Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

steven naismith signing for £8 million

8 million is an awful lot of money on Naismith! Isn''t he 29 years old with a year left on his contract?

Good player to have and would improve our squad.

Yes think we are in early for him. Hence mcnallys statement recently. Like the fact that the board were burnt in last window and have realised there are 5 games within the window (25% of the rest of the season!). Pinto, Naismith and possibly two more. Would love Pritchard on loan.

Would be delighted with Naismith just off Mbokani or Jerome, would give us real physical presence and a directness we lack.  Suspect Dorrans''s or Vadis''s days may be numbered.

It''s a lot of money, but if we want to stay up we must spend!

At the moment we have no alternative to Hoolahan, Naismith knows the league so won''t need time to adjust, and we know what he''s all about too. Would be a great piece of early business IMO.

>8 million is an awful lot of money on Naismith! Isn''t he 29 years old with a year left on his contract?

Proven Premier League forward with at least a few good years left. With the ever inflating transfer market I''d say this could be a bargain, or at least an average fee.

Would love to see Afobe coming in as well with Lafferty and Grabban leaving. Am led to believe that it''s more likely to be Gayle than Afobe though

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]>8 million is an awful lot of money on Naismith! Isn''t he 29 years old with a year left on his contract?

Proven Premier League forward with at least a few good years left. With the ever inflating transfer market I''d say this could be a bargain, or at least an average fee.[/quote]I think it''s peanuts considering the prize on offer for staying up.

It''s peanuts if we stay up and like Jarvis he almost certainly wouldn''t be jumping ship if we go down this season. Both of them have the required attributes and work ethics to keep us a force if the worst does happen.

Would really like Naismith here. We lack a player that can aggressively attack the box from an advanced midfield position. Something different to Wes.

[quote user="AJ"]It''s a lot of money, but if we want to stay up we must spend!

At the moment we have no alternative to Hoolahan, Naismith knows the league so won''t need time to adjust, and we know what he''s all about too. Would be a great piece of early business IMO.[/quote]

THIS!!!^^^^^

[quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"]If he helps keep us up spending 8 million is peanuts[/quote]

A few months ago, most people on here were saying we were paying far too much for Brady !!

[quote user="Indy"]8 million is an awful lot of money on Naismith! Isn''t he 29 years old with a year left on his contract?[/quote]Short-term would probably be good but don''t forget the two cruciate injuries, I doubt he''ll be playing at the top level for more than a couple of years. For less money I''d rather have Howson with a broken leg at 24 than a ''recovered'' Naismith at 29.In terms of sustainable transfer business the big test comes next summer, no matter what division we''re in.

I would love this! The guy is a perfect fit for our club in so many ways. I reckon we''ve got some players who can well the club to him. Our manager and the Scottish internationals. I think Whits was a team mate at Rangers? Get him signed!

[quote user="Captain Canary"]A hard working striker who can''t score goals. Do you honestly think this is what we need??!!!!??!!!?[/quote]
Do you honestly think what you say is true? He''s an attacking midfielder who has averaged a goal every four games throughout his career.

£8m is buttons, especially if we can ship out Grabban for around £6m. Just the sort of player we need and a nice human being to boot; a great fit for us.

Two signings and the window hasn''t even opened yet!

Backs up McNally''s words the other day. I suspect a striker and a centre half and we''ll be done. The striker will only come in once we''ve decided whether we are selling Hooper, Lafferty, Ricky and Grabban. I suspect 3 of those will leave to make room for Gayle or Afobe.

I also have a suspicion we might be in for Demarai Gray...

I''d love to see us add Afobe to our forward line as well but I''m led to believe that it''s highly likely to be Gayle coming in.

[quote user="Bor"]Would be delighted with Naismith just off Mbokani or Jerome, would give us real physical presence and a directness we lack.  Suspect Dorrans''s or Vadis''s days may be numbered.
[/quote]

Why would signing Naismith spell the end for Dorrans? The play in completey different positions.

Dorrans is the best passer of the ball out of all our central midfielders. We''d be stupid to sell him.

No I can''t see it and I don''t think myself he has done enough this season to earn that move to the next level