans were shouting -

Obvious it was City fans, and why notVilla fans were chanting for Lambert a few seasons back.They got him but he didn''t do them much goodDebt repaid with interest

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Captain Canary"]What a chant what a man what a win[/quote]What a plonker.

[/quote]

At the game today of course you weren''t silly me

How can you call yourself a City fan and not know who was singing (or why they were singing) "There''s only one Paul Lambert."

Embarrassed for you.

And before you start with the excuses, I live in Leeds and wasn''t at the game today either. Not was I watching a stream.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]How can you call yourself a City fan and not know who was singing (or why they were singing) "There''s only one Paul Lambert."

Embarrassed for you.

And before you start with the excuses, I live in Leeds and wasn''t at the game today either. Not was I watching a stream.[/quote]Fair enough. Don''t be embarrased though, because I''m not. I asked the question and got the answer, job done.

Just back from the game to have a gander on here and I see one of the most embarrassing threads for well, a few days at least.

What a plonker.

I was joining in with my section of the crowd singing; "where''s Paul Lambert now?" which was fun. Although it was a poor game today, the atmosphere was better than normal.

[quote user="lake district canary"]"There''s only one Paul Lambert" throughout the game? Can''t see any reason for either sets of fans chanting that, whether ironically or otherwise. [/quote]
I would imagine the Norwich fans were chanting this to wind up the Villa fans who chanted it at the Norwich fans just before Lambert left Norwich to join Villa.  The Villa fans were no doubt thinking at the time that Lambert would take Villa to a higher premier league position than they had achieved for some time and were glorying in the perceived demise of their opposition.
While they were right to an extent, in that Houghton was an abject failure in terms of style and spirit, Lambert failed to do what the Villa fans had predicted he would do.  Therefore I would speculate that today the Norwich fans were singing "There''s Only One Paul Lambert" to mock the Villa fans as he had singularly failed to achieve what they had hoped.
Can I help you with anything else?

For a long time LDC spent much of his week defending the appointment and continuing perseverance with Neil Adams (as manager). Since those days he regularly treats us to his insightful footballing opinions on here.

That he has to ask who the chants were coming from and what they meant, says so much about him. His subsequent post saying that he is in no way ashamed at needing to ask, well that will confirm your earlier thoughts were spot on.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]For a long time LDC spent much of his week defending the appointment and continuing perseverance with Neil Adams (as manager). Since those days he regularly treats us to his insightful footballing opinions on here.

That he has to ask who the chants were coming from and what they meant, says so much about him. His subsequent post saying that he is in no way ashamed at needing to ask, well that will confirm your earlier thoughts were spot on.[/quote]

?? I supported Hughton, I supported Adams, I support Neil. Is that so strange?  Managers need support as much as the players do.  I also criticised the two ex-managers when I saw fit to, which people never seem to have taken any notice of. People see what they want to see.  Whilst well aware of the Villa fans chanting at the end of the Lambert season, watching online today I couldn''t quite work out if the singing was ironic, who was doing it and why.  It turns out according to Dead Canary that both sets of fans were doing it in some kind of banter.   The question was asked, it has been answered. The rest is b*ll*x.

[quote user="morty"]Great thread[Y]Wasn''t the sound very good on your stream?[/quote]This tends to suggest even a stream was unavailable yesterday. [:P]

Re: Ricardo''s report v Villa

Thanks as always Ricardo.  Should think it was a tough

watch, but the second goal must have been worth waiting for, as with

Rudd''s save at the end.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]Great thread[Y]Wasn''t the sound very good on your stream?[/quote]This tends to suggest even a stream was unavailable yesterday. [:P]

Re: Ricardo''s report v Villa

Thanks as always Ricardo.  Should think it was a tough

watch, but the second goal must have been worth waiting for, as with

Rudd''s save at the end.
[/quote]

I watched it on a fairly poor stream, the sound was not great either, but I kept hearing Paul Lambert''s name.  Thanks for the people that clarified who, when and where it was coming from, which apparently was from different sets of fans at different times, so not as obvious as being just our fans.  Btw - the referral to "a tough watch" is clearly  "a tough watch" as in if you were there live.PS - Barclay 48/49 the 3rd.....do get a life.