Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

The Hunger Games

Hypothetical question - If the Premier League was taken over tomorrow by a tyrannical dictatorship from the future, and each premier league club had to send two players as "tributes" to fight all other nominated players to the death on a strange island landscape in front of a television audience of millions, which two players from our squad would you send and why, and who would win?

Probably worth taking Russ Martin. Because even if it''s not his fault, we can blame him if it all goes wrong.

Because the Games are shown around the world and because it is only Premiership team tributes that are included I think that the games would be heavily biased towards the bigger teams tributes, much like the Prem now.

With that in mind I would send two of our weaker tributes say, Whittaker and Hooper, and keep our strongest tributes alive for internal war that is happening behind the scenes!

[quote user="Captain Canary"]If we twist the OP slightly which 2 pinkun posters would you send as well?[/quote][:)]

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Captain Canary"]If we twist the OP slightly which 2 pinkun posters would you send as well?[/quote][:)][/quote]

[/quote]I shall just set my stall out by saying I have 22 years military service, experience with firearms, and I can shoot a bow and arrow.[:D]

Well one Waveney/Newton surely counts as a battalion each (and it would clean this messageboard up too)?

Apples

Not sure Apples; they may make lots of noise but they are still only two people and their ability to camouflage themselves really isnt that good

Right enough ZLF...and they''d probably just whine on incessantly about the Ruling Board of the Games, the rules themselves, where has all the budget gone, find scapegoats, why we havent supplied the best weapons, how other players from other teams are much better and we should sign them immediately, lack of amibition and wait for a Messiah to come and save them.

Could be the dullest Hunger Games ever!

Apples 

Mitrovic and Tiote would be my bet, taking the trophy back to Newcastle.

I''m sending Ruddy and Bassong. We know Bassong likes a firearm and Ruddy''s punching has recently improved.

Got to Be Mbokani and Ruddy for me. I remember one of Ruddys previous incarnations was TechnoViking. Give me a few mins i''ll try to find it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8AcoC6zyVQ

Sorry dont know how to make it a clicky, but skip to 30 seconds, and youll see JR in a former life as protector of techno babes.

When Kieron Dyer was on "I''m A Celebrity" recently I thought about asking for suggestions on which Norwich player would do the best in the jungle but thought the programme was maybe too lowbrow for our posters-perhaps I was wrong.

Anyway, for The Hunger Games, I''d send Robbie Brady-seems to be quite nimble-and Mulumbu-he''s a big lad. I think this would be a good combination.