Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

steven naismith signing for £8 million

First of all, Naismith isn''t lazy, he is a hard worker. All Everton fans, managers, staff, pundits have all said the same. I doubt Jaemae is correct ahead of them.
Secondly, if NCFC fans think we''re going to sign anyone better than him in the window then you need to re-visit the words ''expectation'' and ''reality''.

"Martinez to discuss Naismith’s future with the player over the next couple of weeks."

From Everton Twitter

[quote user="Captain Canary"]A hard working striker who can''t score goals. Do you honestly think this is what we need??!!!!??!!!?[/quote]

So Wes Hoolahan then...

[quote user="hogesar"]First of all, Naismith isn''t lazy, he is a hard worker. All Everton fans, managers, staff, pundits have all said the same. I doubt Jaemae is correct ahead of them.
Secondly, if NCFC fans think we''re going to sign anyone better than him in the window then you need to re-visit the words ''expectation'' and ''reality''.
[/quote]

THIS ^^^^^

Naismith offers far more than Grabban, Hooper and Lafferty.

If Norwich get dragged into and end of season relegation battle, rest assured Naismith and Brady are just the sort of players you would want in the team.

Naismith offers drive, determination, work-rate, and an ability to find the back of the net at PL level, something the other three certainly don''t.

It will also be a boost to the player to have a manager that is clearly determined to sign him, rather than have a manager that shows little faith in him.

[quote user="unique"]Naismith offers far more than Grabban, Hooper and Lafferty.

If Norwich get dragged into and end of season relegation battle, rest assured Naismith and Brady are just the sort of players you would want in the team.

Naismith offers drive, determination, work-rate, and an ability to find the back of the net at PL level, something the other three certainly don''t.

It will also be a boost to the player to have a manager that is clearly determined to sign him, rather than have a manager that shows little faith in him.[/quote]^^^ Very much this.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Anyone at Morrisons today ?[/quote]I am popping in later on, will keep my eyes peeled.

[quote user="hogesar"]If Carl Court or Shola Ameobi are there again Morty there has to be something in it![/quote][:D]

If someone can keep at watch at Norwich Airport too for club-chartered private jets arriving we should have every base covered...

Apples

[quote user="hogesar"]First of all, Naismith isn''t lazy, he is a hard worker. All Everton fans, managers, staff, pundits have all said the same. I doubt Jaemae is correct ahead of them.
[/quote]Doubt??

[quote user="kirku"]"Martinez to discuss Naismith’s future with the player over the next couple of weeks."

From Everton Twitter[/quote]Ipointed this out dinner time yesterday from a report in the Liverpool Echo, this is a long way from being a done deal, yes City are interested and yes they have seemingly offered 8mill, but right now thats all it is. Martinez is determined to sit down with Naismith sometime in next few weeks, so anything could happen. By sound of things we could be quite a way into January before we know one way or the other.

Will be a great signing but will naturally be delayed by the usual transfer BS. Fans will naturally assume that it will be done January 2nd.

From SSN 11.34:

Everton manager

Roberto Martinez has confirmed Steven

Naismith
''s future will be decided over the next couple of weeks.

Norwich had a

£7m bid for the Scotland international turned down in the summer, but Sky sources understand they are one of a number of clubs

interested in signing Naismith
in

January.

Martinez told the club''s official website: "We all

know that Norwich showed their interest in the previous window and it was

something that I am sure was going to come out again in January.

"Clearly in January we will sit down and know

exactly what the future holds for Steven and what is in the best interests for

both parties."

Yeah that doesn''t sound good at all what''s been said today.

Just waiting for Bournemouth to come in and bid £12 million and offer him double the wages, you wait!

i dont think Martinez''s timeframe of a couple of weeks is too surprising....they have a two legged league cup semi final coming up in January that you''d imagine he would want a full squad for before letting anyone out......wouldnt be surprised if thi sent all the way to the last day of January.

£8 Million is a lot of money for us and for that kind of money I''d expect it to be a player who is one of the ''first names on the team sheets''I''m not sure Naismith is that player.

[quote user="CDMullins"]£8 Million is a lot of money for us and for that kind of money I''d expect it to be a player who is one of the ''first names on the team sheets''I''m not sure Naismith is that player.[/quote]You don''t get much for £8 million these days so its about the right price , still wouldn''t expect Naismith to be as effective playing for City as he is in that star studded Everton line up . We still need a new striker somebody who scores on a regular basis , Jerome,Mbokani and Grabban just do not do that .

Hmm well personally, untill I hear reports of Mcnallys hastily parked car on the pavement outside of the city stand again, I''m not believing any of it...

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]I have from a decent source that the deal was done the weekend we played Everton, allegedly Naismith and his agent stayed down that weekend.

But great signing i agree.[/quote]
Maybe find another source [:)] because his manager says no deal has been done and wont be done for at least a couple of weeks

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="CDMullins"]£8 Million is a lot of money for us and for that kind of money I''d expect it to be a player who is one of the ''first names on the team sheets''I''m not sure Naismith is that player.[/quote]You don''t get much for £8 million these days so its about the right price , still wouldn''t expect Naismith to be as effective playing for City as he is in that star studded Everton line up . We still need a new striker somebody who scores on a regular basis , Jerome,Mbokani and Grabban just do not do that .[/quote]
Mbokani averages a goal every 164 minutes, which is better than a 1 in 2 strike rate. For comparison Lukaku who is top scorer in the Prem averages a goal every 111 minutes.
I think Mbokani could be that guy, particularly if we add more weapons around him.

[quote user="CDMullins"]£8 Million is a lot of money for us and for that kind of money I''d expect it to be a player who is one of the ''first names on the team sheets''I''m not sure Naismith is that player.[/quote]Just to put some perspective into the market these days, Bournemouth paid £8 Million for Tyrone Mings.It is what it is.

[quote user="jaemae2"]"Tettey''s Jig"Fair enough... when was the last one? I don''t remember him being out for ages apart from a couple of seasons ago.

I am a bit surprised at the lack of assists as the guy above stated though, thought he''d have more.

He''s lazy and doesn''t involve himself much. All this BS about him being a hardworker is hilarious. He is very intelligent and reads the game better than most, his best asset is finding himself in the right place for a shot than anything else.

He''ll link up play more than playmake. Pass and move rather than finding a defense unlocking pass.[/quote]

What an idiot! "He''s lazy and doesn''t involve himself much". Why not go the whole hog and call him lightweight as well?

[quote user="stewfil"]I wonder if Alex Neil or any of our scouts have watched him before deciding to make a bid???[/quote]

I wouldn''t have thought so. Why on earth would they want to do that? Jesus !!

[quote user="unique"]Naismith offers far more than Grabban, Hooper and Lafferty.

Is that the same Brady that we paid "far too much" for?

It will also be a boost to the player to have a manager that is clearly determined to sign him, rather than have a manager that shows little faith in him.[/quote]