Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

So then, Cup run or not?

1. I believe we can beat Man C if we want to.2. Given their PL position and the CL knockout stages coming up they may not be all that interested in a FA Cup run.3. Losing to them would not be a shock so we could bow out of the Cup gracefully if we wanted to.4. There is no conclusive evidence that an FA Cup run helps or hinders PL survival. It can work both ways.5. The worst result would be a draw.Personally, I''d rather we went for it & try to keep our good form going.

Man City''s away form has been appalling of late. Until yesterday''s win at Watford they could barely even by a goal for the last few months.

Without Kompany, they are defensively suspect.

With a Carling Cup semi-final this week, I would think Pellegrini would attach more importance to that first leg.

It couldn''t be a better time to play them in the cup, and I hope the players see this very much as a good opportunity to progress.

Man City will want a draw even less than ourselves........

Not bothered either way, the Man, City game is a chance for some fringe players to get some minutes in i guess. The Prem. is of such huge importance to City that right now the FA Cup is a mere sideshow imo. That could change of course should we work our way into the quarters or semis.

A golden opportunity to rest Wes, Brady, Seb, Tettey, O''Neil and Redders ... and avoid regretful injuries and avoidable suspensions.

Survival this season is EVERYTHING.

Cup runs can come after 3yrs of building.

If we play our best team and lose it''s bad for confidence and perhaps attracting new players. Also there could be injuries.

I would play a team desperate for regular places i.e Ruddy, Lafferty and throw everything at Man City.

Get the reserves and bench some minutes in and rest the first team - if we win great, do it again next cup game, if we lose, no big deal - premier league survival is imperative and a fit squad will help us achieve that.

Put the strongest team out, wins breed confidence and continuity will help. Playing is better than training, AN will reduce the training of the guys playing.

there''s no reason we can''t do well in the FA cup and why not go for it.i really cant see it affecting league form especially once we get 2 or 3 new faces in the door.

I''d keep Rudd in between the sticks to get further experience. We ought to play some who haven''t played much, maybe give Toffolo a chance. It could also be a good opportunity to give one or two of our other youngsters a chance to show lower league clubs that they''re worth getting on loan.We''ve not got too many under-23''s in and around the first team, and the ones that we intend to sell probably won''t be risked (eg Lafferty). So any 11 that we select ought to be fairly strong.Rotate, rest and give chances. Putting out our strongest first team would be a mistake in my opinion.

If we had a week before and after the game with no matches I''d put out the strongest team.  But we are away at Stoke on the Wednesday after and that has to be a consideration, especially as Stoke who also play on Saturday, will almost certainly rest some of their players.

I would go for our strongest line up and go for the win. I have always believed in a team playing regularly together as a unit breeding confidence and fluidity. I don''t like all the tinkering which AN does as I think a settled team is v. important.

We have virtually nobody (apart from maybe Wes or the two CBs) who if injured would cause us serious issues with no back up. Continuing this good form will set us up better for Stoke than sitting in the stands IMO.

This is only my third opportunity to get to FCR this season so looking forward to it immensely...........

RuddWhittaker Bennett Bassong Olsson           Dorrans, Mulumbu        Redmond, Vadis, BradyNot sure on strikers so one of     Loza/Laffery/Jerome

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Only risk the non-starters and U21s. Stoke and Bournemouth away much more important games.[/quote]. Agree with HC