Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Sign Mbokani dont mess about AN !

I Saw the story on the pinkun home page the club have a agreement in place to buy Mbokani during or after his loan

why don''t we just buy him now ?

some on here are guessing that the fee might be approx. 4 mil ?

well just say AN plays him more second half of the season and he continues to impress are we not leaving ourselves open to other clubs gazumping us in the summer ??

so if we have agreed to pay 4 million just say to his club it doesn''t mean he will sign his agent might know in the summer someone else is ready to offer the player a extra 15 k a week ( which most clubs could do ) we would lose our best striker

if the player and club and agent are happy to do a deal now wouldn''t it be better to tie the deal up instead of taking a chance ? unless of course he is waiting to see if we are pl next season ??

[quote user="norfolkngood"]I Saw the story on the pinkun home page the club have a agreement in place to buy Mbokani during or after his loan

why don''t we just buy him now ?

some on here are guessing that the fee might be approx. 4 mil ?

well just say AN plays him more second half of the season and he continues to impress are we not leaving ourselves open to other clubs gazumping us in the summer ??

so if we have agreed to pay 4 million just say to his club it doesn''t mean he will sign his agent might know in the summer someone else is ready to offer the player a extra 15 k a week ( which most clubs could do ) we would lose our best striker

if the player and club and agent are happy to do a deal now wouldn''t it be better to tie the deal up instead of taking a chance ? unless of course he is waiting to see if we are pl next season ??[/quote]What if he is utterly shart for the rest of the season?Absolutely no need to do business now if we have him secured for the rest of the season, I would assume we have first refusal on him as part of the loan deal.And, of course, its entirely sensible waiting to see what division we are in.

or stick to the loan and use the available cash to strengthen other positions too?

I think the club have the club have it right; he is ours until the season end so focus on other priorities first.

we might have agreed a price with his club but say he plays well and his agents hear others are interested ??

no loyalty in football if his agent thinks he can get a better deal somewhere else if he stock rises he will go to a club willing to pay better wages

norwich and his parent club can not make him sign because we agreed a deal if his head gets turned by better wages

[quote user="norfolkngood"]we might have agreed a price with his club but say he plays well and his agents hear others are interested ??

no loyalty in football if his agent thinks he can get a better deal somewhere else if he stock rises he will go to a club willing to pay better wages

norwich and his parent club can not make him sign because we agreed a deal if his head gets turned by better wages[/quote]Fairly sure there will be something in place to prevent this, but if there isn''t, and we can''t afford him, we can''t afford him.If he has hit such great form that he helps keep us up, then he has been of value to us. We grab next years TV money and we go shopping for a striker.No drama.

Who was that striker that we had on loan, ooh dunno, ten years ago probably, that scored for fun while on loan, then completely dried up when we bought him?

Depends on the agreement, we wouldn''t want to risk losing him if he has a good second half of the season, I''m sure the club will manage this in our best interest.

I remember a certain David Neilson who looked pretty good when on loan and as soon as we signed him on a contract, well......😭

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]David Nielsen.

Mbokani''s done ok for us, but I think we might be able to find a bit better in the summer.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="morty"]Who was that striker that we had on loan, ooh dunno, ten years ago probably, that scored for fun while on loan, then completely dried up when we bought him?[/quote]
David Neilsen? Bit longer than 10 years ago. scored 5 in 5 on loan and then 3 in 23 after we signed him. Had him on loan from wimbledon and he put 3 past them whilst on loan with us [:D]

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="morty"]Who was that striker that we had on loan, ooh dunno, ten years ago probably, that scored for fun while on loan, then completely dried up when we bought him?[/quote]
David Neilsen? Bit longer than 10 years ago. scored 5 in 5 on loan and then 3 in 23 after we signed him. Had him on loan from wimbledon and he put 3 past them whilst on loan with us [:D]
[/quote]Just checked, 2001.

Bloody hell Nielsen, what a nutter!In February 2005, Nielsen was sacked by AaB when he physically attacked team-mate Allan Gaarde during a training session, leaving him with a concussion.[10] Nielsen later explained in his autobiography that Gaarde was "pretentious... talking loudly about wine in Italian. "I told him: ''The next time you speak Italian I will break you in half. You''re not f***ing Italian – you spent eight months there.'' So when he did it again I decided to break his shitting legs like sticks. I jumped at him and bang. Jackpot. Felt good."[10][:D]

If we have the option to buy at the end of the loan - why would we waste the money now when we can buy him in the summer if we''ve achieved another year in the Prem?

He''s here for the rest of the season anyway, it doesn''t affect anything if we sign him now or wait until the summer - sense would be to wait and concentrate on the areas that actually need adding to

[quote user="morty"]Who was that striker that we had on loan, ooh dunno, ten years ago probably, that scored for fun while on loan, then completely dried up when we bought him?[/quote]Adebayor?No wait, that wasn''t us. Just everyone else..... [:D]

I say wait, we have him now and have something in place to sign later - how ''watertight'' these agreements are is possibly questionable (look at Alderweireld in the summer) but we''ve used them before and will do again, and these little reason to use cash now if we don''t need to.

Hope Alex plays him more than hes done up until now, something about Mbokani i just love, hes such a strong guy and a real character. Much could depend on how he feels playing here at City, also how much the crowd respond to him. Has the potential to become a city hero, the first striker since Grant Holt for that. If he is given the chance to play enough minutes, and he keeps playing well, then at seasons end i would snap the guy up for the 3 or 4 mill he would command.

I''ve said it before that if we could attract a player with his goalscoring record we''d all be so very excited, can''t take for granted the absolute quality he brings to the side.

The only reason neil hasn''t signed him straight away is because his English is still terrible. despite the fact we have French players in the team can you imagine the inconvenience during training on a daily basis?

He''ll still be here next season

I would have thought the issue at the moment would be whether Mbokani wants to sign for Norwich City.

He''s starting every other game being moved out for Jerome and Norwich are right now very much in a relegation battle.

If we''re relegated he''s unlikely to want to stay at Norwich, take a wage cut and play every other game in the Championship.

As others have alluded to, the year long loan deal means that limited transfer fees would be better spent on new signings to bolster our squad for the second half of the season. It''s therefore probably best for both the club and the player to wait until May and see where we are. Grabban, Hooper, Jerome and Lafferty have already proven they are more than adequate as a group to lift us back out of the Championship again if needs be.

Also worth noting he''s just turned 30 so his ability is going to likely soon begin (if it hasn''t already) declining relatively rapidly as a man who relies on energy, strength and pace above natural ball skill. So it''s probably not great business to go buying him for big money given his 3 goals in 11 games is an ok if not brilliant output.

I would say wait. Even if he does have a great second half of the season. It tells you something about a player if, after settling in to a team, linking well with his team mates and becoming first choice, he would rather go to a club where there is so much unknown for maybe 15-20k a week more.

The type of wages he would get at Norwich would not be insignificant, and another 3 year contract at Norwich would set him up nicely for retirement.

If he does well at the club, but doesn''t want to be here...good riddance. If he does well and wants to sign, great.

however this is academically at the moment, as I don''t think his performances so far have generated a queue of clubs, that can pay more than Norwich, wanting to sign him.