Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Is It A Golden Opportunity Weekend?

Not many weekends line up just like this one for Norwich City. Of course, we are not betting favourites to beat Southampton but it''s fairly close odds ( 11-5 vs 7-5 for Southampton ). If we can do the business I''m licking my chops that all five other results will go as we would prefer them. The two Saturday games where the odds provide a bit of a toss-up are Sunderland/Villa And WBA/Stoke. Stoke have been tough to play against lately and a tie or Villa win at Sunderland will have us over the moon.   
The other odds:
West Ham Utd - Liverpool
Arsenal - Newcastle Utd ( 10-1 )
Leicester City - Bournemouth  ( 3-1 )
Sunderland - Aston Villa  (  6-4 & 11-5  respectively )
Manchester Utd - Swansea City  ( 13-2 )
Norwich City - Southampton
West Bromwich - Stoke City ( both 9-5 )
Watford  - Manchester City  

So, if things go our way tomorrow, we can watch the Sunday games in a relaxed manner knowing that a Spurs win at Goodison Park brings every team from Everton down to within our striking distance. I don''t normally allow my imagination to stretch this much in this crazy game where anything can happen but, this weekend for some reason, I want to dare to dream that the stars will line up perfectly to the benefit of Norwich City FC.  

Arsenal, Leicester and ManU should beat their opponents, but Swansea is a bogey team for ManU, and ManU have not won for 8 games...

Villa got 2 days more rest than Sunderland, and an away win is not enturely unlikely. Draw or Villa win suits us fine.

Would like WBA to be dragged down, so hoping for Stoke, and if we beat Soron, they are just 1 point ahead of us.

As you say, good chances for a good NCFC weekend.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Good op. Great to look at the possibilities positively. Can''t help thinking what would have happened if I''d started it though [;)]

[/quote]
Lakey, you must not allow your mind to meander toward those negative thoughts. Remember, it''s not always about you.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]Good op. Great to look at the possibilities positively. Can''t help thinking what would have happened if I''d started it though [;)]

[/quote]
Lakey, you must not allow your mind to meander toward those negative thoughts. Remember, it''s not always about you.
[/quote][:D]

You miserable binner bell end twunts! It''s idiotic to hope things go our way and stupid to call yourself a fan if you don''t. Sincerely,

The realists who know more than everyone else on here

[quote user="lake district canary"]Good op. Great to look at the possibilities positively. Can''t help thinking what would have happened if I''d started it though [;)][/quote]Great improvement Lakey. [Y]You almost made it through two lines before you mentioned "I".  [:S]

Ya, Southampton recently thrashed Arsenal 4-0, on their day they can be clinical scoring goals. City  beat Villa  comfortably  because Villa were terrible, City played poor. If we play on a par with the Villa game we could get a real thumping. Might be a golden weekend but city need a golden performance otherwise it may be a less than bronze weekend.

It appears to be a golden opportunity for a certain individual to make the thread all about them.

New year, same old.

Yes Yankee, I have cash on a Sunderland Villa draw and if Newcastle lose then a good result for us today will be a good thing for the league table and may also boost our signing power for the window.

I have ofcourse cash on a Sunderland win. If I lose the bet, It will be good for Ncfc.

If I win, good for the wallet.

[quote user="Darth Bor"]It appears to be a golden opportunity for a certain individual to make the thread all about them.

New year, same old.

Yes Yankee, I have cash on a Sunderland Villa draw and if Newcastle lose then a good result for us today will be a good thing for the league table and may also boost our signing power for the window.[/quote]New Year same old bor.  My comment was tongue in cheek.  Pity yours never are.

In a season that has been anything but predictable, it will be interesting to see if results actually go as expected for once.As for us, fingers crossed for a win today.  Might depend on which version of Southampton turns up. The one that beat Arsenal or the one struggling for form.

Hmmm...
Sunderland win, so Villa are doomed. Newcastle lose, which is good; Swansea lose, which is good; Bournemouth scrape a point thanks to a penalty save.
On balance, I''ll take that [Y]

Yes, Bor, not quite a Gold but I''ll give us a bronze. It''s beginning to add a little excitement into your Mini Relegation League. Who knows, we may not be far removed from someone starting a Mid-Table Sustainability League. 

Was really hoping for a Sunderland-Villa draw, but I imagine they will find the going returns to very tough once they get back to playing some "proper" teams.
They are away at Swansea & Spurs next - should hope that will result in "nil points"