Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Liverpool Vs Sunderland

That is now six games on the bounce that Sunderland have lost scoring only three goals in the process. Looks like Big Sam may not be the miracle worker some on here proclaimed.

Good result for us.

We''ve cut 2 teams adrift. Villa are 100% certs to go down, Sunderland must be like 97% certs (realistically they may need to win 9 of their remaining 19).

Lets hope Newcastle are next to go and a win in the next which is realistic would help increase that gap for us obviously.

Jeez, what an awful game. Sunderland v Villa on Saturday is interesting though. Villa win best for us there methinks.

[quote user="Downloads"]Possibly morty, but maybe a draw so no one gains any confidence too! (Def not a Sunderland win tho!)[/quote]I think Villa are 100% down, to be honest.

It has become very nauseating the way Niall Qlown is wheeled on as a co-commentator whenever we have to suffer Sunderland live on Sky.

The man is so bias I swear he will break down in tears during one of these commentaries if Sunderland continue with such dire performances.

A villa Sunderland draw would be fantastic but if one team has to win I''d rather it be villa. Really glad Liverpool came through but they are indeed very poor

Couple of things to be said here.

That''s actually the 5th game Sunderland have lost in succession. Whilst, that''s a shocking sequence of results they have lost to Arsenal (1st) , Watford (9th), Man City (3rd), Liverpool (7th) and Chelsea (who, whilst doing terribly are something of an outlier given the quality in their squad).

They''ve got a more manageable run of fixtures on the horizon now, staring with Aston Villa. This will represent the true test of what Allardyce can get out of this Sunderland squad - if anything at all.

A draw would be an ideal result, but I don''t think a Villa win would be that damaging. They''d still probably need about 29 points from 18 games to beat the drop. That''s near European qualification form if they pull that off.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]That is now six games on the bounce that Sunderland have lost scoring only three goals in the process. Looks like Big Sam may not be the miracle worker some on here proclaimed.[/quote]He sounded pretty downbeat in the post-match interview for the game prior to this one. He said they needed to spend, so I don''t expect any improvement until they get extra legs in. Saying that, I still think they''ll be relegated.

Results certainly been decent for us this round.

As for sun-vil my principle is always we need our relegation rivals to lose against higher placed sides and draw against each other - a draw means only 2 points not 3 added to the table, removes the possibility of a motivational spring board / generates a feeling of a lost opportunity to both side.

Villas record at sunderland is incredibly good tho