Sign in to follow this  
Number9

John Ruddy

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]Did anyone else notice that during the half time warm up for the subs Ruddy simply was not taking part. Merely walked about with his hands in his pockets. If body language means anything then it means he is in a bit of a sulk. He''s watched Rudd playing every game, and must understand his first team chances are over.

I for one never thought he was of PL quality, and only got a brief spot in the England squad due to lack of English keeper in the PL.

Frankly nice to see one of our own in the team[/quote]

It''s comments like this that start rumours. Ruddy was fully involved in the warm up and was doing the usual kicking to Rudd at point blank distance, like Rudd had been doing for Ruddy for the last couple of seasons. He was not walking around in a sulk and not taking part, he came out and walked towards the Barclay goal with his hand in his pockets then did the warm up with Rudd.

A number around me commented on Ruddy''s attitude at half time. He spent most of it sat on the bench with his hands in his pocket, while the outfield players warmed up. It was only a minute before the 2nd half started that we trotted over with Rudd to do the usual practice feeding.

Was also disappointed with him at Spurs. When the two keepers and Kiely came out to warm up, Rudd and Kiely came over and applauded the fans while Ruddy looked as miserable as sin, staring at the floor throughout.

A shame as I have always viewed Ruddy as the consummate professional until now. The form Dec is in he has to keep the shirt, but I would also be looking to ship Ruddy out and get someone else in to genuinely compete for the top job.

Seriously though, we''re using "he didn''t warm up very well" as a criticism?He has been our number one for a long while now and has lost his place, do you expect him to be grinning from ear to ear about it?

His demeanor or attitude isn''t likely to improve dramatically whilst perched on the bench watching Declan perform.

Our number 3 keeper isn''t a world beater.

These two ''facts'' suggest to me that Ruddy will move on & a new number two will arrive.

Can''t stand these loose women, clucking, gossip mongerers in the support

Do us all a favour, go the hairdressers and tell Paulo about how fat Diane''s got recently and leave the football to the rest of us.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I also noticed that his boots werent as clean as they could have been, shocking behaviour !![/quote]What about his teeth, clean were they?

Absolutely no reason for JR to leave. So, he''s had a dodgy run of form but that happens to everyone now & again.He''s still a very good keeper, he''s still relatively young for a keeper & he''ll be back.Why anybody wants to write him off & get rid is a complete mystery to me

So now it''s JR''s turn.

Some half-witted idiot has a go at the man when he is

having a sensible night out with his wife an he suddenly becomes the demon.

I would have attempted to hit that pratt twice as hard.

As his wife said "not worth it"

Good for you John

[quote user="Jim Moriarty"]A number around me commented on Ruddy''s attitude at half time. He spent most of it sat on the bench with his hands in his pocket, while the outfield players warmed up. It was only a minute before the 2nd half started that we trotted over with Rudd to do the usual practice feeding.

Was also disappointed with him at Spurs. When the two keepers and Kiely came out to warm up, Rudd and Kiely came over and applauded the fans while Ruddy looked as miserable as sin, staring at the floor throughout.

A shame as I have always viewed Ruddy as the consummate professional until now. The form Dec is in he has to keep the shirt, but I would also be looking to ship Ruddy out and get someone else in to genuinely compete for the top job.[/quote]The people around you must have somehow chose to ignore the fact that this happens every single halftime regardless of who is in goal......

Perhaps he needs to take a good, hard look at our star warming-up talent Mr Lafferty (the man is a legend, and model professional afterall)...

Apples

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]I also noticed that his boots werent as clean as they could have been, shocking behaviour !![/quote]What about his teeth, clean were they?[/quote]He hasn''t smiled for so long that nobody can tell.[:''(]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]I also noticed that his boots werent as clean as they could have been, shocking behaviour !![/quote]What about his teeth, clean were they?[/quote]He hasn''t smiled for so long that nobody can tell.[:''(][/quote]Should be sold then for not being cheerful enough.[;)]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]So now it''s JR''s turn.

Some half-witted idiot has a go at the man when he is

having a sensible night out with his wife an he suddenly becomes the demon.

I would have attempted to hit that pratt twice as hard.

As his wife said "not worth it"

Good for you John[/quote]

Easy to assume that was what happened without being in possession of all the facts. Some journalists I know tell a very different story, from what they have heard - that Ruddy and this other gent were known to each other personally and the incident is related to some off-field issues our #1 has been having.

Ultimately I don''t know what happened either, as I wasn''t there - but we can''t assume that it was a case of some half-wit having a pop for a laugh.

Of course he''s not happy to be sitting on the bench, there would be something seriously wrong if he was.
Rudd is playing well but Ruddy''s time will come again and Im sure when it comes he''ll take it

Can only see that happening if we do have a replacement lined up; making Jan even busier.

If he is allowed to leave I suspect that shows how the club views Tombland-gate