Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Wolves - Whats all the fuss about?

When the odds came out for this season the relegated three were obviously up there, however im slightly surprised to see wolves so high; and in some cases favourites to go up. Having read message boards including this one the common fan seems to rate wolves as one of the teams to look out for.

Now I can happily see them as a playoff team, are they really good enough for the top two? They had a good finish to the season, but as far as im aware other than jackie mcnamara they havent bought anyone of note. And if you believe reports one of Carl Cort, Henri Camara and Kenny Miller will be gone by opening day.

So simply can someone please tell me why everyone considers them to be such a threat this season? As I said I can see playoffs easily for them but I dont see why they should be so highly rated.

they always think Wolves will go up. However they usually fail to achieve it and get knocked out on play offs. They could be contenders but they are still overrated

Wolves had an impressive second half of the season being beaten only once in 25 games, that of course makes them the "form" team of this league.

Add to that the Hoddle factor, (there are many who think he is an effective manager), and the result is their current odds.

Highly overrated certainly, but can be quite tough opposition - mostly because of their tendency to play hit and rush football and to use their muscle rather than their brains... maybe a bit unfair, as I''ve not seen them since Hoddle took over, but even so they''ve hardly got the world''s best manager there, have they?!

I think they''ll be up there, challenging for play-offs, but will probably fade away...

Problem is, its always so hard to know... I tipped Everton to struggle last season and look what happened! Mind you, I don''t think I was the only one......

[quote]Wolves had an impressive second half of the season being beaten only once in 25 games, that of course makes them the "form" team of this league. Add to that the Hoddle factor, (there are many who th...[/quote]

I am now off to the bookmakers to bet £100 that Wolves will not win the league.

Ok they were the "form" team at the end of last season but they really had nothing to play for and were under no pressure what so ever.  They went unbeaten for a long time but they did not win many.

Also, I would never under any circumstances want Hoddle to be the manager of any club I manage.  He is still living off his reputation as a player.  He seems to be disliked by most players he has managed and he just talks rubbish.  Anyone else remember the "Micheal Owen is not a natural goalscorer" comments?  Englands all time 3rd highest goalscorer is he not?

Wolves will not be Champions!

[quote]Wolves had an impressive second half of the season being beaten only once in 25 games, that of course makes them the "form" team of this league. Add to that the Hoddle factor, (there are many who th...[/quote]

It''s the same old problem with Wolves Jim, they believe they are legends, sadly though, it''s in their own minds, and they also believe they are still a huge club like Manure.

No wonder Hoddle went there!..

Young Wiz, a staunch City fan and member, works with their supporters in his job in the midlands. I''ll just say that they don''t like City much!.

According to young wiz, they believe they have a God given right to be in the premiership, not like us eh?.  

My brother, father and uncle are all wolves fans, therefore i follow them quite a lot as well.  They are a well-organised club with a good manager.  I would say that they definitely have the quality to win the league.  If you look at our squads, they are not that different. Where we have Huckerby, they have Seol, where we have Green, they have Murray, where we have Ashton, they have Miller, where we have MLJ/Drury, they have Clyde/Naylor.

I know which line up i''d rather have and its not the one which wears old gold and black!!!!!!

My point is, that both ourselves and Wolves are well-run clubs with dedicated fans and good managers. How anyone can rule out Wolves as automatic promotion contenders is beyond me.

I''ve now Hexed Wolves.

Like Ipswich last season, also hexed, they will fail, big time.

And Hoddle will now be sacked before Christmas.

The future is set, City will triumph!.

To Saint Canary and Wiz,

I was answering the question posed in the thread i:e "why are Wolves such short odds". Thus I gave the reasons they were such.

I was not endorsing their merits nor that of their manger. Bookies make odds on facts and figures not on likes or dislikes.