Sign in to follow this  
?

Well done!

Another thread to praise the lads to keep Bor happy!! Another grind out result, we were 2nd best at times but never really looked like conceding, great goal from Tettey, two in four from him now!!

OTBC

May the force be with you, Ron.
Believe me, had we lost today then this board would be lit up like a Christmas tree by now.
Let us raise a glass to absent friends; Gunthorpe, Ruthers, YellowFever, Canary_1902, Lewis_DW, BaldyBoy, Jimmy Smith, and all the usual suspects who crawl out from the woodwork when we have failed to win.
We will see them again this season and it would be nice to recognise them for what they are.
I find their lack of faith disturbing.

Oh OK Bor, if you insist I''ll have another glass of red!!!

Feeling extremely optimistic now for the rest of the season, as I said another ground out result is just what we need to stay up!

OTBC

Let all tonight then drink with me
To the football game we love,
And wish it may successful be
As other games of old,
And in one grand united toast
Join player, game and song
And fondly pledge your pride and toast
Success to the City club.

Squit, eloquently put, and I will join you in toasting success to the club we all love!

OTBC

3 wins from 4!! ''Twas a Merry Xmas and a happy new year.

I''m sure we shall see some "informed critiques" of the performance soon enough. Telling us things we already know and taking us places we have already been.

It was a quality 3 points, great change, impact by Vadis and great finish by Tettey.......agreed what a great Christmas and well done AN and the boys for backing up a great win at Old Trafford with two home wins.

We have improved so much since the calming influence of Benntt & Rudd at the back.

Would love a point at Stoke, don''t care about the cup, play the second 11 and rest the boys, well deserved break.

[quote user="Indy"]It was a quality 3 points, great change, impact by Vadis and great finish by Tettey.......agreed what a great Christmas and well done AN and the boys for backing up a great win at Old Trafford with two home wins.

We have improved so much since the calming influence of Benntt & Rudd at the back.

Would love a point at Stoke, don''t care about the cup, play the second 11 and rest the boys, well deserved break.[/quote]^^^This with knobs on.[:D]

A win, a clean sheet, 17 points to get between now and May (assuming 40=safety), what''s not to like?

At the risk of dragging up an old footballing cliché, Vadis is like the proverbial new signing, or will be if he keeps stepping up as he has been. Its been a long wait but he is looking good, wonder if he''ll get a start soon?

a crucial 3 points proving that results are far more important than performance or entertainment.

Great resilience today and a moment of quality from the impressive Vadis (must be close to a start in place of Howson now) and such power from Tettey - he is not all about the toe poke y''know.

Some breathing space a week to focus on the much needed incoming transfers COYY

Tbh forgot about the clean sheet! Maybe now the Journo''s/pundits can stop going on about the lack of clean sheets. Would guess with this result it puts us mid table in that regard!

Bor...

How have I been included in your post? Don''t get me wrong... I''m honoured that even after 3+ months of inactivity that you''ve remembered me.

Happy New Year.

Regarding the game - massive three points, a varied performance, Rudd, Brady and Bennett have really stepped up! Happy Canary. If we had lost I may have picked on Redmonds lack of attacking agency.

I crawl out come rain or shine. Great win today, thought vadis was magnificent when he came on! Seem to have subtlety tweaked our defensive game to allow them space but close down when needed whereas we were being overrun previously.

Glad we''ve got some points on the board before a tricky set of games. Feeling rather positive now.

Clean sheet, battling performance and Tettey curling a left footer into the top corner. Vadis had an impressive cameo. Good day even if it wasn''t the best game to watch. That''s two clean sheets and two wins in a row for the first time this season and we didn''t need to score 3 to win again.

Top save from Declan Rudd in the first-half when the scores level.Impressed with the work-rate of all the players today. Terrific win.

Just to add to your thread Ron, well done to the manager.

What a guy, he changes things, nobody knows what to expect, subs come on and it pays off for him, he''s made this a really exciting season for us.

To think that not long ago some were calling for his head, laughable.

Huge three points. Can''t help smiling thinking about a great goal we won the game with. The table is looking a lot nicer now than a few games ago. We seem to have got the balance between attack and defence spot on. A couple of signings to add to a decent squad and we will be fine.

A word about AN. After some criticism on here and local radio recently he has shown what a diamond we have managed to unearth. Long way to go I know but you get the sense that he could be something very special.

Excellent result and good all round performance. A fully fit Vadis is showing his worth, and his substition was right man at the right time.The whole team worked for the result and maintained their concentration, Alex Neil i sshowing he is no mug in this division.

What a massive 3 points that is. 23 points now so I think another 15 should be safe. League position and points tally will now look better for potential targets as well. Brilliant 😄

Also, bye bye Villa 😂😂😂

Have not really played good football overall over xmas / new year, but Alex tweaked the team these last few weeks and its made the difference. Binging in Ryan B  to CB was the first good move, pretty impressed by him, overall so much better than Russ at that position. But getting Declan Rudd in goal was to me the most positive thing. Dec  has just played so well, the guy has given his back four confidence, so teams like Villa and Southampton, where we should be doing better, at home, we are finally doing just that. Dave did ok up front again, Voo is finally getting some play time and starting to show some form, but Redders look out of touch.Long way to go, still only 6 points clear, and not getting to over enthusiastic, but even to an old pessimist  like me, 2 back to back wins at the Carra in the Prem and with clean sheets gives a warm glow feeling. Well done lads, well done Alex.