Sign in to follow this  
unique

Martinez

I used to respect the guy, but he has rapidly turned into a dislikeable toad over this potential Naismith transfer.

How many times has he got to '' have a chat'' with Naismith? In two weeks?

With his team under-performing, I can understand him not wanting to give a rival a leg-up too early in the transfer window. However, it does appear that he doesn''t value Naismith enough to play him, and isn''t giving much regard to the player''s best interests.

Martinez isn''t as good as he thinks he is.  His team are under achieving, he''s got some very good players at Everton, so that''s down to him if he can''t inspire players of the calibre of Barkley etc.  No way will they get dragged into the relegation battle, but they should be a lot further up the table than they are imo.

Martinez has given Naismith 453 minutes of football this season so it is hardly likely that he will suddenly decide the player is needed.

I am not sure Everton are underachieving either. Barkley aside, their midfield is fairly weak and they are not blessed with cash like their neighbours.

Everton are under-achieving.

With Lukaku scoring goals for fun, Barkley and Stones down the spine of the team, they should be a lot higher than 11th.

They were a solid defensive unit last season, somehow Martinez has succeeded in turning that around for the worse.

Stones is not yet a great defender though. Very classy on the ball but he gives forwards a chance.

He and Everton are under no pressure to sell and it makes sense to frustrate us as a league rival.

It''s a big part of the reason there''s a mental last day of the transfer window.

Don''t expect this transfer to be done quickly, January is all about the long drawn out slogs to get players.

GJP wrote the following post at 30/12/2015 7:12 PM:

Stones is not yet a great defender though. Very classy on the ball but gives forwards a chance."

Stones is good but not quite as good as he thinks he is, I don know why he seems to think he needs to show off and take silly risks in his position.

He needs a few words of advice.

I agree, I think their problem is that they don''t have a great depth to their squad. They have a top 6 or 7 first 11 with 2 or 3 good subs, Naismith being a good example.