Sign in to follow this  
king canary

A mini scouting report

Over the Christmas period my brother in law got us tickets to go watch Fulham v Rotherham (he is a Fulham fan) and off I went.

First thing to note- Tony Andreu was playing for Rotherham and looked ok- one great pass that should have led to a goal and generally neat and tidy. Looks very much like lower end Championship is his level unfortunately.

Rotherham''s stand out player was Grant Ward, a young winger on loan from Spurs. Excellent pace and trickery but at times his end product was lacking. Still learning though and could be one to watch for in the future.

For Fulham, it is clear Ross McCormack is a cut above (although still not worth £11m) and his strike partner Corey Woodrow grabbed two goals but I was really impressed by Emerson Hyndman, a young all action American midfielder. Showed great feet, strong in the tackle and a good range of passing. While we are pretty stocked at central midfield I''d hope he''s someone Norwich are keeping an eye on as he looked quality. Anyone else seen him play?

I haven''t seen him, but being a Prem club I would like to think we''ve got a good helping of scouts checking out the young players around the country. Judging by the fact we''re bidding to sign young players in this window that would hopefully be a yes :)

@jas

No need to be a dick- just thought it was worth posting, wasn''t suggesting I''m some form of professional scout or that I have any great insight.

Don''t worry about Jas, his days of being the King of anything are well behind him, just a boring old Knut these days