Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Patrick Bamford...

[quote user="Feel The Force"]... has cut his loan short at Palace. Would prefer him to hooper or grabban.[/quote]Only just though.I suspect his price wouldn''t reflect value for money.

He cut his loan short because he wasn''t getting enough games. Don''t think it would be very different here as Jerome and Mbokani are both doing well and he is of similar ability. Would aim to sign better as squad is okay but we need players to improve the first 11.

He impressed here in April but was kept in bassongs pocket at wembley - although the injury probably didnt help him.

However in a good palace side that likes to use pace the fact that all of Campbell, Wickham (!) Gayle & Chamakh have been preferred to start ahead of him & his championship goals speaks volumes. He may do better here but as morty said I am not sure he would be value for money. A no for me

Costa rumoured to be leaving on a swap deal this window and Remy injured again so Bamford`s recall could see him start or at least make the bench for Chelsea who played without a recognised striker against Manure yesterday.

Why is he not an AN type player? He''s young, very quick, can play as a lone striker well and scores goals.

He would offer something completely different to Jerome and Mbokani because he is very direct and will run in behind centre backs.

If he''d come here then personally I''d prefer him to Gayle or Afobe.

[quote user="Viva Marc Libbra"]Why is he not an AN type player? He''s young, very quick, can play as a lone striker well and scores goals.

He would offer something completely different to Jerome and Mbokani because he is very direct and will run in behind centre backs.

If he''d come here then personally I''d prefer him to Gayle or Afobe.[/quote]Bamford, quick? Really?

I think the first thing to say is, he wasn''t remotely fit in that play off final and his performance showed it. It''s a sign of how little Karanka rated Kike that he still played Bamford anyway in that game.

He''s also perfectly capable of playing as a lone striker. He did for Middlesbrough all of last season and scored 19 goals in 43 matches, which is a very healthy return. The idea that he wouldn''t suit Norwich''s style is not correct in my opinion. He make intelligent runs down the sides of defenders and would have the pace to stretch teams.

However, at the present time I don''t think there is that much difference in ability between Mbokani, Jerome and Bamford. So I wouldn''t be busting a gut to try to sign him at the moment.

In any event, I would imagine that Chelsea will want to fix him up with some guaranteed first team football. So I wouldn''t be surprised if something is in place for him to return to Middlesbrough. He''s also the kind of player that Bournemouth and Swansea are probably crying out for at the moment as well.

Weird how when you type in the nickname of Enrique García Martínez (Kike). That it comes up as swearword on this forum. I know he''s not very good but he isn''t that bad!

Bamford was the Champs player of the season and was injured in the run up to the play off final so judging him on how he played then is rather daft. He''s probably one if those ''nearly'' players - if he finds the right side I think he''d do ok in the PL, but probably not with us.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Bamford was the Champs player of the season and was injured in the run up to the play off final so judging him on how he played then is rather daft. He''s probably one if those ''nearly'' players - if he finds the right side I think he''d do ok in the PL, but probably not with us.[/quote]Him being chosen as the Championship player of the season was a joke though, wasn''t even in the top 10 imo, Jerome, Johnson, Ritchie, Wilson, Murphy (I know I know) etc were all far more deserving than Bamford. Probably because he came from Chelsea.

I think we need energy & determination (plus the usual attributes) to complement our attack. I was impressed by said qualities exemplified by Ighalo & Antonio on MOTD.

Bamford is not that sort of player. So no.