Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

steven naismith signing for £8 million

I think until Mr. Naismith is wheeled out officially as a City player it should not be assumed this is a done deal. Indeed the Liverpool Echo in the last half hour are saying that Roberto Martinez still plans to have talks with  the player in January and that the final decision rests with the manager. Maybe the Echo are being overtaken by the speed of this transaction?...or maybe the BBC are  jumping the gun a bit to quick?..proves its best to wait, but until we actually see  him holding up the yellow and green shirt its not a done deal.

Essjayess wrote the following post at 29/12/2015 6:34 PM:

I think until Mr. Naismith is wheeled out officially as a City player it should not be assumed this is a done deal. Indeed the Liverpool Echo in the last half hour are saying that Roberto Martinez still plans to have talks with the player in January and that the final decision rests with the manager. Maybe the Echo are being overtaken by the speed of this transaction?...or maybe the BBC are jumping the gun a bit to quick?..proves its best to wait, but until we actually see him holding up the yellow and green shirt its not a done deal.

I was told by a city player a couple of months ago that it was a done deal and just a case of sorting the finance out. He wants to come here but as you say it''s never 100 per cent until he''s unveiled

Except that the Sky Transfer Centre has recently been updated to say it''s sources understand no deal has been agreed between the two Clubs, and that other clubs are interested - all very confusing!

Everton fans seem to to think its a done deal :-[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpszqtgjomk.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpszqtgjomk.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

TWTD is going into meltdown over this, a good read if you can bear it! Half are jealous and saying we are paying too much, the others resigned to the ever growing gulf between the two clubs! Magic

a solid PL player who scores goals and always gives 100 %

you have to pay for players like this he can play any of the 4 attacking positions 8 million is going rate

[quote user="birchfest"]TWTD is going into meltdown over this, a good read if you can bear it! Half are jealous and saying we are paying too much, the others resigned to the ever growing gulf between the two clubs! Magic[/quote]I just read the three page thread, blimey, I don''t think we have ever discussed Ipswich in such detail here!

Not a signing that makes me jump with joy. Steady player who will offer something we haven''t got but not set the world on fire. Someone said a 1 in 4 ratio during his career. I would count the seasons in Scotland out as we must learn from other strikers we have signed. Premier league 1 in 7or 8. As said solid move but not fireworks.

[quote user="Canaries north"]Not a signing that makes me jump with joy. Steady player who will offer something we haven''t got but not set the world on fire. Someone said a 1 in 4 ratio during his career. I would count the seasons in Scotland out as we must learn from other strikers we have signed. Premier league 1 in 7or 8. As said solid move but not fireworks.[/quote]Interesting stat, he has a better goals per game ratio in 2015 than Cameron Jerome.

A good steady player who always plays with a bit of enthusiasm. Don''t see him to be much different than our current large crop of midfielders. Our priorities are a strong mobile centre back plus an out and out striker. Amazingly £8 million is about the going rate for a run of the mill footballer.

[quote user="Al Harrington"]I guess we should take it as a compliment Morty!

Any player who isn''t on a free or on loan will be expensive to them.[/quote]Still, they have their history...

Not sure where you''ve got that ''2015 goals per game ratio'' stat from, Morty, but it''s incorrect going by Soccerbase.

Jerome, 2015:

Matches: 43

Goals: 12

=0.279 gpg

Naismith, 2015:

Matches: 42

Goals: 9

=0.214 gpg

[quote user="birchfest"]TWTD is going into meltdown over this, a good read if you can bear it! Half are jealous and saying we are paying too much, the others resigned to the ever growing gulf between the two clubs! Magic[/quote]

The sign of a fan. Norwich to break their incoming transfer record, and all this bellend can think of is the responses in a fecking Ipswich forum. Try again.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Not sure where you''ve got that ''2015 goals per game ratio'' stat from, Morty, but it''s incorrect going by Soccerbase.

Jerome, 2015:

=0.279 gpg

Naismith, 2015:

=0.214 gpg[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsjbekbcvq.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsjbekbcvq.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled1_zpsamd9dg1h.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled1_zpsamd9dg1h.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Yeah, that''s career, not 2015, right?[/quote]Yep, on second look, you''re right. [Y]

Just found it quite a startling stat considering their differing positions and Jerome''s success with us in the Championship, so wanted to double-check.

[quote user="Captain Canary"]A hard working striker who can''t score goals. Do you honestly think this is what we need??!!!!??!!!?[/quote]Yes, breaking our transfer record for a crocked workhorse isn''t something to clap and cheer about. The club''s in a hole and McNally is busy handing out shovels.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="birchfest"]TWTD is going into meltdown over this, a good read if you can bear it! Half are jealous and saying we are paying too much, the others resigned to the ever growing gulf between the two clubs! Magic[/quote]

The sign of a fan. Norwich to break their incoming transfer record, and all this bellend can think of is the responses in a fecking Ipswich forum. Try again.[/quote]

Ha oh how terribly droll you have become! I find taking delight in their jealousy just one of the many great things of being top flight. Tell me, is it hard work being such a tremendous twat? Doubt it, seems you are revealing in the village idiot role

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Not sure where you''ve got that ''2015 goals per game ratio'' stat from, Morty, but it''s incorrect going by Soccerbase.

Jerome, 2015:

=0.279 gpg

Naismith, 2015:

=0.214 gpg[/quote]

Jerome spent most of the year at championship level and Naismith isn''t an out and out striker, rather the second striker. A comparison with Wes or Redmond would be more useful.

[quote user="9Зvintage"][quote user="Captain Canary"]A hard working striker who can''t score goals. Do you honestly think this is what we need??!!!!??!!!?[/quote]Yes, breaking our transfer record for a crocked workhorse isn''t something to clap and cheer about. The club''s in a hole and McNally is busy handing out shovels.[/quote]

Crocked? Enlighten me? The everton fans i''ve spoken to are kind of sad to see him leave, but appreciate the cashing in and the gamble.

There are even some that think he should play over the talented but naive Deulofeu or Barkley. Make of that what you will...