Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Loic Remy

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Linked with him this morning along with Swansea and villa.

Probably nothing in it, but if we signed him I''d be bloody delighted. Cracking finisher[/quote]Would imagine he would be a long way above our wage ceiling? If we were to sign someone like Remy, it would certainly be a suggestion that our era of financial austerity is over...

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 03/01/2016 9:27 AM:

Would be fantastic, where are we linked with him?

The Sun on Sunday☹️

Can''t imagine in Chelsea''s position they''ll let him go unless they bring in some serious reinforcement in the window. Falcao injured again, Costa indifferent - Remy is their 3rd choice striker.

Non stater this one methinks

Maybe he want to try his hand at a club a little higher up the table!

I''m all seriousness though a great player if he was available and willing to come to a team of our stature. Can''t see it though. If he is available there will be plenty of clubs after him as he is a goalscorer at this level and not many of those become available.

Would love to see Remy in a City shirt, but for too many reasons this will surely only be paper talk sadly. Still, if it happened, with the emergence of VOO, Rudd and Benno, I think it''d ensure a very happy 2nd half of the season - Matt Jarvis coming back, mid table no problem! OTBC

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Why would Chelsea sell / loan out to a rival?[/quote]

Because they''ve always done it! Lukaka, Sturridge?

total non starter as Chelsea boss Gus has already said no one will b leaving Chelsea this window. Plus Remy is Chelseas only alternative striker to Costa.

[quote user="Dead Canary"]"Darth Bor"]No thanks.  Bench-warming mercenary.  Doubt his heart would be in it.

Why do you think that bore? Only place he has warmed the bench is Chelsea. Everywhere else he has been a regular scorer.[/quote]
Because in all probability he went to Chelsea knowing he would be warming the bench and was quite happy to do so while raking in thousands per week.  See also: Demba Ba.

We saw what he was capable of in that very average QPR side, I think we would be able to offer him an even better chance of goals..... Do I think this will happen? No. How much is he on? 60-70K a week? Doubt he would leave London and half his wage with us!

IF he became available (no place in the squad today) the bottom half of the league would rival us for his signature!

He would guarantee us survival in my opinion.

[quote user="Essjayess"]total non starter as Chelsea boss Gus has already said no one will b leaving Chelsea this window. Plus Remy is Chelseas only alternative striker to Costa.[/quote]

And yet not in todays squad in a team that was struggling for goals!

Bench warming mercinary ???

That''s utter bullshit. Maybe he went there because chelsea one of biggest clubs in the world. How could you turn down a move to Chelsea when you play for QPR. And know they will do well in lots of competitions so will get games in fa cup, league cup and chamaps league aswell.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Bench warming mercinary ???

That''s utter bullshit. Maybe he went there because chelsea one of biggest clubs in the world. How could you turn down a move to Chelsea when you play for QPR. And know they will do well in lots of competitions so will get games in fa cup, league cup and chamaps league aswell.[/quote]
Hmmm, if you say so.
Remy signed for Chelsea in August 2014, so has been at Chelsea for a season and a half.
In that time (58 PL games, say) he has made 7 Premier League starts with 20 substitute appearances.
This season he has made 14 appearances for Chelsea, scoring 3 goals - two of which were in the Capital One Cup.
Considering the form of Diego Costa, he can hardly be dazzling everyone in training if he has remained second choice except during Costa''s suspension.
A player like that isn''t one I see taking our club forward as, from the outside looking in, I''d say his attitude smells bad.
To me, happily sitting on the bench for one of the world''s biggest clubs and collecting your weekly wages makes you a bench warming mercenary.  I want us to sign players who want to play.

[quote user="Darth Bor"][quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Bench warming mercinary ???

That''s utter bullshit. Maybe he went there because chelsea one of biggest clubs in the world. How could you turn down a move to Chelsea when you play for QPR. And know they will do well in lots of competitions so will get games in fa cup, league cup and chamaps league aswell.[/quote]
Hmmm, if you say so.
Remy signed for Chelsea in August 2014, so has been at Chelsea for a season and a half.
In that time (58 PL games, say) he has made 7 Premier League starts with 20 substitute appearances.
This season he has made 14 appearances for Chelsea, scoring 3 goals - two of which were in the Capital One Cup.
Considering the form of Diego Costa, he can hardly be dazzling everyone in training if he has remained second choice except during Costa''s suspension.
A player like that isn''t one I see taking our club forward as, from the outside looking in, I''d say his attitude smells bad.
To me, happily sitting on the bench for one of the world''s biggest clubs and collecting your weekly wages makes you a bench warming mercenary.  I want us to sign players who want to play.
[/quote]Or maybe he backed himself to go there and succeed? Moron.

Well then he failed, and if he was bothered about regular football he would have left in the summer to find a club where he can play.
So it''s a "no thanks" from me.
I''ll ignore your unnecessary insult, tough guy.

[quote user="Darth Bor"]Well then he failed, and if he was bothered about regular football he would have left in the summer to find a club where he can play.
So it''s a "no thanks" from me.
I''ll ignore your unnecessary insult, tough guy.
[/quote]Oh so it''s only LDC you have a go at constantly?

Bor I would have thought that after 2 seasons of scoring at QPR and Newcastle when struggling he would have backed himself to succeed and would want to win trophies. It hasn''t worked but I wouldn''t say Chelsea not playing him means he''s not good enough to take our club forward (not that I think he would join us anyway). When Drogba left he may have looked at this season and saw an opportunity to play.

If he is looking to get away and play at a club at the lower end of the league it would suggest he is no mercenary and wants to play football how ever as we know Managers will sometimes keep players who want to go for squad cover and he could be in that position.

[quote user="Darth Bor"]This thread is about Loic Remy.

If you want to discuss message board dynamics, please start a new thread.[/quote]
At least he didn''t continually refer to you as an ''Indie kid'' for some unknown reason...

I''d imagine he''s motivated to make the France 16 squad, so even if he isn''t bothered about the team particularly, its in his interests to go out and get some games and goals.

For what it''s worth, I''d take him. He''s an undeniable step up in quality and if it doesn''t work out, we have fairly reliable back up so we wouldn''t be putting our eggs in one basket.

I don''t blame him for moving to Chelsea and the move hasn''t been that bad for him really, he''s played well in Europe and the cups when given the chance. If anything, he was more of a mercenary at QPR. As for his scoring record, some of them apps were like 10 mins or were from the wing as well.