Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

No spending

So Ellis...you regard the summer window as pretty successful?...ok you are entitled to feel that. I regard it as a failure because we did not strengthen in the areas that needed it. I agree Brady has been a good buy. Dorrans?..he was already here and the feeling about him  from fans is a mixed bag....Mulumbu?...who knows, hes hardly played so cannot make a judgement on him..Mbokani?...ya looks good...the few times hes actually played. Matty Jarvis?..started well then got injured.But really look at the table, without that win against Villa, we would be bottom 3. Alex has overall done the right things over  the first half of the season, bringing in Ryan B  and Declan...finally. But we have been very lucky with injuries / suspensions so far, and its the 2nd half of season that really really matters. Alex has called our squad threadbare so he does know the situation, but, i look at the transfer windows from the last few seasons in the Prem, not just the last summer one, and im not confident we will get what the fans  know we need. But i dont doubt Alex has a shopping list, problem is  picking the items up, putting them in the basket, and paying for them at the check out.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]I absolutely agree about booing and abusing our own players during a game, it''s a shocking thing to do and can have no positive impact. However I think fans are perfectly entitled to express their opinion at the end of a game whether that be negative or positive.[/quote]

Agreed. Its the negativity before and during which can be divisive.   An emotional reaction to a result at the end of a match whether its a win, draw or loss is only natural.

I am just going to throw this in here, but I have very, very rarely heard booing during a game at Carrow road.

[quote user="Herman "]Did you enjoy the Villa win OP?[/quote]

Please do not read much into the ''Villa win''. They looked the worst Premiership side I''ve seen in years but still could have embarrassed us in the first half hour!

If the signings do not come we will be up against it!

grabban just before he scored against arsenal being the far too recent last occurrence...

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="Herman "]Did you enjoy the Villa win OP?[/quote]

Please do not read much into the ''Villa win''. They looked the worst Premiership side I''ve seen in years but still could have embarrassed us in the first half hour!

If the signings do not come we will be up against it![/quote]

It was a massive result psychologically, given the timing and points situation in the table - and the pressure showed in our performance, which wasn''t the best - but we won, as we did against Swansea which was a similar kind of match imo.

Derby

"Please do not read much into the ''Villa win''. They looked the worst Premiership side I''ve seen in years but still could have embarrassed us in the first half hour! "

Its not just the Villa game though it is Derby, we have just completed three games, two away from home against top teams and a tough home game against a side fighting for its life.

A return of 6 points from that is excellent.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]It is indeed of deep concern following the last, disastrous transfer window that the signals are we not are prepared/able to upgrade the areas of the team which needed attention in the Summer - RB, RCB and striker. Fundamentally, new investors are needed if we are to compete in the BPL. But then it is probably too late already.[/quote]I agree, Highland. It was losing at Man Utd - a result you categorically predicted - that finally did for our hopes of staying up.[/quote]
But Purple, if he keeps making claims then there''s a chance one of them will eventually be true, and then he''ll be right. 
After all, this forum does seem to cater well to those who make a million bold predictions and when one of them comes off due to the sheer volume of predictions made they then self-diagnose themselves as football guru''s.
I think Highland''s started when he claimed anyone other than Lennon and we wouldn''t get out of the Championship last season.

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="Herman "]Did you enjoy the Villa win OP?[/quote]

If the signings do not come we will be up against it![/quote]

They are the worst team, and we beat them in an important game. We could''ve had a morale sapping loss, which I''m sure you would''ve preferred, but we pushed them aside. Sorry about that.

[quote user="morty"]I am just going to throw this in here, but I have very, very rarely heard booing during a game at Carrow road.[/quote]

I realise that by replying to this I''m just fuelling a thread started by a binner and stoked by another binner, or possibly the same one, but you must have different hearing to me Morty. There''s booing in more games than there''s not that''s for sure. Usually to Alex Neil for his substitutions.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]I am just going to throw this in here, but I have very, very rarely heard booing during a game at Carrow road.[/quote]

I realise that by replying to this I''m just fuelling a thread started by a binner and stoked by another binner, or possibly the same one, but you must have different hearing to me Morty. There''s booing in more games than there''s not that''s for sure. Usually to Alex Neil for his substitutions.

[/quote]Not where I sit there isn''t.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Not where I sit there isn''t.[/quote]

Well obviously not. I didn''t used to hear so much either when I was in the Barclay. However when you have the massed Jarrold ranks of coaches and critics behind you you certainly do hear it. My favourite one so far this season was when Mbokani was told "he stinks" prior to scoring our second goal. Upon questioning I was reliably informed that he still stank after he scored it...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Not where I sit there isn''t.[/quote]

Well obviously not. I didn''t used to hear so much either when I was in the Barclay. However when you have the massed Jarrold ranks of coaches and critics behind you you certainly do hear it. My favourite one so far this season was when Mbokani was told "he stinks" prior to scoring our second goal. Upon questioning I was reliably informed that he still stank after he scored it...

[/quote]Which is why I sit in the Barclay[:D]Theres the odd grumble, but certainly, very rarely actual booing.I didn''t hear any booing during the Arsenal game. That said, I was in Africa.

Not heard booing in the Jarrold - the quietest stand in the ground with probably the most reserved people - rarely any singing support for the team from the Jarrold, so I''m surprised they''ve suddenly taken to expressing negative boos all of a sudden!