Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

View from an Everton Season Ticket Holder on Naismith...

"I think he will be a really good signing mate. Has real steel and ability too. Sad to see him go and I know plenty of blues who would have him in the team over Barkley. Still, £8m for a 29 year old player we got for free isn''t bad business. I think you boys will like him though."

From that, i''m quite happy with him coming here. Yes £8m is expensive (some may be success based) but then that''s the going rate and we''ll laugh at £8m as pocket change if we stay up!

Good to hear the feedback. I know a toffee who pretty much said the same. The fee is a bit steep but if we stay up it''ll be a drop in the ocean so staying up is a must and we have to spend to do so

Hell can you really take a supporter view on any player? Just saying, we all have our own views on our players!

If AN signs him that''s enough, we might all have a view on an incoming player he Naismith is the next step up to what we have, my only comment is 8 million is a little steep....but hey ho going rate to improve our team.

[quote user="Indy"]Hell can you really take a supporter view on any player? Just saying, we all have our own views on our players!

If AN signs him that''s enough, we might all have a view on an incoming player he Naismith is the next step up to what we have, my only comment is 8 million is a little steep....but hey ho going rate to improve our team.[/quote]But if the majority say pretty much the same thing, then chances are the opinion isn''t far off being accurate.I haven''t seen one Everton fan say he doesn''t rate Naismith.

Morty wrote;

I haven''t seen one Everton fan say he doesn''t rate Naismith.

Travelling home from Man U we stopped at Ferrybridge services and got talking to a couple of Everton fans, who were very sorry to think he might be on the way out, and that Martinez simply didn''t play him enough, and that he would be a good signing for whoever gets him.

Mind you there are plenty who would tell you Lafferty is the best thing since sliced bread !

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Morty wrote;

I haven''t seen one Everton fan say he doesn''t rate Naismith.

Travelling home from Man U we stopped at Ferrybridge services and got talking to a couple of Everton fans, who were very sorry to think he might be on the way out, and that Martinez simply didn''t play him enough, and that he would be a good signing for whoever gets him.

Mind you there are plenty who would tell you Lafferty is the best thing since sliced bread
![/quote]Hmmmmm, you sure lol?

I agree Morty, but we don''t have the majority of Everton fans saying this, just a few people on here and an Everton Forum.....bit like us on here with our own players.......like I said we will see when he comes here, anyone remember Lambert going to Villa and how we all said what great manager Villa were getting? Ask villa fans what they think of him now?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]There''s 2 sit behind me, get so excited if he is on the bench, quite funny really.[/quote]This actually gave me an idea for a thread where people give their opinion on wantaway players, ie selling them to other clubs.But then I realised that it could actually end up scuppering potential deals if other clubs read it!