Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

It's oh so quiet

I''ll poor myself a late night medicinal brandy and raise a glass to absent friends.

See you all on Saturday if we lose to Southampton....

[quote user="Bor"]......  I try to make salient points but too often I get provoked into responding to personal attacks.
[/quote]To be fair the personal attacks often start without being provoked.Why all the bile ? Someone said they miss your previous handle so why not revert back to nice '' Mr Chops '' and let the other two slug it out...... ?

[quote user="Bor"]I''m sorry to hear that.  I try to make salient points but too often I get provoked into responding to personal attacks.
[/quote]You attack LDC no matter what he posts...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''ll poor myself a late night medicinal brandy and raise a glass to absent friends.

[/quote]
Cheers Nigel  I''m glad somebody understood the point of the post.

[quote user="Bor"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]
Cheers Nigel  I''m glad somebody understood the point of the post.
[/quote]

The point was the timing of your post and the thought process that inspired it. 

Don''t suppose there''s any chance you two could continue this by email, Instagram or something is there?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bor"]Please stop trolling me.[/quote]

[W] 

[/quote]
Boooooo LDC, BOOOOO

Bor makes a reasonable point, and I don''t understand the personal attacks, its the same posters who "mysteriously" go missing whenever we win.

Let''s have a look at some of the threads started in the aftermath of the Watford defeat:
[img]http://s8.postimg.org/yqxphtwhh/watford.jpg[/img]
Some familiar names and themes there.
Nowhere to be seen or heard in the last few hours.
Can''t think why.

You were up at 5:45 defending this botched aBORtion.

This last post of yours proves nothing. Several threads were started by people who''ve been on Pinkun since the game ended. None of the threads likely started within 2 minutes of the whistle. Watford was an away game. It''s human nature to talk about the bad more than the good, which you''d know if you read a newspaper front page, and we absolutely sucked in the Watford debacle.

Keep digging.

Yes. It''s human nature. We don''t talk about all the trains that were on time. Headlines don''t scream, "No Acts of Terrorism on London Underground".

Michael Jackson had a song about it. So did Joe Walsh (Dirty Laundry) - "It''s interesting when people die,".

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Yes. It''s human nature. We don''t talk about all the trains that were on time. Headlines don''t scream, "No Acts of Terrorism on London Underground".

Michael Jackson had a song about it. So did Joe Walsh (Dirty Laundry) - "It''s interesting when people die,".[/quote]So when we win there is nothing to say but when we lose that is an event...doesn''t that sort of back up the original point.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]

Our resident statisticians seem to have gone quiet too (well, 93% of them anyway).

Apples

[/quote]
[:D]

The original point was to attack fans of the team for not starting threads.

So, no, my last post wasn''t the point of the thread. It was to put things into perspective and demonstrate how far off target you are.

[quote user="Bor"]Gainer could start a fight in an empty cab.[/quote]
I presume he has. He''s American.

No it doesn''t, you enormous pleb.

We lose a match and ten threads are in play within minutes.

We win a match and the silence is deafening.

That''s it. That''s the point.

By the way, posting abuse about the English is a strange way to engage with your fellow supporters of an English football team.

If I didn''t know better I might think you were another "supporter" just here to troll.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Good one Hog. I presume you start fights, get your azz handed to you, then wait for help. You''re English.[/quote]
If i had my ''azz'' handed to me, waiting for help would be redundant. It''d be too late.
Why do all American''s have to live up to their stereotypes?!