Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Ed Balls/Robert Chase

Sounds like we''ll have the mounted police out in force again before long.

Selling all the club/country''s assets, squandering the income on plugging holes in the balance sheet and then selling whatever was left to send the club/country into the second tier?

Dearie me.

Think you''ll find McNally is more the Chase model.

Remember his famous "if we get relegated i''ll leave" interview with Goreham?

Chase the Balls right out of City......

Chase did some good things which should not go without saying.

[quote user="Indy"]Chase the Balls right out of City......

Chase did some good things which should not go without saying.[/quote]Whilst he was a crook, Bob the builder did oversee many of the most successful years the club has ever known. He could also never be called incompetent. A lying, thieving, swindling toe-rag yes, but at least he knew what he was doing.

IBT without doubt, you''re right but he also was astute enough to purchase land for the club which helped the finances.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="Indy"]Chase the Balls right out of City......

Chase did some good things which should not go without saying.[/quote]Whilst he was a crook, Bob the builder did oversee many of the most successful years the club has ever known. He could also never be called incompetent. A lying, thieving, swindling toe-rag yes, but at least he knew what he was doing.

[/quote]Oh.You have a time machine and already know what sort of job Ed makes of this?[:(]

[quote user="Indy"]IBT without doubt, you''re right but he also was astute enough to purchase land for the club which helped the finances.[/quote]OR........Buying the land put the club in debt.........

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Indy"]IBT without doubt, you''re right but he also was astute enough to purchase land for the club which helped the finances.[/quote]OR........Buying the land put the club in debt.........[/quote]Yeah i mean borrowing money with short term unsecured loans set us up nicely in the middle nineties......not !

Yeh cause it wasn''t the explosion of costs, player wage demands or the requirement to upgrade the facilities.....I''m never going to defend Chase, he was never whiter than white and has to go for the good of the club but he has to be credited with some things.

Still people will have their own opinions as we all should leads to healthy debating.

I expect the people making lame excuses for big fat Bob will be first to recognise the nightmare seasons of widespread administration since the mid nineties that have been safely negotiated by "the cook and her cohorts"....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I expect the people making lame excuses for big fat Bob will be first to recognise the nightmare seasons of widespread administration since the mid nineties that have been safely negotiated by "the cook and her cohorts"....[/quote]NIGEL IN BLINDLY DEFENDING DELIA SHOCKERI swear, they could have appointed Hermann Goring and Nigel would have defended the decision.

Yes, but funny that the cooks love in wont recognise Watlings contribution during the early years, his true love which he writ off his money to the club and not turned it into £30 share value.

It''s great to give DS credit for what she''s done, in reality, turned her loans into majority share of a club worth in excess of 100 million, no doubt and until the time comes that DS & MWJ step down without selling the club for huge profit, it''s all talk.

Funny that Bowkett came on board to sort out and shore up the club in our deepest crises since Chase yet you guys won''t ever accept it.

Sorry but Chase oversaw us win a trophy in 85, Europe and top flight football to mention some good things.

Funny but both Chase and DS have done some great things for the club and over seen some pretty unsavoury times too. Part and parcel of running a football club.

40 years of following Norwich and it''s never been smooth sailing behind the scenes.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I expect the people making lame excuses for big fat Bob will be first to recognise the nightmare seasons of widespread administration since the mid nineties that have been safely negotiated by "the cook and her cohorts"....[/quote]NIGEL IN BLINDLY DEFENDING DELIA SHOCKERI swear, they could have appointed Hermann Goring and Nigel would have defended the decision.

[/quote]

I''ve just read this exchange three times and it still makes no sense.

But "making stuff up" is your middle name Toe. And when posters make stuff up to attack the club, or anyone else, it''s beyond opinion.

[quote user="Indy"]Yes, but funny that the cooks love in wont recognise Watlings contribution during the early years, his true love which he writ off his money to the club and not turned it into £30 share value.

It''s great to give DS credit for what she''s done, in reality, turned her loans into majority share of a club worth in excess of 100 million, no doubt and until the time comes that DS & MWJ step down without selling the club for huge profit, it''s all talk.

Funny that Bowkett came on board to sort out and shore up the club in our deepest crises since Chase yet you guys won''t ever accept it.

Sorry but Chase oversaw us win a trophy in 85, Europe and top flight football to mention some good things.

Funny but both Chase and DS have done some great things for the club and over seen some pretty unsavoury times too. Part and parcel of running a football club.

40 years of following Norwich and it''s never been smooth sailing behind the scenes.[/quote]

Are you saying you''ve supported the club for 40 years Indy?

I find that hard to believe because you talk soooo much poppycock. You rarely post without making up some slur or other to attack the club. Delia being an Ipswich fan was one you ran with for a long time. If you want to discuss Geoffrey Watlings contribution then I''m your man. We can move on to the late great sir Arthur if you want. Now that WAS a contribution. However they were a great double act!

But if we go there you''re gonna have to stop making stuff up. And if there''s to be any credit for Bowkett''s appointment then that goes to Smith and Jones. Because Bowkett didn''t just appear like Father Christmas. He was dragged in kicking and screaming by the cook and her cohorts who have been responsible for the clubs progress since 1998.

[quote user="Indy"]Yes, but funny that the cooks love in wont recognise Watlings contribution during the early years, his true love which he writ off his money to the club and not turned it into £30 share value.

40 years of following Norwich and it''s never been smooth sailing behind the scenes.[/quote]Did Chase write off money he was owed? It may be so but I don''t offhand remember it being said before. He certainly didn''t write off his shares, because he sold them (or most of them) to Watling.

Purple, you mislead again I said Watling wrote off his loan! But you do what you do best pick a line to suite your attack.

Nutty, yet again you accuse me of making stuff up, where in this thread?

Bowkett would never have been approached had the financial position of this club been put at risk. Bowkett was a large part in stabilising this club, not to give DS credit for bringing in MacNally & Bowkett coming in was more than just the whim of DS, but you know that.

Please carry on the personal attacks to side track the thread as normal.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"]Yes, but funny that the cooks love in wont recognise Watlings contribution during the early years, his true love which he writ off his money to the club and not turned it into £30 share value.

40 years of following Norwich and it''s never been smooth sailing behind the scenes.[/quote]Did Chase write off money he was owed? It may be so but I don''t offhand remember it being said before. He certainly didn''t write off his shares, because he sold them (or most of them) to Watling.[/quote]

No. He wouldn''t go until he got everything. Including the salary he reckoned he was owed after appointing himself CE. He walked away with £83,670 in salary and expenses for the first five months

of that last year. And received £137,040 "compensation for loss of office". Let alone the contents of Watling''s wallet.....

[quote user="Indy"]Purple, you mislead again I said Watling wrote off his loan! But you do what you do best pick a line to suite your attack.

Nutty, yet again you accuse me of making stuff up, where in this thread?

Bowkett would never have been approached had the financial position of this club been put at risk. Bowkett was a large part in stabilising this club, not to give DS credit for bringing in MacNally & Bowkett coming in was more than just the whim of DS, but you know that.

Please carry on the personal attacks to side track the thread as normal.[/quote]

You started with the personal attacks. As you did on the other thread. Toe then waded in with his. The problem is neither of you are very good at it.

I''m quite happy to discuss these issues or make you look half daft trying to exchange insults. Your choice...

Funny that Bowkett came on board to sort out and shore up the club in our deepest crises since Chase yet you guys won''t ever accept it. Sorry but Chase oversaw us win a trophy in 85., Europe and top flight football to mention some good things.

40 years of following Norwich and it''s never been smooth sailing behind the scenes.[/quote]Sorry to point out yet another error as you continue to rewrite Norwich City history Indy but Sir Arthur South was Chairman when we won the Milk Cup in 1985 !

[quote user="Indy"]Purple, you mislead again I said Watling wrote off his loan! But you do what you do best pick a line to suite your attack[/quote]Indy, you are right. In haste I misread one name for another, because the thread was all about comparing Smith and Jones and Chase. It was a simple mistake. I wasn''t trying to mislead anyone. You are welcome to think it was part of some kind of campaign against you, but it really wasn''t, and there is no such campaign.

He was on the board and elected Chairman in 85, so did oversee us win the cup. But heck just because he wasn''t chairman fine!

On a serious note. Balls unlike chase has no majority stake in the club so unlike Chase has little power its more of a status symbol.