Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Ed Balls explains

Worked with a girl who was part of the Labour lot up here (dad a councillor in Balls'' district or something). From what I heard, he seems like a genuine chap with a passion for Norwich City. You''ll never find a universally likes politician anyway.

I''d liken it to an analogy I had back in the day. We had this absolute dragon of a teacher in year 4. I remember speaking to my mate a year later after his worst nightmare had happened... his parents had her babysit him and his sister and apparently it turned out okay! Her personality at school was all a bit of a front and she was actually alright. Probs find the same wit Ed Balls if you didn''t like the Politician version (as long as he''s not one of these bores that thinks playing Lafferty would win us the league!)

He was pretty genuine as a politician ( in so far as that is possible) and I''m sure he is a passionate fan. This isn''t a Cameron Villa jobby.

I expect him to be able to ask the difficult questions of McNally and challenge the way we do things.

Lol, I can imagine it now! I''ll be there in the room asking why Mbokani isn''t playing more at the next fans forum and i''ll get an answer so convoluted and twisted, i''ll forget i''ve even asked the question until I get back home and it''s too late!

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]He was pretty genuine as a politician ( in so far as that is possible) and I''m sure he is a passionate fan. This isn''t a Cameron Villa jobby.

I expect him to be able to ask the difficult questions of McNally and challenge the way we do things.[/quote]

Thats a joke

No one questions McNally

Daly wrote;

No one questions McNally

But that is the job of the chairman, to question the board, test the strength of feeling and commitment, something he could do very well in a fair and diplomatic way.

Agree with LC here, but what exactly would he have to question McNally on at the moment...apart from the great sausage roll scandal, obviously?!?!?

Apples

I would like to think that he will ask questions of David Mcnally as contrary to the belief of many he is not God.

Daly

I expect him to be able to ask the difficult questions of McNally and challenge the way we do things.

Thats a joke

No one questions McNally

I can''t agree there Daly. That is the role of a non exec, "critical friend" to quote the jargon.

Ed Balls will have all the necessary skills to do this from his time in politics and the shadow cabinet.

If he is in there purely as a yes man then he won''t stay long, it''s not worth him giving his time.

if he doesnt question mcnally at every board meeting I would say he simply isnt doing his job as chair. It shouldnt need to lead to conflict - just accountability and further improvement.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]if he doesnt question mcnally at every board meeting I would say he simply isnt doing his job as chair. It shouldnt need to lead to conflict - just accountability and further improvement.[/quote]

Our club is run like North Korea. McNally is untouchable.

did I read a senior north korean leader died in a "car crash"? Perhaps a visit to sandringham for a similar phone number may help ;-)

can u sit down please wrote the following post at 30/12/2015 12:10 PM

What a stupid comment

McNally is a paid employee and as such has to do what the owners wish ?

Delia and Michael are too soft.David McNally is too hard.We need someone that is ''just right'' to please our fans.

"Just right" for some ain''t "just right" for others.

There''s definitely a good few on here who would prefer we got somebody " just wrong" 😄

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]can u sit down please wrote the following post at 30/12/2015 12:10 PM

What a stupid comment

McNally is a paid employee and as such has to do what the owners wish ?[/quote]

He is left to the day to day running of the club. Some absolute horror stories from employees like you and me. And some players....

Lady delia would prob cringe at things if she knew

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Gunthorpe"]can u sit down please wrote the following post at 30/12/2015 12:10 PM

What a stupid comment

McNally is a paid employee and as such has to do what the owners wish ?[/quote]

He is left to the day to day running of the club
. Some absolute horror stories from employees like you and me. And some players....

Lady delia would prob cringe at things if she knew[/quote]I don''t believe anyone has ever doubted that. But that is not at all the same as McNally always getting his own way over longer-term decisions. And anyone who thinks Ed Balls is not going to have a great deal to say on those crucial issues misjudges him, and the reason for his appointment.

The CEO is normally responsible for the day to day running of any business so anyone who criticises with that as a starting point can''t b taken seriously,

[quote user="T"]The CEO is normally responsible for the day to day running of any business so anyone who criticises with that as a starting point can''t b taken seriously,[/quote]

Haha here he is. It''s not a criticism, it was an opening statement which is a fact.

Keep your knickers on Dear T.

Good that you agree that CEO doing his job. My knickers are fine thanks although your interest in the knickers is somewhat perverse. You do seem bitter and twisted against an outperforming CEO People with inside knowledge blurting on the Intern never come out looking good in my experience.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 30/12/2015 12:35 PM:

Gunthorpe wrote:

can u sit down please wrote the following post at 30/12/2015 12:10 PM Our club is run like North Korea. McNally is untouchable. What a stupid comment McNally is a paid employee and as such has to do what the owners wish ?

He is left to the day to day running of the club. Some absolute horror stories from employees like you and me. And some players.... Lady delia would prob cringe at things if she knew

I don''t believe anyone has ever doubted that. But that is not at all the same as McNally always getting his own way over longer-term decisions. And anyone who thinks Ed Balls is not going to have a great deal to say on those crucial issues misjudges him, and the reason for his appointment.

Purple playing your little games again - all the above comments are not mine - I think you may have copied and pasted a few to try and discredit me - why would that be ?

And Purple - please expand on this comment - what are you claiming here ?

But that is not at all the same as McNally always getting his own way over longer-term decisions. And anyone who thinks Ed Balls is not going to have a great deal to say on those crucial issues misjudges him, and the reason for his appointment

Purple enlighten us all what is the real reason for Ed Balls appoint as you clearly know ?

Or are you making it up again ?

[quote user="T"]Good that you agree that CEO doing his job. My knickers are fine thanks although your interest in the knickers is somewhat perverse. You do seem bitter and twisted against an outperforming CEO People with inside knowledge blurting on the Intern never come out looking good in my experience.[/quote]

Then with your experience why get involved with them?

I''ve been on here years and get along fine. Thanks for your concern me old mucker 👍🏽

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 30/12/2015 12:35 PM:

Gunthorpe wrote:

can u sit down please wrote the following post at 30/12/2015 12:10 PM Our club is run like North Korea. McNally is untouchable. What a stupid comment McNally is a paid employee and as such has to do what the owners wish ?

He is left to the day to day running of the club. Some absolute horror stories from employees like you and me. And some players.... Lady delia would prob cringe at things if she knew

I don''t believe anyone has ever doubted that. But that is not at all the same as McNally always getting his own way over longer-term decisions. And anyone who thinks Ed Balls is not going to have a great deal to say on those crucial issues misjudges him, and the reason for his appointment.

Purple playing your little games again - all the above comments are not mine - I think you may have copied and pasted a few to try and discredit me - why would that be ?

And Purple - please expand on this comment - what are you claiming here ?

But that is not at all the same as McNally always getting his own way over longer-term decisions. And anyone who thinks Ed Balls is not going to have a great deal to say on those crucial issues misjudges him, and the reason for his appointment

Purple enlighten us all what is the real reason for Ed Balls appoint as you clearly know ?

Or are you making it up again ?[/quote]If you look again you will see the comment (highlighted in red) on which I commented (highlighted in purple) was clearly from cusdp and not from you. I hope this answer is succinct enough.

Purple again you have made a sweeping statement claiming to have inside knowledge but not disclosing it

What do you mean by this comment please

And Purple - please expand on this comment - what are you claiming here ? But that is not at all the same as McNally always getting his own way over longer-term decisions. And anyone who thinks Ed Balls is not going to have a great deal to say on those crucial issues misjudges him, and the reason for his appointment Purple enlighten us all what is the real reason for Ed Balls appoint as you clearly know ? Or are you making it up again ?

Newthorpe, or is it Gunton?1) Ed Balls spent 13 years as a key (probably the key) adviser to Gordon Brown, before and after Labour came to power. His job involved thinking strategically about how to manage the world''s fifth biggest economy. In other words, serious decisions about finance with enormous long-term implications.2) I and others in the Inner-Inner Circle understand that our board is contemplating ditching the purely "live within our means" model. In other words, a serious decison about finance with enormous long-term implications.It could be Ed Balls, with his new-found culinary interests, is just here to oversee an improvement in the production of sausage rolls. A more likely reason is his heavy-hitting economic background, with a specific and deliberate link between 1) and 2).

[quote user="Vanwink"]What''s your source for the " ditching of the purely live within our means model" Purple?[/quote]Vanwink, people occasionally tell me stuff precisely because they know I won''t reveal my sources. In this case I don''t think this is that much of a secret - others certainly know -  but I am not going to be the first to say where it comes from. I can say I am sure this idea of a policy switch, and it is only an idea and not a certainty, is.absolutely well-founded. This is not a piece of gossip that has passed through several hands and got mangled beyond recognition in the process.