Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Top marks Declan Rudd......

So pleased to see Declan Rudd have a much deserved clean sheet today, looking more confident every game, didn''t have a lot to do today, but made everything look comfortable, looking really good, and well done AN in having the balls to drop Ruddy.

Said to my lad midway through the second half,"Rudd, awesome"! He is playing really well although his kicking could be improved. Agree, AN made the right choice!

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Agree on the kicking Ron, but do love the way he gets out to clear things up around the edge of his box, very quick decision making, and getting right almost always.[/quote]

Indeed. Looked confident and every inch a premier league goalkeeper.

So this leaves the question of where and when will Ruddy be going? I''ve heard he hasn''t taken being dropped from the team very well and clearly isn''t going to hang around on the bench.

[quote user="JF"]So this leaves the question of where and when will Ruddy be going? I''ve heard he hasn''t taken being dropped from the team very well and clearly isn''t going to hang around on the bench.[/quote]If that is true, that is his problem to deal with.  You would expect him to be disappointed, but you would also expect him to be professionl and fight to get his place back, not look to run away to another club.  Footballers are thick skinned - or should be.  He has to be patient, just like Rudd has had to be.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="JF"]So this leaves the question of where and when will Ruddy be going? I''ve heard he hasn''t taken being dropped from the team very well and clearly isn''t going to hang around on the bench.[/quote]If that is true, that is his problem to deal with.  You would expect him to be disappointed, but you would also expect him to be professionl and fight to get his place back, not look to run away to another club.  Footballers are thick skinned - or should be.  He has to be patient, just like Rudd has had to be.[/quote]I can only think Ruddy needs to drop down a division if he wants regular first team football. But his wages might mean that he''s here a while longer sitting on the bench.Rudd''s doing very well, better than many expected. When I saw him spring to his feet against Tottenham I could only think that Ruddy would have struggled to get up nearly as quick.

Another solid performance from Rudd today.  Earned his clean sheet with two good blocks in the first half when the defence were looking nervous and then a great save at the end.

Had Rudd been brought in earlier we would be in the top 10 now.

Nice to see him come for corners

Pleased for Rudd. Seems to get better every game.

But I''m a tad suprised that some aren''t impressed with his kicking.

I think he kicks well. Even under pressure. The kicks are generally long. Don''t remember one going into touch today.

Not sure what you expect ?. A bit of golfers backspin maybe. Or some Shane Warne leg spin ?.

I''ve seen them all, from Ken Nethercott onwards. And we''ve not exactly covered ourselves in glory in that dept.

Have you seen Ruddy''s kicking ? Robert Green ?

Andy Marshall ?. Rudd looks pretty useful to me.

Was really pleased for the lad today, his confidence is growing in every game.

The point about Ruddy not taking his demotion well, makes wonder if anyone else has noticed that when the keepers come out to warm up, Ruddy didn''t seem to want to acknowledge the Norwich fans who applauded them on the pitch, i saw it first hand at Man Utd and Spurs, my wife reckons was same today (i was inside watching Bolton), anyone else seen that? not very professional if true, in fact hope reading too much into it.

Rudd is doing alright, I don''t think we''re missing Ruddy.

But I''m not convinced Rudd is the answer long term.

Rudd has done well and today his kicking was actually pretty good.

To say you''re not convinced he is a long term answer is a bit short sighted in my opinion. He has only had a few prem games and has generally improved upon his first game. We will see.

Several times he passed to defenders so we could work the ball up the field, rather than hoof it 2/3. of the way and hope one of our guys got control, a strategy that has a 50% chance of working.

Rudd has done ok - I don''t think he made any particularly amazing saves today, but did what was asked of him and his distribution was good. Can''t really say fairer than that.

I don''t agree about Ruddy, he seemed fine at the half-time warm-up. I guess you see what you want to see in these things!

[quote user="Mind the gap"]Pleased for Rudd. Seems to get better every game.

But I''m a tad suprised that some aren''t impressed with his kicking.

I think he kicks well. Even under pressure. The kicks are generally long. Don''t remember one going into touch today.

Not sure what you expect ?. A bit of golfers backspin maybe. Or some Shane Warne leg spin ?.

I''ve seen them all, from Ken Nethercott onwards.
And we''ve not exactly covered ourselves in glory in that dept.

Have you seen Ruddy''s kicking ? Robert Green ?

Andy Marshall ?. Rudd looks pretty useful to me.[/quote]Keelan''s left-hook could send an opposing centre-forward flying further than Rudd can kick a ball. I blame the end of national service.

Only slight criticism is that I''d like to see him catch the ball a bit more, instead of making "hollywood" turns round the post.Technically it matter not though really.

[quote user="morty"]Only slight criticism is that I''d like to see him catch the ball a bit more, instead of making "hollywood" turns round the post.Technically it matter not though really.[/quote]
Think it''s a case of him playing it safe at the moment. Which is understandable. I agree he needs to try and hold things more as he plays more.

ruddy might not like it much but how can he complain rudd is playing better

I am impressed how rudd quickly gets down then back up on his feet ,

ruddy gets down like a felled oak tree

DR is settling in nicely, but there is still a small amount of hesitation between him and the defence, this should improve with playing time. Like he''s quickness once he''s made a decision to come for a ball.

He''s not the finished item yet but he''s certainly not letting anybody down whilst developing.

Two different keepers but overall i prefer Rudd who is far more athletic,commands his area better and def distributes the ball quickly,in fact it was refreshing to see him throw the ball long for Brady to run onto,