Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Should we sell Grabban?

It''s clear that he is not wanted, by the fans. Perhaps even AN can now see he is out of his depth in the PL.

But should we sell him to Bournemouth? I can''t see anyone else wanting him as a PL player.

Not much sense him taking a valuable space in our squad numbers

Surely better strikers are out there even in the Champs to replace him.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]It''s clear that he is not wanted, by the fans. [/quote]

He scored a good goal against Arsenal and all it would take to get fans on his side again would be appear sharp and get a goal or two more.  I don''t like fans having any say in who or what player is picked, as fans are notoriously fickle when it comes to that kind of thing.  So he had a problem a few weeks ago, for reasons we don''t fully know about  (sometimes thinking you know what the situation is and knowing what the actual situation is are two different things). He should stay if AN wants him to and we should get behind him if he is picked.  Some fans think they know everything, but in truth most of us  know very little at all when it comes to running a football team. 

If fans had a say on who stays and who goes purely on who they like,our team would be tiny.Rudd in goal.Ryan Bennett in defence.Elliot Bennett and Simon Lappin in midfield.Luciano Becchio in attack.

It has been talked about over and over.

For me he proved he would score with 1 in 5 golden opportunities. In this league not good enough. His red card at the end of the season put us in a hole and then his actions before the end of the last window.

It was the disrespect shown that I find hard to forgive and his lack of football since notes to me that his 1 in 5 goal threat may be noticed in training.

Also Bournemouth were very actively pursuing grabban, it is very rare for a former club to come back for a player they sold. Even more so after 12 months. So there had been talks behind the scenes or rumblings between representatives and Bournemouth.

For me if the offer is there for grabban we do business. My position has not changed as that distraction is now brought up again now.

He started as our first choice and brings something different to the single striker role. His game against Arsenal shows he can still cut it at this level if his head is right.

I would keep him unless someone throws silly money at us, and I would not sell him to another club in the bottom half.

Therefore probably keep him, on balance.

Attitude s ucks on the pitch and isn''t Premiership class!

Took his goal against Arsenal very well but one very little else, didn''t put himself about enough and was a very weak targetman.

At Watford it was a massive error playing him ahead of the much better Jerome and Mbokani and I think Neil realised this, hence why he was taken of and wasn''t on the bench at Man U last week!

Grabban played a part in our successful season in the Championship but I get the impression hes not happy at Norwich so I''d get rid and replace him with a better player with a better attitude!

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]It''s clear that he is not wanted, by the fans. Perhaps even AN can now see he is out of his depth in the PL.

But should we sell him to Bournemouth? I can''t see anyone else wanting him as a PL player.

Not much sense him taking a valuable space in our squad numbers

Surely better strikers are out there even in the Champs to replace him.[/quote]But would Bournemouth even want him now?  City apparently had chance to sell him to them for 7 mill at end of last window but Alex point blank refused that., and rumours being rumours says they are interested in Dorrans now. Likely Alex still sees Grabban as integral to the squad so wether City would, should or could is kind of meaningless.

I''m against selling any player who will strengthen a rivals squad, and on that basis, I would happily ship Grabban off to Bournemouth as he is a terrible striker. No killer instinct whatsoever, he misses far too many.
I disagree Cantiaci, I don''t think Grabban is worth keeping even if we go down, we can get better than him, and if we want to go straight back up, we should certainly be looking for much better than him. 

When Grabban scored against Arsenal , he just turned away from the fans in the Barclay and didn''t even celebrate with the other players .

Someone suggested that he reacted like he was an arsenal player on loan !

Obviously doesn''t want to be here IMO

Sell him and use the money , or worst ways loan him to championship and get shot of his wages in most part .

Whilst I see what everyone is saying, we have to be careful here.I would think its obvious that Lafferty and Hooper are going, which leaves us Grabban, Mbokani and Jerome. Which is about the bare minimum we need to operate.We will have to be sure our intended target is secure, before Grabban goes anywhere.

I agree Morty. Too many times have we let players go without securing a replacement.

If, as has been said, Laffs & Hoops no longer feature, I''ve said in another post I''d be happy to see them used as part of any deals to bring in likes of Afobe (or my preference is to use Grabban as part of that deal as it would suit both clubs-they get a proven championship striker, we don;t sell to a rival)

Judging by his post match interview after Arsenal, I''m convinced he doesn''t want to be here, on that alone I think he should be sold.  However I agree completely with Morty, there must be a replacement lined up before he''s allowed to go.

Grabban now reminds me of an ''Aldi Anelka'', massive ego, big pout, maybe he should be called ''Le petit Sulk''.

Should we sell ? Yes, but not to Bournemouth or any of our rivals. yes, he took his goal well, but to me he just doesnt look like he is a Norwich player. So therefore he should not be.

[quote user="lake district canary"] ......Some fans think they know everything, but in truth most of us  know very little at all when it comes to running a football team.  [/quote]Couldn''t agree more.Only the the other day someone on here started a thread called " Why ? " and........[;)]

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Grabban now reminds me of an ''Aldi Anelka'', massive ego, big pout, maybe he should be called ''Le petit Sulk''.

Should we sell ? Yes, but not to Bournemouth or any of our rivals. yes, he took his goal well, but to me he just doesnt look like he is a Norwich player. So therefore he should not be.[/quote]

Aldi''s business model is based on amazing efficiency; that''s pretty much the polar opposite of Grabban on a football pitch! To me he appears to be an emotionally disconnected individual. I''d welcome his departure as a makeweight for Benik Afobe at Wolves...

Surely depends on who''s earmarked for coming in, if we get one or two strikers in surely it would make sense to take any decent offer for Grabban and Laffs, let''s not beat on if or not they are up to the quality needed as neither are in AN plans ahead of Jerome & Mbokani.

Yes Grabban scored a good goal against Arseanal but did bugged all else in two games.

I''d say yes to letting both go but only if we get players in first, we don''t want to be caught out by letting players go without shoring up our squad with quality.

Ok, Mr Mustard, my analogy was off target, but sounded nice, rolled off the tongue, or maybe not, in his own way Grabban is efficient, not a lot of effort has earned him a very well paid job,

See what i did there, conceded a little bit of ground only to back up my original point with a different argument, remind you of anyone ? and if so...............Why?

In fact is Grabban our Anelka? there are a few very obscure similarities you know.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]It''s clear that he is not wanted, by the fans.[/quote]

I''m a fan and I want him here..

Like it or not the manager/players/club, in 95% of cases don''t care what we fans think....

Probably just as well or we''d be a sunday league side by now!

After his performance at Watford, I''ll be happy if he never makes another appearance for us. He wasn''t even making an attempt to challenge for any headers, I was amazed he wasn''t replaced at half-time.

bugged-red if we don''t secure other strikers first - I don''t even think Jerome''s Man Utd goal celebration looked ecstatic so we might need 2 more!!!!!

Shame about Lafferty, who would probably enjoy crosses from both sides.

Would be nice if one of the Championship clubs chasing promotion came in with a sizeable bid for Grabban. Best for all parties.  Wouldn''t really want him going to a rival like Bournemouth. I''d only see that as acceptable if the fee enabled the club to bring a in decent striker (or even two).As others have said, we really need to ensure we get players coming in first.

Will be interesting to see if anything is announced at board level before the New Year. If the rumblings about additional investment are true, one would expect that additional cash to be available during the transfer window, surely?I think the best solution would be to loan Grabban to a Championship side for the remainder of the season, sell Lafferty, keep Hooper out on loan, and invest in a true goalscorer. If we are going to stay up, we desperately need someone consistently clinical. Mbokani looks the closest we have to that, but has had limited opportunity to get a run going. Whether it''s Austin or a Bony-esque signing from the continent, I firmly believe we will not stay up with our current crop of strikers.And we desperately need a centre back too, but that''s one for another thread...

Not good enough for this level, and if we needed to go to our 4th choice striker for some reason I''d rather see one of our younger players given a chance instead of someone who clearly doesn''t have much of a future here or the backing of the fans. I don''t think he''ll score many more for Bournemouth than he does for us because he just doesn''t have what it takes in the premiership, so not too worried about selling to him if they offer us 5-6m that we can invest in a much better replacement.

The car is ready and full of petrol. I''d drive him to Bournemouth tomorrow. Worthless waste of space and a bad apple. If we''re going to have a striker who can''t play on his own I''d rather have Hooper back in the squad. He''s the best finisher we have.

I don''t get this apparent dislike of LG.

A decent enough player for us, certainly last season, which was important.

Apparently there was a big personal problem and he wanted back home to Bournemouth, which was denied. We have all probably let such problems f us up at times.

Sell him? Yes, but resent him? No.

Somebody put me right.

I can''t help you Broady. Except to say that it''s always been thus. We all have our favourites and non-favourites though. The line for me is who the manager selects. If Alex Neil picks Grabban, as he did for Arsenal, then Grabban deserves to be picked. The reaction of so many that day when the team was announced wasn''t just disrespectful to Grabban but also just as disrespectful to Alex Neil.