Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

If Rudd had...

I am very proud of Rudd as he is an academy player. A rare event nowadays sadly. I feel totally confident that he will continue to improve as well. He has taken to this league like a duck to water. Brilliant.

That does not mean that we have to turn against Ruddy. Instead we could celebrate our squads depth.

You do realise John Ruddy isn''t inept? He was in goal for the rest of the games...

Plus the team set-up has changed in recent months, which has also helped our defence.

I find it quite insulting some of the comments aimed at John Ruddy! We wouldn''t be in the Championship, let alone the Premier League without him.

Yes Declan is playing out of his skin, and rightly getting countless man of the match awards. Ruddy has been dropped due to tactics and form, he''s not automatically become rubbish and this also doesn''t mean he''ll be sold!

[quote user="bristolcanary"]I am very proud of Rudd as he is an academy player. A rare event nowadays sadly. I feel totally confident that he will continue to improve as well. He has taken to this league like a duck to water. Brilliant.

That does not mean that we have to turn against Ruddy. Instead we could celebrate our squads depth.[/quote]^^^ Very much this.

We''re blessed with 2 great keepers

Hypothetical past situations are the solace of the mentally weak

It''s all ifs and ands...If Jerome had scored more of his chances.If Whittaker hadn''t been sent off.If Alex hadn''t subbed Tettey.Etc. etc. etc.There''s no sensible way that we can blame one person for where we are.

[quote user="Herman "]It''s all ifs and ands...If Jerome had scored more of his chances.If Whittaker hadn''t been sent off.If Alex hadn''t subbed Tettey.Etc. etc. etc.There''s no sensible way that we can blame one person for where we are.[/quote]If Snoddy had let Ricky take that pen [;)]

Fans have very short memories suddenly Ruddy must be rubbish because he''s been dropped and yet he kept us in many a game for the last five years.What i will say though is that Rudd seems much more decisive and certainly more agile so for the moment i''m happy he''s the no 1

People should remember that Ruddy played behind an unsettled and changing back four, also with Russell Martin infront of him. We now have probably the best back four playing together that are available and it makes the job slightly easier for the keeper. I do however agree Declan has done very well since he came in. Isn`t 14th about where we would expect to be about now regardless of who was in goal.

Yes, I hear you, Ruddy is not rubbish. BUT Rudd is very, very good (at Preston he was MOTM virtually every other match). With him. In from the beginning we would have had another 4-6 points. Without Ruddy and Rudd we would probably be where Villa are. It''s all relative but Rudd commands whereas Ruddy saves., figuratively speaking IMO.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]Been in goal all season where would we be now in the PL?[/quote]exactly where we are now... if the 10 players infront of Rudd/Ruddy didn''t let the ball past them we wouldn''t need a goalkeeper would we?