Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Points in second half of season

Away games: Stoke, Bournemouth, Aston Villa, Leicester, Swansea, West Brom, Crystal Palace, Arsenal, Everton

Home games: Southampton, Liverpool, Tottenham, West Ham, Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle, Sunderland, Watford, Man U

Apart from the usuals suspects sticking their heads in the sand to "see what comes along", where do you see 20 points coming from?

We got tough home games, but mye guess is:

Soton 1p

Liverpool 1p

Tottenham 0p

West Ham 3p

Chelsea 0p

Man C 0p

Newcastle 3p

Sunderland 3p

Watford 1p

Man U 0p

Thats 12p from home games, meaning we need 8p from away games, if my home predictions are reasonably correct.

That means 2 away wins, but it will be hard. Swans and Bournemouth perhaps most likely.

Discuss

I think Villa and WBA are 2 games we will win as well. There''s going to be a couple of results we will get that were unexpected (as we did with Man U) and also games we lose that we should win on paper. Having said that I am confident we will stay up with 42 points.

Ten hours into the New Year and the usual negative approach from Grefstad. Some things will never change ! I await the usual happy clapper response.

Our points haul against Watford and ManU at home may well be better than the meagre 1p I have predicted as well. Depends on where they are in the tables at that late stage of the season. We can hope Watford is safe in midtable, and ManU without hope of CL qual.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Ten hours into the New Year and the usual negative approach from Grefstad. Some things will never change ! I await the usual happy clapper response.[/quote]

Dont even try to ruin this thread with your dross. No negativity here, only realism. But you would rather have head-in-the-sand, right? Stupidity not likely to abandon the useless TIL in 2016 either.

We''ve got some tough home and some tough away games, it''s called being in the Premier League.Anyone who thinks that they can predict what''s going to happen hasn''t been paying attention in the first half of the season.

I confidently predict we''ll win some games, lose some others & draw the rest. As to which ones they are, I haven''t a clue.

Think I''ll watch & find out.

[quote user="alartz"]All depends on this transfer window. [/quote]Or maybe not - we could spend millions on players who don''t cut itLook around the PL at all the multi million players who have failed this season - the whole Chelsea squad for a start. On the other hand, our current players might just step up to the plate & do the business.Nothing is gauranteed in the PL this season.

Just for clarity, who are " the usuals suspects sticking their heads in the sand to "see what comes along"?

[quote user="morty"]Just for clarity, who are " the usuals suspects sticking their heads in the sand to "see what comes along"?[/quote]

First rule of " the usuals suspects sticking their heads in the sand to "see what comes along" club ......................

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="morty"]Just for clarity, who are " the usuals suspects sticking their heads in the sand to "see what comes along"?[/quote]

First rule of " the usuals suspects sticking their heads in the sand to "see what comes along" club ......................

[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Head-in-sand_zps56abc8b7.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Head-in-sand_zps56abc8b7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I love predictions  so here''s my guess
Soton 3pt
Liverpool 1pt 
Tottenham 0pt 
West Ham 3pt 
Chelsea 1pt 
Man C 0pts 
Newcastle 3pts 
Sunderland 3pts 
Watford 1pt 
Man U 1pt
Thats 16 pts leaving us only 4 pts to find from the away games which I think we''ll do

Considering how our ''disastrous'' and ''shambolic'' summer transfer dealings got us to the half way mark, leaving us in a position that most would have accepted at the beginning of the season, a couple of quality additions, in defence and up front, should see us safely over the line.As to points predictions, who knows. Teams like Liverpool, Chelsea and United could hit top form, while Leicester, Palace and Spurs could tail off badly.

Ten hours into the New Year and the usual negative approach from Grefstad. Some things will never change ! I await the usual happy clapper response.

10 hours into the New Year and the usual reading things that aren''t there in a failed attempt to derail a reasonable thread that''s actually just a bit of fun.

Grefstad, I think your over rating the difficulty of the away part of the schedule. You may also be under rating us when it comes to

challenging teams like Chelsea at home. They''ve done nothing on the field this season to indicate they deserve any more respect

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Ten hours into the New Year and the usual negative approach from Grefstad. Some things will never change ! I await the usual happy clapper response.

10 hours into the New Year and the usual reading things that aren''t there in a failed attempt to derail a reasonable thread that''s actually just a bit of fun.

Grefstad, I think your over rating the difficulty of the away part of the schedule. You may also be under rating us when it comes to

challenging teams like Chelsea at home. They''ve done nothing on the field this season to indicate they deserve any more respect[/quote]Perhaps if he wasn''t such an insulting pr1ck his threads wouldn''t get derailed.

Well we played all these teams in the first half of the season and were in my opinion slightly unlucky to only end up with 20 points so I see no reason why we couldn''t accrue at least that many again in the second half of the season. What makes you think we''ll be worse with a manager who''s got slightly more experience seems to learn from his mistakes and hopefully a moderately better set of players to choose from?

Considering many had us relegated before a ball was kicked , due to our ''''''disastrous summer transfer window'''', 20 pts from our first 19 games is not such a bad tally.

We have gone toe to toe with the ''big boys'' and come out of those games either with points or a modicum of self respect and confidence intact. Sure we''ve had a couple of slip ups, Newcastle especially, but so have Man Citeh, Arsenal et al.

We are NOT one of the Clubs that are labelled as ''in freefall'', imploding , or even underperforming. In fact ,we are a club on the UP, in a tough League, looking to strengthen a squad that has been rotated well.

I expect we will achieve a similar pts total from the second half of the season, leaving us at around 40 pts, maybe a few more. Should be enough to survive. If others arrive to '' help the lads out'' and slot in well, then i see no reason why we cant improve on the first 19 games.

There are few , if any ,teams in the Premier League this year that look a ''Class Apart''. and this can only be a good thing as unexpected results muddy the prediction waters further.

If we dont accrue enough pts to stay up then so be it, but AN is doing a good job, the man has definitely got summat about him, i reckon he''ll steer us to somewhere between 19 and 24 pts from the last 19 games. Its gonna be nervy at times , but thats exciting, isnt it?

I still see us finishing 15th on 39-41 points and some fun and games in March and early April as we flirt with 18th place more than is good for those with a weak disposition.
Villa will do well to get 30, Sunderland 35.
On this forum, I predict that the pant-wetters will be back out in force, aided by an alliance with the closet binners and the multiple account trolls.  Many of "the missing" will also return on the back of a bad result or two.

I''m confident we will get at least 18pts in remaining fixtures which I think will just about be enough to keep us up, a couple of unexpected wins would have a massive impact. It shows the value of putting together little runs, a five or six game unbeaten run would almost get us across the line, that would be just perfect.

[quote user="funny old game"]I''m confident we will get at least 18pts in remaining fixtures which I think will just about be enough to keep us up, a couple of unexpected wins would have a massive impact. It shows the value of putting together little runs, a five or six game unbeaten run would almost get us across the line, that would be just perfect.[/quote]r

Of course that doesn''t mean 6 draws!! It would need 2/3 wins to have a major impact

Given that we managed to get 20 points from our first 19 games it is reasonable to assume we could do the same from the last 19, particularly given the unpredictable nature of the Premiership this season. The big question is do we need to get 40 points to stay up?, my feeling on that at the moment is that 37/38 points could be enough.

It is good that the OP is concentrating on the stats that really matter.......

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Ten hours into the New Year and the usual negative approach from Grefstad. Some things will never change ! I await the usual happy clapper response.[/quote]I normally agree that Grefstad is negative but I dont see how this thread is?It''s just a prediction thread lol

[quote user="canary_1902"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Ten hours into the New Year and the usual negative approach from Grefstad. Some things will never change ! I await the usual happy clapper response.[/quote]I normally agree that Grefstad is negative but I dont see how this thread is?It''s just a prediction thread lol[/quote]Because in pretty much every post, our resident genius has to take the opportunity to remind us either how intelligent and correct he is, or how inconsequential or incorrect other people''s opinions are. He just can''t help himself, bless him. To be fair, his barbed comment was pretty well hidden among what was, as you say, ''just a prediction thread''. But it''s always there if you look hard enough:[quote user="grefstad"]Apart from the usuals suspects sticking their heads in the sand to "see

what comes along", where do you see 20 points coming from?[/quote]That includes you, by the way. Unless you sycophantically agree with whatever he says, you too are part of the ''great unwashed''. When your only allies are those people who agree with your opinions unequivocally, and most of your opinions are dull and blinkered, the sad truth is that you have no allies. Not one. Sad little man.

[quote user="morty"]Perhaps if he wasn''t such an insulting pr1ck his threads wouldn''t get derailed.[/quote]

So Morty, the selfmade forum police, derails my threads because he thinks I''m an insulting pr1ck.

How about actually contributing instead of derailing everything?

As for insults, I give what I get, maybe more, and will continue to so as long as reasonable threads are being derailed by punks and forum thugs.

Back to the thread:

As for points tally, I feel we should have had around 25points by now, and our favourable fixtures at the start of the season did not produce enough points in the bank.

Also, come the end of the season, it is hugely important WHEN you play teams, as they may have nothing to play for, or all to play for.

The Sunderland, Newcastle, and Watford games will make or break our season due to the games being played late in the season.

Hopefully ManU and Everton have nothing to play for when we face them again.