Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

steven naismith signing for £8 million

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]Beginning to sound like a Purple post very confusing

Will you soon be sending everyone a PM (he does) ?[/quote]
Well I''m blowed, were your ears burning Gunthorpe? [;)]

Lol that''ll teach me to only post on one computer! Used old lap top earlier with old details from a while ago! Still stand by what I posted, let''s see come 1st Feb! You lot always shot the messenger! Anybody know the answer to my question re Neil Reynolds? Happy New Year!

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Lol that''ll teach me to only post on one computer! Used old lap top earlier with old details from a while ago! Still stand by what I posted, let''s see come 1st Feb! You lot always shot the messenger! Anybody know the answer to my question re Neil Reynolds? Happy New Year![/quote]
Blimey, you must have a lot of different computers. [;)]

If that rumour is true then Naismith believes he is more important than the team. Perhaps at age of 29 he thinks he wants to get the best pay day before he retires. He is good enough for the Prem. Perhaps he can spend time hanging around in the fringe of the Everton team then! Most teams like us will insist on clauses. Who knows though if this rumour has any weight to it.

Sonyc, yes, again, most if not all clubs in our position will require a players contract to include a relegation clause, BUT if the player doesn''t accept it that''s his prerogative, and in this case he has said no!

Let''s see Ron. Maybe this has a bit to go yet. For sure our league position should encourage more players to join us than was the case 2 weeks ago. Otbc

I''m still claiming the 5th of "club source" (e.g. Someone talking b0llocks)

But it''s always Gotta be club first, player second. It has to always be that way or it''s a slippery slope to Portsmouth.

I spoke to DS a few weeks ago and asked her what were the main problems signing players and she said it was always the same issues...... Geography and relegation clauses.

ATM the deal is off, should he change his position re relegation clause then yes, it might be sorted. He is going to be one of the few quality players available in this window and I can see a club offering him a contract sans the relegation clause

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Sonyc, yes, again, most if not all clubs in our position will require a players contract to include a relegation clause, BUT if the player doesn''t accept it that''s his prerogative, and in this case he has said no![/quote]

I''m a big fan of Naismith, and would love to see him here. But if we were signing him, as suggested, to play behind the striker. I would like to see Ofoe get his chance starting there. If he can do well, not getting Naismith may be a blessing in disguise.

Buh, I promise you that this is not bolloc''s, I don''t make things up and have no reason to, I abhor anyone who does just for the sake of it!

OTBC

Sorry, but January tis'' the season to talk bulls4it so I make it a rule to disbelieve everyone.

Seriously though, does anyone know why Neil Reynolds left? Went he went to Arsenal there was some media coverage but this time he has left somewhat anonymously, intrigued?

I don''t get the geographical issue- I am probably being biased living here but the infrastructure is far improved since the a11 dialling was completed.

We have an international airport, and it''s dual carriageway from Norwich to London, and Norwich to the northwest amongst other places.

We are pretty much the same distance from London as Bournemouth-I think the only difference is the wages they offer.

As for the relegation clause, it must be madness for many teams not to have them as they would be in breach of FFP in the Championship. (Not that it''s enforced).

As far as Naismith is concerned I think things could still be worked out, he wants to come here but the financial package is an issue which may well be the relegation clause. Surely he knew about this in the summer when we were after him?

Geography is a HUGE issue to us being able to sign players.

Norfolk is a brilliant place, I love living here, but it''s very, very unfashionable to the likes of an international sportsperson.

More built up areas will always be more desirable.

It''s nothing personal, it''s just how it is. We know how awesome Norfolk is but not everyone does unfortunately.

The amount of pros that retire here is testament to how they love it when they do actually come here.

I don''t see how,as a location to live, Swansea, Bournemouth, Stoke or Sunderland are any more desirable than Norwich. Unless you offer a footballer more money.

That''s the other big issue lol

Fact is, others pay more wages wise.

Usually because they are financed dubiously, but there you go.

I dont agree geography is as big an issue as league position, can''t see anyone wanting to sign for Villa at the moment. Plus don''t most foreigners when you show them where Norwich is on a map, think its just outside London ?

This map is quite telling:

http://www.mapsofworld.com/united-kingdom/thematic-maps/uk-population-map.html

Even places like Bournemouth have bigger population centres close by.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Hairy Kenneth"]We have an international airport[/quote][:D][:D][:D][:D][/quote]Oh, & then have a look to see where you can fly to from Bournemouth Airport  [:O]

You can fly to all sorts of places from Norwich. Jersey, Amsterdam, Mallorca (sometimes) what more do you need? Just focus on players in those areas and we will be fine.

However much you try to convince yourself about the excellence of Norwich as a city, or area, the fact is that it is seen as a backwater. Which is also probably is, compared to other parts of England.

"Nice place to live" counts for nothing for a flashy young baller who wants to live life to the full, drive fancy cars and shag golddiggers. A big back yard with a fecking apple three is not what these guys want. They want city life, and a fat paycheck. In Norwich they get little of both.

[quote user="Hairy Kenneth"]You can fly to all sorts of places from Norwich. Jersey, Amsterdam, Mallorca (sometimes) what more do you need? Just focus on players in those areas and we will be fine.[/quote]Perhaps there''s someone on an oil rig we should be looking at.

Maybe oil rigs are an untapped market? In hindsight I was pushing it a bit calling Norwich and international airport-maybe a semi-international airport! Stansted is a good run anyway with a Elvedon bypass.

And I never knew you could fly to all those destinations from Bournemouth. Stoke airport is a bit rubbish though.

Grefstad-I am pretty sure we sell flashy cars in Norwich. If not we have nice roads to drive to London to buy a nice flashy car.

I think there might be a gold digger or two so they would not be disappointed.