Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Message to all fans

I cannot be there today as I am walking a baby goat for charity but if I hear any booing on the wireless then I will be down there with my m*therf*cking AK

I won''t make it today as I have a prior family commitment I''ve just created in my head, sorry I mean arranged. If anyone could offer me a free ticket in with the Villa fans I''d be happy to go though. That way, as the positive and uber Norwich City fan that I am, I can judge our fan base from the opposition end and criticise their negativity as applicable.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]I won''t make it today as I have a prior family commitment I''ve just created in my head, sorry I mean arranged. If anyone could offer me a free ticket in with the Villa fans I''d be happy to go though. That way, as the positive and uber Norwich City fan that I am, I can judge our fan base from the opposition end and criticise their negativity as applicable.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]I won''t make it today as I have a prior family commitment I''ve just created in my head, sorry I mean arranged. If anyone could offer me a free ticket in with the Villa fans I''d be happy to go though. That way, as the positive and uber Norwich City fan that I am, I can judge our fan base from the opposition end and criticise their negativity as applicable.[/quote]

I haven''t made it this season because my partner''s mother was seriously ill and died in September.  I have thus been occupied with real life issues since then.  Christmas has been particularly difficult this year, with my own mother very frail and on her own too.  So forgive me for not attending matches recently. It does mean I have to get most of my NCFC involvment in here, in amongst cretinous morons who like to treat the best NCFC source of information as a playground for their egos and sad outlooks on life.  As I said elsewhere, I will try to get in some matches towards the end of the season.  Now F*ck off.

I am genuinely sorry you and your family are having a difficult time at the moment.
However, is getting angry with, and abusive towards, people on a message board the best way to deal with your current challenges?

[quote user="Bor"]I am genuinely sorry you and your family are having a difficult time at the moment.
However, is getting angry with, and abusive towards, people on a message board the best way to deal with your current challenges?
[/quote]

So what is your excuse for the amount of abuse towards me and other posters on numerous threads over several years? 

[quote user="Captain Canary"]I am surprised Morty has not had more of a day![/quote]Sorry, was busy at Carrow road.[:)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]I won''t make it today as I have a prior family commitment I''ve just created in my head, sorry I mean arranged. If anyone could offer me a free ticket in with the Villa fans I''d be happy to go though. That way, as the positive and uber Norwich City fan that I am, I can judge our fan base from the opposition end and criticise their negativity as applicable.[/quote]

I haven''t made it this season because my partner''s mother was seriously ill and died in September.  I have thus been occupied with real life issues since then.  Christmas has been particularly difficult this year, with my own mother very frail and on her own too.  So forgive me for not attending matches recently. It does mean I have to get most of my NCFC involvment in here, in amongst cretinous morons who like to treat the best NCFC source of information as a playground for their egos and sad outlooks on life.  As I said elsewhere, I will try to get in some matches towards the end of the season.  Now F*ck off.

[/quote]Don''t you just love it when this happens ? [:$] Clearly WHF and others were not to know of your circumstances - you have my total sympathy having had similar myself - but I wouldn''t hold out much hope for a retraction LDC.More chance of snow at Christmas.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]I won''t make it today as I have a prior family commitment I''ve just created in my head, sorry I mean arranged. If anyone could offer me a free ticket in with the Villa fans I''d be happy to go though. That way, as the positive and uber Norwich City fan that I am, I can judge our fan base from the opposition end and criticise their negativity as applicable.[/quote]

[/quote]Don''t you just love it when this happens ? [:$] Clearly WHF and others were not to know of your circumstances - you have my total sympathy having had similar myself - but I wouldn''t hold out much hope for a retraction LDC.More chance of snow at Christmas.[/quote]I don''t want to make light of anything here, but if I''m honest I have to question the motivation for posting stuff like this.Sorry to sound cynical, but it feels a bit like "sympathy card".

I have genuine sympathy for LDC and hope things start to look up for him personally, I really do.However I''m not going to apologise for not knowing his circumstances and inadvertently upsetting him. I''m sure there''s a few posters who have personal issues but you can''t go around pussy footing in the fear of upsetting someone.And for all his complaining of abuse, he did tell me to f uck off. Most of my posts aimed at him have been mischief making and mickey taking, which I''ll admit, but I''ve never verbally abused the guy.

I get where you''re coming from Morty but reading between the lines i think LDC is asking to be cut a bit of slack. I''d normally be happy with 100% p*ss taking but when people introduce their private business onto a public forum, for whatever reason, maybe its time to call ''time out''. Let the dust settle, Not surrender, just call a truce until the party crying ''foul'' has regained the composure to reopen hostilities.

I have no doubt it''ll be business as usual before too long.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]I get where you''re coming from Morty but reading between the lines i think LDC is asking to be cut a bit of slack. I''d normally be happy with 100% p*ss taking but when people introduce their private business onto a public forum, for whatever reason, maybe its time to call ''time out''. Let the dust settle, Not surrender, just call a truce until the party crying ''foul'' has regained the composure to reopen hostilities.

I have no doubt it''ll be business as usual before too long.[/quote]Not interested I''m afraid. He likes to think he has some moral high ground, but the truth is he is as bad, if not worse, than anyone here. He deliberately invites the abuse so he can play victim. I am sorry to hear he has personal issues, but I definitely question his motivation for broadcasting them,.Sorry if that was the elephant in the room, but I''m a kinda "bring up the elephant in the room" guy.

I get that too, in fact ,its what makes your posts fun to read.

I come from a large family and when things get a bit ''hot'', its often best to ''park it'' for a bit.

I also get the ''sympathy vote''/ ''victim'' angle.......and find it a bit cringy. At the same time i wouldnt wish illness or tragedy on anyone. If these subjects were introduced to climb the moral high ground then shame, as football and opinions on same are the subject of this forum.

However i also think that anyone taking themselves too seriously on this forum is bound to be mocked , and thats healthy.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]I get that too, in fact ,its what makes your posts fun to read.

I come from a large family and when things get a bit ''hot'', its often best to ''park it'' for a bit.

I also get the ''sympathy vote''/ ''victim'' angle.......and find it a bit cringy. At the same time i wouldnt wish illness or tragedy on anyone. If these subjects were introduced to climb the moral high ground then shame, as football and opinions on same are the subject of this forum.

However i also think that anyone taking themselves too seriously on this forum is bound to be mocked , and thats healthy.[/quote]I''m sorry, but as unpalatable as it may be, thats what I think.I really can''t see any other reason for bringing up such subjects on a football forum.

''I''m sorry, but as unpalatable as it may be, thats what I think.

I really can''t see any other reason for bringing up such subjects on a football forum.''.......Morty

Not unpalatable at all Mort,the truth can hurt, but i''d say LDC brought those subjects up to try to get a bit of respite. Otherwise what is the point of mentioning them at all?

Sometimes its the bigger man that walks away, knowing that he has the skillset to continue if he wishes, realising that his opponent is , to all intents and purposes , beaten, but will not accept it.

Happy New Year to you all from the Rebel County.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]''I''m sorry, but as unpalatable as it may be, thats what I think.

I really can''t see any other reason for bringing up such subjects on a football forum.''.......Morty

Not unpalatable at all Mort,the truth can hurt, but i''d say LDC brought those subjects up to try to get a bit of respite. Otherwise what is the point of mentioning them at all?

Sometimes its the bigger man that walks away, knowing that he has the skillset to continue if he wishes, realising that his opponent is , to all intents and purposes , beaten, but will not accept it.

Happy New Year to you all from the Rebel County.[/quote]I hear what you are saying,but less than a few months ago I was quite happy to "call a truce" as I am as bored of it as anyone, but chump boy was literally poking away at me minutes later.I am here to talk about football, always have been since day one of this forum. Lakey is here to feed his desperately insecure ego, and the likes of me and Bor get in the way of that, because we point out when he says stupid things, when he is preaching from his pulpit, and generally patronising fans who actually go to games..I''m not walking away anywhere mate[:)]

No worries Mort, just thought i''d have quick go at calming things down. I cant say that i find much of interest in his posts, so often dont read them. he really has got to you though, hasnt he?

Off into Storm Frank now to pick up my son from the airport(if his plane can land).

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]No worries Mort, just thought i''d have quick go at calming things down. I cant say that i find much of interest in his posts, so often dont read them. he really has got to you though, hasnt he?

Off into Storm Frank now to pick up my son from the airport(if his plane can land).[/quote]I wouldn''t say "got to me" but it does irk me somewhat that he tries to claim moral, intellectual and footballing knowledge high ground, when he plainly has no right to do so.[:)]

[quote user="hogesar"]Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone!!!! [:D][/quote]And to you![:D]

Morty.......''I wouldn''t say "got to me" but it does irk me somewhat that he tries to claim moral, intellectual and footballing knowledge high ground, when he plainly has no right to do so.''

Mate, some people just have an inflated opinion of themselves (with no evidential justification), i fear Lakey is one of those.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Morty.......''I wouldn''t say "got to me" but it does irk me somewhat that he tries to claim moral, intellectual and footballing knowledge high ground, when he plainly has no right to do so.''

Mate, some people just have an inflated opinion of themselves (with no evidential justification), i fear Lakey is one of those.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]I have genuine sympathy for LDC and hope things start to look up for him personally, I really do.However I''m not going to apologise for not knowing his circumstances and inadvertently upsetting him. I''m sure there''s a few posters who have personal issues but you can''t go around pussy footing in the fear of upsetting someone.And for all his complaining of abuse, he did tell me to f uck off. Most of my posts aimed at him have been mischief making and mickey taking, which I''ll admit, but I''ve never verbally abused the guy.[/quote]

Fair play WHF for responding. As you rightly say none of us are to know what''s going on in peoples personal lives here unless they tell us. You were unlucky.We all know LDC can be b*oody annoying - as we all can - but even if he does post just to wind people up sometimes he does get more than his fair share of grief on here totally out of synch with the '' offences '' committed.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]I have genuine sympathy for LDC and hope things start to look up for him personally, I really do.However I''m not going to apologise for not knowing his circumstances and inadvertently upsetting him. I''m sure there''s a few posters who have personal issues but you can''t go around pussy footing in the fear of upsetting someone.And for all his complaining of abuse, he did tell me to f uck off. Most of my posts aimed at him have been mischief making and mickey taking, which I''ll admit, but I''ve never verbally abused the guy.[/quote]

Fair play WHF for responding. As you rightly say none of us are to know what''s going on in peoples personal lives here unless they tell us. You were unlucky.We all know LDC can be b*oody annoying - as we all can - but even if he does post just to wind people up sometimes he does get more than his fair share of grief on here totally out of synch with the '' offences '' committed.

[/quote]But thats the crux of the whole thing!! Its deliberate, and he cries bully when he gets grief, it really is all such a pathetic game.

Don''t buy any of it; LDC wrote "While the cat''s away the mice will play. Good effort from Lapps, I''ll buy you a pint next match I come to in Norwich, which is likely to be near the end of the season. For those who question my attendance, normally make 8 - 10 a season, but none so far this season (for various good reasons). Should be able to get a few in during the run in."

Yet made a big thing of going to Man Citeh and sitting with Home fans, a bit Walter Mitty if ask me.