Sign in to follow this  
Gainer the Gopher

Line up for Soton

Does AN stick with the team from Monday as much as possible (I think someone rang up a 5th yellow), or should changes be made? I say stick with it. While we looked poor going forward for much of the opening half, the line up solidified nicely and took control as the game progressed. Keep that chemistry flowing and we can get another clean sheet and hopefully some goals to go with it for an uncommon 2-game Prem. winning streak.

Opinions and options?

Has AN ever put out an unchanged team in consecutive matches? Genuine question, maybe someone can tell me.
Re. tomorrow''s team, I doubt it will be the same, but trying to second guess AN is a mug''s game. 

Got to agree with west coast, AN always changes his team to suit the way he wants to play each game. I like his style as it must keep the opposition guessing ax well as us fans!

Mbokani needs to play. I think we will have a fair share of the ball. Wes and Mbokani for me. Tough choice re Olsson. I think Olsson is such a weak link, so prefer Brady at LB, but got no natural leftsided mid, so may have to put Olsson in and Brady at LM.

Changed 😉

got with good authority (check this later 👍😉)

Rudd

martin,Bennett,Bassong,Brady

howson,oneil,tettey,Redmond,wes

mbokani

guessing Wes just behind, worried about mane&long,clasie though.... Otbc!

This will be a very different game to Villa as we''re facing a side which poses a far bigger threat. Not having a good away scoring record will mean that Southampton hope we attack so they can hit us on the break.I''d think that O''Neill will start this one to add a bit of guile and organisation, and Mulumbu too, with Hoolahan and Tettey returning to the bench.Jerome could start in order to hassle Southampton''s defence, create space and drop deep into midfield. Mbokani to come on in the second half in order to provide an outlet and/or get back into the game should we be behind.We should be looking to keep it tight and try to nick a goal.

[quote user="grefstad"]Mbokani needs to play. I think we will have a fair share of the ball. Wes and Mbokani for me. Tough choice re Olsson. I think Olsson is such a weak link, so prefer Brady at LB, but got no natural leftsided mid, so may have to put Olsson in and Brady at LM.[/quote]

Have you actually been to a game this season Martin Olson has been our most consistent defender. Brady has been poor the last 3 or 4 games missed a sitter at Watford to put us 1-0 up. Play Olsson and push Brady forward. If you are looking for weak links look at the RB position, Martin looks shaky, slow, caught out of position too much and his passing going forward is shocking for PL standard required.

Please don''t call Mbokani ''Dave'', Mr Jenkins.

As someone who grew up in a country where my real name was hard to pronounce (not that Mbokani is particularly hard, it''s read the same as it is spelt), I found it pretty offensive when people would give me a ''local'' name as they couldn''t be bothered to try and say my real one.

Also, Mbokani had a son called David who tragically died at a very young age - he may not wish to be reminded of this every time he plays.

I agree though that I want to see him start today, and also get a consistent run in the team - Norwich''s most threatening striker by far.

Martin Olsson is likely the worst, or one of the worst, left backs in the league. Seen numerous games with him doing his usual poor positional thing, playing others into trouble, slow thinking, etc.

Not good enough for us.

With Jarvis back, Olsson will be out of the team with Brady dropping back.

Jarvis still not ready for today but would still stick with Brady ahead of AWOL olsson.

Rudd

Wisdom Bennett seb Brady

Tettey. O''Neill

Howson. Wes. Redmond

Mbokani

With there having been a decent clear 4 days recovery, bar any knocks I can''t see why you''d really change a winning side, so personally I would go with the following;

Rudd

Martin Bennett Bassong Brady

Tettey

Howson Dorrans

Remond Hoolahan

Mbokani

[quote user="pliff"][quote user="grefstad"]Mbokani needs to play. I think we will have a fair share of the ball. Wes and Mbokani for me. Tough choice re Olsson. I think Olsson is such a weak link, so prefer Brady at LB, but got no natural leftsided mid, so may have to put Olsson in and Brady at LM.[/quote]

Have you actually been to a game this season Martin Olson has been our most consistent defender. Brady has been poor the last 3 or 4 games missed a sitter at Watford to put us 1-0 up. Play Olsson and push Brady forward. If you are looking for weak links look at the RB position, Martin looks shaky, slow, caught out of position too much and his passing going forward is shocking for PL standard required.[/quote]

Missed a sitter at Watford? I must have missed that one...

I do recall he got the ball on the left about 20 yards from goal and sliced it wide - but it was by no means any where near a ''sitter''. He still had a defender and the goalkeeper in front of him!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Please don''t call Mbokani ''Dave'', Mr Jenkins.

As someone who grew up in a country where my real name was hard to pronounce (not that Mbokani is particularly hard, it''s read the same as it is spelt), I found it pretty offensive when people would give me a ''local'' name as they couldn''t be bothered to try and say my real one.

Also, Mbokani had a son called David who tragically died at a very young age - he may not wish to be reminded of this every time he plays.

I agree though that I want to see him start today, and also get a consistent run in the team - Norwich''s most threatening striker by far.[/quote]

[Y] Well said.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Please don''t call Mbokani ''Dave'', Mr Jenkins.

I agree though that I want to see him start today, and also get a consistent run in the team - Norwich''s most threatening striker by far.[/quote]It seems like everyone is calling him Dave, no dispespect meant and all English tongue in cheek.I don''t think many knew about his son so, yeah, this may change people''s view. Anyway if he carries on like he did against Villa, then Dieu would be an appropriate shortening.As to today''s team I would like to see O''Neil back in running the midfield, Teetey/Mulumbu as his partner.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Please don''t call Mbokani ''Dave'', Mr Jenkins.

I agree though that I want to see him start today, and also get a consistent run in the team - Norwich''s most threatening striker by far.[/quote]It seems like everyone is calling him Dave, no dispespect meant and all English tongue in cheek.I don''t think many knew about his son so, yeah, this may change people''s view. Anyway if he carries on like he did against Villa, then Dieu would be an appropriate shortening.As to today''s team I would like to see O''Neil back in running the midfield, Teetey/Mulumbu as his partner. [/quote]Dieudonné "Dieumerci" Mbokani BezuaIt is a bit of a mouthful!

Sung to the tune of Volare, Mbokani could be a catchy tune to be sung at CR. Get it going Morty[:D]

To be fair, Mbokani isn''t very difficult to say or type, it''s not like we go around typing Luís Carlos Almeida da Cunha every time we want to speak about Nani, do we? (Yes, that is his real name!)

[quote user="Herman "]Sung to the tune of Volare, Mbokani could be a catchy tune to be sung at CR. Get it going Morty[:D][/quote]Will see what I can do, though where I sit isn''t too vocal. Apart from grumbling and shouting random, inane things.

--------------Ruddy----------------

Martin--Bennett--Bassong--Olsson

----------Dorrans--Mulumbu--------

Redmond-----Hoolahan------Brady

---------------Mbokani---------------

That''s what I''d like to see, but I think Tettey will start instead of Mulumbu.

Bethnal

Knew nothing about his family history and agree with your sentiment.

There is a chant about him now, ( just call him Dave),as you presumably know, which is why I lightheartedly used the expression.

In light of what you said he chant may be inappropriate.

Some have been calling him Mbok, which brings to mind Mmmm-bop by Hanson. The word, according to the lyrics, means an instant or a split second, as in, "he scored in an Mmmm-bop".

[quote user="canary_1902"]Norwich fans criticising other Norwich fans...

Typical pinkun. [/quote]No it isn''t, you''re wrong.

[quote user="daz"]

Changed 😉

got with good authority (check this later 👍😉)

Rudd

martin,Bennett,Bassong,Brady

howson,oneil,tettey,Redmond,wes

mbokani

guessing Wes just behind, worried about mane&long,clasie though.... Otbc!

[/quote]

That''s what I would be playing. Need some more grit in midfield for this game and Dorrans was poor against Villa. Howson played well enough to maintain a place on the wing and Hoolahan and Mbokani probably just about paved over the cracks of a poor attacking performance with that final burst of energy and goal when they noticed Jerome and Odjida were about to replace them.

The two goal score line was probably enough to make the management team overlook the woeful passing display as well.