Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Ed Balls/Robert Chase

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"]Purple, you mislead again I said Watling wrote off his loan! But you do what you do best pick a line to suite your attack[/quote]Indy, you are right. In haste I misread one name for another, because the thread was all about comparing Smith and Jones and Chase. It was a simple mistake. I wasn''t trying to mislead anyone. You are welcome to think it was part of some kind of campaign against you, but it really wasn''t, and there is no such campaign.[/quote]

See Purple, I''m no lover of Chase but I''m also no great lover of DS either as some are on here.

Now Watling was a true gent and legend for our club.

Both DS and Chase have done some good for this club no doubt and Chase certainly lost the plot through some poor leadership, choices and missmanagement in the end.

Something at times could be thrown at DS over the last 18 years.

I''ll leave it at that.

[quote user="Indy"]He was on the board and elected Chairman in 85, so did oversee us win the cup. But heck just because he wasn''t chairman fine![/quote]Poor comeback that Indy as you know full well you were indicating he was chairman in your original post.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"]Yes, but funny that the cooks love in wont recognise Watlings contribution during the early years, his true love which he writ off his money to the club and not turned it into £30 share value.

It''s great to give DS credit for what she''s done, in reality, turned her loans into majority share of a club worth in excess of 100 million, no doubt and until the time comes that DS & MWJ step down without selling the club for huge profit, it''s all talk.

Funny that Bowkett came on board to sort out and shore up the club in our deepest crises since Chase yet you guys won''t ever accept it.

Sorry but Chase oversaw us win a trophy in 85, Europe and top flight football to mention some good things.

Funny but both Chase and DS have done some great things for the club and over seen some pretty unsavoury times too. Part and parcel of running a football club.

40 years of following Norwich and it''s never been smooth sailing behind the scenes.[/quote]Did Chase write off money he was owed? It may be so but I don''t offhand remember it being said before. He certainly didn''t write off his shares, because he sold them (or most of them) to Watling.[/quote]

No. He wouldn''t go until he got everything. Including the salary he reckoned he was owed after appointing himself CE. He walked away with £83,670 in salary and expenses for the first five months

of that last year. And received £137,040 "compensation for loss of office". Let alone the contents of Watling''s wallet.....

[/quote]Thanks, nutty. As you see I had got the wrong end of the stick, but I thought that was the case as far as Chase was concerned.

Of course he was Tilly. And all this Watling saviour stuff doesn''t fit with the dogs abuse he got when he was chairman. Far worse than anything that''s ever been directed at the cook. Probably only big fat Boy was shown more hatred.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Of course he was Tilly. And all this Watling saviour stuff doesn''t fit with the dogs abuse he got when he was chairman. Far worse than anything that''s ever been directed at the cook. Probably only big fat Boy was shown more hatred.[/quote]He got his come uppence as ''er indoors told me when i got in from Spurs that he was killed off last night in Eastenders. [:D]

I do question some of you about DS from 97 through to our relegation to the third division, to th financial meltdown, the appointments such as Doncaster...to mention a few points.

Heck I knew Chase when he was elected to the board and when he came to Chairmanship, unlike you Nutty, I don''t care to gloss over certain times in our boards running of this club.

You have your one sided views I see a different view where you old boy.

Again you carry on having a dig fine by me.....see your boys are out tonight to help your digs.

Please can you boys bear in mind that Mr Chase was both chairman and Chief Ex and so far as I can recall he was the boss when we achieved our highest finish in the Premiership plus our most successful spell in Europe. He had a large impact in creating a great team by wheeler dealing in the transfer market which is what it is all about these days. He was shrewd and certainly did not sanction ridiculous amounts of money for journeymen who were one year wonders of for that matter modern two week wonders. He did incur a bit of debt which was peanuts compared with a few years ago. I seem to recall he made a few judicious land purchases for the club rather than for his own personal advantages. For doing two jobs it is quoted his salary for 5 months was around £85 k. McNally on the other hand has been paid £1.2 million on each of the last two seasons and yes I understand the word inflation. Like Chase we have been relegated in his tenure of office. For someone to refer to Chase as a crook is total nonsense. Compared to many in the game these days you could virtually say he is whiter than white !!

The appointment of Ed Balls means two things. We are not to be taken over by some obscure crooked money men and David McNally will more or less have total power.

Come on boys admit. Robert Chase did a hell of a lot good for our Club. Let''s be havin you !!!

So I have one-sided views? I will back my views with facts Indy. You make stuff up to support your views. This is why none of your views ever have any credence. If I made stuff up to support mine you may have a point. If you really have supported the club 40 years why do you do it?

VOS, ultimately Chase did more harm than good. He was extremely fortunate to follow Watling and South and ultimately left the club a country me away from the position he I herited.

No ones denying the successes. Unfortunately they were not part of the club he handed on.

here you go again.......swerve, attack and sidetrack, no we never got relegated, we never had a massive debt in 2009, DS hasn''t turned low loans into majority share holding of this club.

I''m done with you again for tonight, no debating but attacking to make your normal pro DS stance.

Nighty nighty nutty......can''t be arsed with you again!

Indy can i suggest you read MJW chapter in the book Tales From The City where he outlines how Delia & he became majority shareholders. It surrounds the share issues during their time on the board and how they thought major players would take up the offer which failed to materialise.Read it and your slant on them turning loans into shares takes on a whole new meaning. Mick Dennis wrote the book so it must be true.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So I have one-sided views? I will back my views with facts Indy. You make stuff up to support your views. This is why none of your views ever have any credence. If I made stuff up to support mine you may have a point. If you really have supported the club 40 years why do you do it?[/quote]It appears that anyone who doesn''t agree with you is just making stuff up.

No. Both you and Indy make stuff up to attack the club. There are no others on here doing that. You both then get all precious and abusive when I point that out. I don''t need to respond in kind because I have nothing to cover up.

Indy has cleared off on yet another hissy fit because he''s not got away with it. True to past form you''ll probably follow him.

For the record I''ve made one comment about Ed Balls tonight. And that was to say it will be interesting to see what happens next.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Indy can i suggest you read MJW chapter in the book Tales From The City where he outlines how Delia & he became majority shareholders. It surrounds the share issues during their time on the board and how they thought major players would take up the offer which failed to materialise.Read it and your slant on them turning loans into shares takes on a whole new meaning. Mick Dennis wrote the book so it must be true.[/quote]

I''ll take a look, see what Dennis has written.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]No. Both you and Indy make stuff up to attack the club. There are no others on here doing that. You both then get all precious and abusive when I point that out. I don''t need to respond in kind because I have nothing to cover up.

Indy has cleared off on yet another hissy fit because he''s not got away with it. True to past form you''ll probably follow him.

For the record I''ve made one comment about Ed Balls tonight. And that was to say it will be interesting to see what happens next.[/quote]Untrue Nuts. You''re just making things up because it suits your "Delia can do no wrong" agenda. And frankly you sanctimonious "I know better than everyone what the truth is" attitude is getting a little staid and worn old boy. And the thing that I find most amusing about it is you actually don''t have a clue what goes on in the inner workings at the club, but state your opinion as if it were fact. Which, following on from the words highlighted in red, make you a hypocrite.Cue blathering retort about personal attacks, Delia being great and you knowing best............

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Just run that one about Ricky Martin and Josh Murphy past me one more time toe....[/quote]You''ll have to speak up I can''t hear you over the hypocrisy.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Just run that one about Ricky Martin and Josh Murphy past me one more time toe....[/quote]You''ll have to speak up I can''t hear you over the hypocrisy.

[/quote]Oh and it''s Mr Toe to you.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Bor"]Does IBT have IBS?[/quote]

Irritated by Balls Syndrone?

[/quote]Yes I do, and it stands for Irritated by Bor Syndrome

Glad to hear it isn''t "I Believe Someone who doesn''t know the first thing about what he''s talking about but I''ll post his mendacious and libellous rumours here anyway because I have no mind of my own"

[quote user="Bor"]Glad to hear it isn''t "I Believe Someone who doesn''t know the first thing about what he''s talking about but I''ll post his mendacious and libellous rumours here anyway because I have no mind of my own"
[/quote]Who is this person that doesn''t know the first thing about what they''re talking about? I want names oh omnipotent one.Also, I''ll try and explain it slowly. It''s.....not......libel....if.....it.....is.....true.

Its Tories who sell all the Country''s assests for a song

If you love the Blue side so much why don''t you fuck off down the A140

Or should we model ourselves on the Cameron/Osborne model and sell of Carrow Road and have a serries of hosptiality boxes instead of seats

I shall try to spell it out very slowly. You do not know if something is true unless you are suitably qualified and have studied all the documents and interviewed all the relevant parties. That is why we have the legal system rather than trial by Internet with no evidence. Someone would have to be very unwise to make claims which they can not prove. Being told something by people who may have their own agenda is not proof and does not make something true.

Put me down for one fed up with the piss tank I sit next to who spends half the game going to the toilet.

PS How long before McNally has Balls in his hands

McNally the reason Bowkett resigned after the bust up in the Watford Board Room.

Seems troubles follow the McNally family

Have no idea if this is true or just idle gossip but was told today at the ground that Balls coming in (oo er!) is the first step of some new investment coming into the club that should enable us to compete for a better quality of player at this level. No facts in this what so ever and have no reason to believe it or not. Hope so though obviously.