Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Points in second half of season

Also, second half of the season is where suspensions and injuries kicks in, and we have a pretty threadbare squad, also mentioned by AN.

If we have had 25p now, I would be pretty sure of survival. 20 is just a bit short, so it will likely be very nervy at the end.

Ok i will debate with you o wise one. So we have a ''threadbare squad'' which means you will be able to discuss in depth where exactly it is threadbare ?Oh and just for the avoidance of doubt i agree with Morty and several others about your stinking attitude towards those who do not subscribe to your views.

He certainly does have a point about the forum police, but I can help but think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig2tItOIRag

So, injury to a CB and a suspension to the other...that is a mini crisis for us at the moment. Espescially with Wisdom out injured as well.

[quote user="grefstad"]Also, second half of the season is where suspensions and injuries kicks in, and we have a pretty threadbare squad, also mentioned by AN.

If we have had 25p now, I would be pretty sure of survival. 20 is just a bit short, so it will likely be very nervy at the end.[/quote]

Based on your history of making stuff up and not being able to back it up it would be advisible to include a direct quote when saying that the manager says we have a threadbare squad. I''m not saying he didn''t but If you quote the manager you should be prepared to prove it.

An injury to Redmond while Jarvis is still out = mini crisis. No wingers as backup, and no pace.

So, TIL1010, our squad is threadbare, to the minimum, in relation to the system we want to play.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]Based on your history of making stuff up and not being able to back it up it would be advisible to include a direct quote when saying that the manager says we have a threadbare squad. I''m not saying he didn''t but If you quote the manager you should be prepared to prove it.[/quote]

Where is my history of "making things up"? Link to it

[quote user="grefstad"]An injury to Redmond while Jarvis is still out = mini crisis. No wingers as backup, and no pace.

So, TIL1010, our squad is threadbare, to the minimum, in relation to the system we want to play.[/quote]Based on your use of the word threadbare maybe you could name a Premiership club who would not be struggling if they suffered injuries to both their central defensive partners and two natural wide men.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="morty"]Perhaps if he wasn''t such an insulting pr1ck his threads wouldn''t get derailed.[/quote]

So Morty, the selfmade forum police, derails my threads because he thinks I''m an insulting pr1ck.

How about actually contributing instead of derailing everything?

As for insults, I give what I get, maybe more, and will continue to so as long as reasonable threads are being derailed by punks and forum thugs.[/quote]No, you''re not "giving what you get" you''re setting your stall out by being insulting to about 90% of the entire forum in your opening post, and pretty much every other post too.How about you stop being a pr1ck, and we''ll all get along much better?

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]Based on your history of making stuff up and not being able to back it up it would be advisible to include a direct quote when saying that the manager says we have a threadbare squad. I''m not saying he didn''t but If you quote the manager you should be prepared to prove it.[/quote]

Where is my history of "making things up"? Link to it[/quote]

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1/3320249/ShowPost.aspx#3320249You made stuff up in this one.

Not having enough defenders in case of a hypothetical situation, Wisdom is back and available by the way, doesn''t equate to a threadbare squad. We could do with an extra centre back that we all agree on. How ever most positions have players of similar quality who can step in and this has been seen so far. A few other positions could do with some more competition but 3 signings should do it and give us real depth. I would then only sign others if players of real quality became available at a good price with the aim of moving squad players on.

We have been competitive so far and we need to make a few incremental improvements rather than an overhaul of the squad. Even if the worst happens and we sign no one, there''s enough here to get another 20 points in the second half of the season.

"if you look hard enough"

That''s the problem, feedthewolf. Some people look too hard, hoping to be fake offended so they can whinge. Grefsted''s language is Norwegian, so give him a break if he''s not 100% with colloquial Enhlish. You know, like everyone on here is with me if I use an American term.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]"if you look hard enough"

That''s the problem, feedthewolf. Some people look too hard, hoping to be fake offended so they can whinge. Grefsted''s language is Norwegian, so give him a break if he''s not 100% with colloquial Enhlish. You know, like everyone on here is with me if I use an American term.[/quote]No, he is a genuine James Blunt, probably more so than you Houston.And thats saying something.

Well,

Taking into account the amount of points we have apparently dropped this first half of the season, with the so called easier fixtures at the start of the season (which by the way, wasn''t the case anyway, look how Palace and Leicester have done) we''ve still managed 20 points which is where we need to be.

There''s nothing to suggest we won''t achieve exactly the second in the second half.

Alex Neil on small and threadbare squad. For the sake of those who need proof of everything, and are too lazy to do a fecking Google search:

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/neil-hopes-quality-players-are-close-to-signing

I have not bothered to check, but I guess we have one of the smaller squads in the Prem. Did we register 25 players?

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]Grefstad is a negative nancy on Twitter too.[/quote]

Another who lack the understanding of the power of a good moan ;)

[quote user="grefstad"]I have not bothered to check, but I guess we have one of the smaller squads in the Prem. Did we register 25 players?[/quote]24.I thought you knew everything?Redmond was not part of the 25.

Playing poker in London, so while I am raking in the chips, I''m happy to see that Morty, for once, contributes with some proper info. Had to lure it out, but the guy''s got potential...

[quote user="grefstad"]Alex Neil on small and threadbare squad. For the sake of those who need proof of everything, and are too lazy to do a fecking Google search:

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/neil-hopes-quality-players-are-close-to-signing[/quote]

"Neil also added that when the transfer window opens in January he has

no plans to sell any of the current members of his Canaries squad with

the club currently 15th in the table with 20 points.

He added: “We have a strong club at the moment and we want to try and add to it.

“We will certainly need to bring some new players in before we even

think about letting any players leave because the squad is so small.”

There is a difference between ''threadbare'' and ''small'', you see I did a search on ''Alex Neill'' and ''threadbare'' and couldn''t find one, it seems that you couldn''t as well so we can only assume that yopu made that bit up.

Further down in the article, the word "threadbare" is mentioned. Admittedly, probably the journalists choice of word, but nevertheless AN says "so small", so my point is valid. He thinks the squad is very small.

Choosing to make a dig at me for this is just childish, and makes you just look stupid. Your choice, not mine.

[quote user="grefstad"]Playing poker in London, so while I am raking in the chips, I''m happy to see that Morty, for once, contributes with some proper info. Had to lure it out, but the guy''s got potential...[/quote]So as you''re in the country you''ll be at the game tomorrow, it would be a shame to come all the way from Norway and not take in a game, you''re only a couple of hours away.

[quote user="grefstad"]Further down in the article, the word "threadbare" is mentioned. Admittedly, probably the journalists choice of word, but nevertheless AN says "so small", so my point is valid. He thinks the squad is very small.

Choosing to make a dig at me for this is just childish, and makes you just look stupid. Your choice, not mine.[/quote]

So it''s childish to be accurate?

[quote user="grefstad"]Playing poker in London, so while I am raking in the chips, I''m happy to see that Morty, for once, contributes with some proper info. Had to lure it out, but the guy''s got potential...[/quote]Pushed it too far this time. I call troll.