Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

steven naismith signing for £8 million

[quote user="grefstad"]However much you try to convince yourself about the excellence of Norwich as a city, or area, the fact is that it is seen as a backwater. Which is also probably is, compared to other parts of England. [/quote]It''s probably nothing to do with Norwich - most footballers like to

"play away from home" so they look at the map & see that Ipswich is the nearest place to go [;)]

Such a lot of old rubbish talk in this topic. Nobody knows what will happen yet, not even Naismith himself. Naismith to Norwich has always been a non starter simply because the guy  has to sit down with his manager somewhere mid month and discuss his future there at Everton. The most factual comment ive read about this whole Naismith story is from our own manager, who after all is the main guy at City who has the say who comes in or who doesnt. Someone tried to ask him about Naismith...Alex simply said "Its nothing to do with me". Thats it in truth, until Steven Naismith himself knows whats happening with his career at Everton, its nothing to do with Norwich City.

Well if he doesn''t like a relegation clause and/or sees living in Norfolk as an issue, he can just feck off. We want hungry players who actually want to play football and win matches, not some hot shot just here for the money and a good night out. As it stands midfield is arguably where we have the most quality and competition for places, so he''s no guarantee of a place anyway and £8m for a bench warmer might be a bit steep.

[quote user="Buh"]Norwich > Arctic Tundra[/quote]

Well...I live in a city probably double the size of Norwich. Hardly a "tundra". Ignorance kicking in again?

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Buh"]Norwich > Arctic Tundra[/quote]

Well...I live in a city probably double the size of Norwich. Hardly a "tundra". Ignorance kicking in again?[/quote]Bergen is a turdhole, I have been.And your beer is the worst I have ever tasted.

"Well...I live in a city probably double the size of Norwich. Hardly a "tundra". Ignorance kicking in again?"

There are no Norwegian cities that are double the size of Norwich. Oslo is roughly four times the size, Bergen is slightly larger and the rest are smaller.

Bet the Penguins think it''s great mate

You got a semi-detached or detached igloo?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Buh"]Norwich > Arctic Tundra[/quote]

Well...I live in a city probably double the size of Norwich. Hardly a "tundra". Ignorance kicking in again?[/quote]Bergen is a turdhole, I have been.And your beer is the worst I have ever tasted.[/quote]

That''s a bit harsh having spent many days in Bergen, Trondheim, kongsberg, Oslo and Stavanger all excellent places. Still I can only say Oslo is bigger than Norwich, so not sure where gref lives!

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Buh"]Norwich > Arctic Tundra[/quote]

Well...I live in a city probably double the size of Norwich. Hardly a "tundra". Ignorance kicking in again?[/quote]Bergen is a turdhole, I have been.And your beer is the worst I have ever tasted.[/quote]

That''s a bit harsh having spent many days in Bergen, Trondheim, kongsberg, Oslo and Stavanger all excellent places. Still I can only say Oslo is bigger than Norwich, so not sure where gref lives![/quote]He lives up his own ar$e, thats where.

Mind you I''m glad I was on expenses paid every time in Norway.....bloody expensive and when with clients they can drink!

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Buh"]Norwich > Arctic Tundra[/quote]

Well...I live in a city probably double the size of Norwich. Hardly a "tundra". Ignorance kicking in again?[/quote]Making stuff up again.This is what happens when you come from a place thats proud of it''s Leprosy Museum.

I can''t wait to book my next holiday to Norway

Endless miles of snowy wastes

Or I could stay at home and watch Thor and have a Sauna.

Norfolk is brilliant, awesome, fantastic

But these footballers want Maserati dealerships and overpriced nightclubs, not the Norfolk broads.

The way other clubs in the same situation get around this is to pay players out the arrse to go there

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Lol at the responses, said it was tin hat time! Yes any club in our position would insert a relegation clause in a contract but the thing is the Player doesn''t and won''t accept it so end of deal. We will see come 1 st Feb who''s right. BTW RVW didn''t have a relegation clause in his contract either, fortunately we were able to farm him out on loan the last two seasons! There was another player two seasons ago who also didn''t have a clause but never found out who it was, my initial thoughts it was Bassong but was never sure.

As for a name/sauce, yea of course I''m going to tell you it was Jamie the lawyer and McNally''s secretary! BTW for you all, Jamie the lawyer has left the club! Whilst on about people leaving does anyone kjnow why Neil Reynolds left the physio job at the end of last season?????[/quote]

Hope the deal isn''t dead and that we still sign Naismith.

As for RVW and Bassong not having relegation clauses. That''s a big call to make. Not arguing with the validity of whoever your source maybe. But Bowkett and McNally told shareholders that all our players had those clauses. So if they are found to be lying you could at long last find a way to get at McNally. You''ve been trying long enough...

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]With regard to the Norwich airport debate, it is a "hub" for Schipol, a quick hop across the North Sea (as quick as driving to Stansted), which basically gives you access to almost anywhere in the world.............[/quote]True, but it doesn''t cost £200 to get to Stansted & back

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]With regard to the Norwich airport debate, it is a "hub" for Schipol, a quick hop across the North Sea (as quick as driving to Stansted), which basically gives you access to almost anywhere in the world.............[/quote]True, but it doesn''t cost £200 to get to Stansted & back[/quote]Technically it makes Norwich City extremely attractive to Dutch based players though, I remember seeing Fer and Wolfie at Norwich airport, obviously popping home for a few days.

Making plans I''m sure £200 for convenience of flying locally is no big deal when earning £30,000 a week. Plus flying through Schipol I have always found to be quicker and easier than from the London airports.

For Grefstad :- Idont know about area but populations are as follows...Bergen..Urban area 250,420 (q3 2015), Municipality  area 277,378.Norwich. Central Area 132,000 (Official 2011 Census) Urban Area 213,166 (ditto), TTW area,equivalent to bergen municipality, 299,000 (2015 est.)

Another useless piece of trivia that has nothin to do with Steven Naismith lol...Worlds largest city in terms of population is thought to be Tokyo, Japan at around 35 million. Worlds biggest City in terms of  land area is Sydney, Australia which has a land area 3 times that of Tokyo but only a population of 3 million. Aussies obviously like  big gardens lol.

[quote user="Dead Canary"]Plus flying through Schipol I have always found to be quicker and easier than from the London airports.[/quote]So you catch the 09.45 from Norwich and arrive in Schipol around 11.00 (the next departure from Norwich is at 17.15 arriving around 18.30)Your connecting flight to your ultimate destination takes off from Schipol at 17.00.How is sitting in Schipol for 6 or 7 hours quicker.

[quote user="morty"]Technically it makes Norwich City extremely attractive to Dutch based players though, I remember seeing Fer and Wolfie at Norwich airport, obviously popping home for a few days.[/quote]Shame they didn''t buy a one way ticket

Nice hypothetical MP and yes I''m sure that can happen in which case it would be easier to get to a London airport in which case it isn''t exactly much of a trek from Norwich. I meant quicker and easier in terms of getting through customs and check in though and Schipol is an airport where you can get to anywhere in the world. Flying from Norwich is incredibly easy and if it falls right you can get to the airport, check in and be in Schipol ready for your flight quicker than you can drive or get a train to Stansted.

Norwich links are fine for foreigners if you are Dutch. Otherwise it is a real pain to get to from mainland Europe given the lack of direct flights. Takes a day to get to mainland Europe where a night out from Manchester, Birmingham or London is easily doable. Norwich , Not an attractive destination for foreigners because of poor transport links. Limited shopping for their partners and limited nightlife.

[quote user="T"]Norwich links are fine for foreigners if you are Dutch. Otherwise it is a real pain to get to from mainland Europe given the lack of direct flights. Takes a day to get to mainland Europe where a night out from Manchester, Birmingham or London is easily doable. Norwich , Not an attractive destination for foreigners because of poor transport links. Limited shopping for their partners and limited nightlife.[/quote]Do you live in Norwich at all?

I don''t buy the limited shopping or nightlife idea as being that big a deal when a player decides to join. This image that all footballers and their partners want is to get pissed and go shopping may be true of some players but like in any profession everyone makes different lifestyle choices. If that''s all a player is looking for when joining a club then we don''t want them anyway.

As for Norwich shopping it is pretty highly regarded. In 2014 the Lanes won the British high street of the year award because of the quality of independent retailers. Also Norwich is well known as a shopping destination with people visiting the city from all over East Anglia. Yes we don''t have what London has but I''m sure we compare very favourably with many other larger cities.