Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

steven naismith signing for £8 million

A 21 year old that is on 30k a week isn''t interested in the rows lol

If you like good food and going out to eat too Norwich also has more AA Rosettes per person than anywhere in the country including London. That''s before you even include places like Shiki and Take Thai which serves delicious authentic food.

I grew up in the area and have visited lot of times. I''d agree it might not be a factor for some players but some like to live the high life and often their partners make the decision. If that decision is about a place to live with a family then that may play in the clubs favour. If it about going out and spending those wages then I''m sorry Norwich is very limited compared to various other cities. I''m not knocking it, I''m still fond of Norwich and it is som I would consider for retirement bur the reality is that the not an exciting or convenient destination for outsiders.

[quote user="T"]I grew up in the area and have visited lot of times. I''d agree it might not be a factor for some players but some like to live the high life and often their partners make the decision. If that decision is about a place to live with a family then that may play in the clubs favour. If it about going out and spending those wages then I''m sorry Norwich is very limited compared to various other cities. I''m not knocking it, I''m still fond of Norwich and it is som I would consider for retirement bur the reality is that the not an exciting or convenient destination for outsiders.[/quote]

What is it about these ''various other cities'' (can you name them?) that makes Norwich ''very limited''. Whenever I travel the main conclusion is that they''re all much the same.

I''d agree it is a lot like other provincial cities but Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Manchester, Sydney, Munich and in particular London and New York it is not. They have genuine international airports for a start and a lot more choice and variety where as norwich offers such delights as Prince of Wales Road. Don''t get over sensitive because I still still like the place but an international jet set city it is not.

One of the hardest jobs McNally and co have to do is find out the best way of selling the club to potential new signings.
Not sure what we do at the moment but even things like offering to pay and organise the other half and kids to come down for a couple of days, 5* hotel or apartment and tour around the city etc.
Norwich is a great place but I do think it''s only really going to lend itself to players with a family, or at least a settled couple.
I see the location as a negative for us trying to sign the next foreign wonderkid but a positive for the more experience players with a family etc.

Agreed that is my perception and Big Sam who li to wheel and deal agrees. Certainly working on a global organisation we find it difficult to move people internationally outside of the big popular tourist destination cities and I would be surprised if location is also not a consideration for footballers just like anyone else.

[quote user="hogesar"]One of the hardest jobs McNally and co have to do is find out the best way of selling the club to potential new signings.
Not sure what we do at the moment but even things like offering to pay and organise the other half and kids to come down for a couple of days, 5* hotel or apartment and tour around the city etc.
Norwich is a great place but I do think it''s only really going to lend itself to players with a family, or at least a settled couple.
I see the location as a negative for us trying to sign the next foreign wonderkid but a positive for the more experience players with a family etc.
[/quote]

Spot on!

Well seems one young Portuguese guy plying his trade with Zagreb in Croatia has found his way to Norfolk and has been in the City for 5 days, signing on the line in the morning. Very welcome will he be to. City at least getting a non loan defender in is good start to the month along with Matty Jarvis. Seems Kyle is finally heading to Leeds in the coming days to so, things are happening at last. Anyway, if Ivo is happy to sign for us, there may be others to, lets make it so.

And back on topic, Steven Naismith not named in the Everton squad today!!

Was flicking through the Sunday papers without my glasses so could be wrong but one paper linked us with a Sheff Wed player possibly Barry Bannan ?

Ha, Martinez said he wanted to discuss Naysmiths future after the heavy fixture schedule, and then doesn''t include him.

Let''s hope that''s a good sign for us that things are happening!

What is this ongoing obsession that is becoming the top trumps "my city is bigger than your city" nonsense?

Yeah, but the population of Norwich is the human population

Bergens is bolstered by counting the penguins and polar bears as well

[quote user="T"]I''d agree it is a lot like other provincial cities but Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Manchester, Sydney, Munich and in particular London and New York it is not. They have genuine international airports for a start and a lot more choice and variety where as norwich offers such delights as Prince of Wales Road. Don''t get over sensitive because I still still like the place but an international jet set city it is not.[/quote]What''s wrong with Prince of Wales Road?![:D]

Gref you are taking the central area of the City...if you take a proper equation, the urban areas for both cities, Bergen has about 40k more polar bears....ah sorry meant peoples....so its far from double the size.

Watching Everton game here in Canada, commentators mentioned why Naismith was not in the lineup.they say its because they are in discussions with Norwich over his move.

absolute nothing wrong with Prince of Wales Road if that is your thing

"Bergen, around 250k Norwich, 132 k"

"The urban or built-up area of Norwich had a population of 213,166 according to the 2011 census."

I have lived in a fair few places in Britain, and a couple of places in Germany, and there''s nowhere I''d rather live than Norwich.

That''s 5 years out of date, the real urban population has increased to over 270,000 in the last election roll a year ago. Given the other major towns with 50,000 + populations near to Norwich like Lowestoft, Yarmouth & Kings Lynn we have a large enough population.

Norwich itself is the 7th best city for living in England as voted back in 2012.

Now having been to Bergen and know it very well, the park overlooking the city is a great view of the city and a lovely walk down through the wood carvings.

Bergen itself isn''t much more than a fishing, Cruise ship/tourist and O&G gas support city. There''s not a huge amount to attract you there to live unlike Norwich, 90 minutes from London by train.

I''m not knocking Bergen or Stavanger as I love them both but no point in comparing the two.

As for Naismith, if he wants to come and play then great and if his demands are too much for our club then fine......go elsewhere.

We are again appearing to target those who are out of our reach, hopefully we can convince a few to sign.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 03/01/2016 5:04 PM:

Here''s hoping Robert! I''m ignoring all this "inside information" and keeping faith that he will sign :)

I was told by a player of ours and international team mate of his 2 months ago that he wants to come here and it was just a case of sorting the finance out so I''m pretty confident he will sign

I''ve lived a fair few places and depending on what you want some are worse and some are better in different ways. The point is though I''ve lived in cities which are destination cities for outsiders to work in and Norwich is not one of them. Most people in continental Europe don''t even know where it is and are only vaguely aware of it because of the football team. That does mean it is not a nice place to live depending on what is important to you just that it is unlikely to be a destination of choice for young international footballers.